Special Care Agency Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very unstable company now that Sails Group has bought Special Care
Residential Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LynnwoodSeptember 9, 2018
Poor management! Very profit hungry; not client/ client family based. They also do not treat staff well and make it clear that everyone is replaceable.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Not the best or worst place to work
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Carnation, WAJuly 24, 2018
It's an average place to work with little room for advancement. Company expects a lot of free work and requires you to attend mandatory meets at time not convenient for a person in school working two part time jobs
Pros
close to Seattle
Cons
Not well organized
I loved working with this company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Carnation, WAJune 9, 2018
I enjoyed working with all of my families that I was given. I was challenged at some and met those challenges.
My supervisors were always attentive when I needed them,
Pros
time off when needed
Cons
shortage of caregivers for time off
A great company to work for!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAApril 12, 2018
I've been employed with SCA for around a month now and I can happily say that things are going well! Everyone is dedicated to their job and willing to teach and train new employees. The people here are wonderful!
Pros
Great people and work atmosphere
Cons
None yet - will update as months continue
Loved the family I worked with, Supervisor always approachable
Para educator (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAMarch 12, 2018
I was assigned to a family whose daughter has Cerebral palsy. The family is very kind, welcoming and wonderful to work with. Their daughter is intelligent and funny. I hadn’t intended on leaving the family and hope that they are able to find a wonderful person to take my place. I had an opportunity to go back to school to finish my Physical Therapy Assistant certifications and school and work hours weren’t compatible.
My direct supervisor is so wonderful! She answers emails and phone calls quickly and has been a huge advocate for both me and the family.
I would highly recommend working for SCA.
Pros
Supervisor is approachable and easy to work with, The family I worked for was always very flexible and welcomed me into their family.
Do not work for this company!!!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Carnation, WAApril 10, 2017
When working for this company you should know that things keep changing every month, paper work keep changing every day, The oner of SCA It is not very stable and changes her mind almost every day, keep asking the same questions again and again, but later she don't remember the answer.... So questions keep on coming, if yo work for this company you should know that you job will never be stable, as the believe on firing people even for small things. You will never be apreciated and will continue getting the same pay even if you work there for years.
Pros
Clients are awesome
Cons
Horrible management!!!!
Low-paying but never a lack of hours available
Lead Staff, Special Care Agency (Former Employee) –  Carnation, WAMay 20, 2016
your typical counseling agency, love the people and the clients, everyday is a challenge

my supervisors were awesome!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Special Care Agency. Our community is ready to answer.

Special Care Agency Reviews by Location