Special Counsel Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Recruiter
Legal Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 3, 2018
I was able to gain more insight into what certain companies are searching for in reference to employment as a direct result of this experience. I strengthened my human resource skills as well as my communication skills.
More consistent in staffing
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 30, 2018
Overall a good experience with Special Counsel. Usually fairly quick about having something in the pipe to go work on. Hours available to work were good.
Good Experience
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. It was a great way to gain experience and explore different work opportunities in various legal sectors without making a long term commitment, and often offering immediate employment opportunities.
Project was great but Special Counsel people were not
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with the client, however I was apparently a threat and had to endure serious backlash when I helped the client. It was the contractor that was not doing well and my feedback was valuable to the client, yet not appreciated by the contractor.

The client appreciated my work enough that they provided for a significant raise and extended my contract. The contractor, clearly did not recognize my value the same.
Pros
Location was great and I truly enjoyed working with the client
Cons
The reason that the contractor didn't fire me was because the client appreciated my work.
Satisfied
Document Review Attorney (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 29, 2017
I was satisfied with the assignments provided. The people were nice. I worked in the Baltimore Office it was convenient to the metro. the office was clean
Horrible company
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2017
Recruiters make it seem like they are doing you a favor when they call you back. They demean you and act like they are better than the people they are trying to help.
It's ok
Multilingual Document Review (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 1, 2017
Not a bad place to work. They pay well enough and usually have a good work environment. Be prepared to deal with manager dysfunction and co-worker back-stabbing.
Legal Staffing Service with exciting opportunities for career placement
Paralegal, Legal Secretary and Assistant, Courrier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 31, 2017
I have had the pleasure of working for this wonderful company for many years. The management and team environment make this a great place to build a career.
Claim to Be Supportive and Team - Not True
Attorney Search Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 28, 2017
Pay is low with opportunity to make high commissions but you better make a placement within 100 days or else they let you go. After 100 days they start a draw on your salary. Claim to be invested in a team mentality and success but that's not really true.
Legal Employment Agency
Senior Paralegal & Notary Public (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 26, 2017
Good staff and opportunities. Worked with them in two cities on temp assignments. They have good clients and opportunities. I would recommend them.
Good
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2017
It was a fine place to work, while I worked there. I would work there again if asked. My only critique would be that they are experiencing a shake up in the company that may affect job security.
Pros
Nice
Cons
Not nice?
It's a staffing agency
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 29, 2017
I only had one assignment under them, but it was a great client - a satellite office of an international law firm in Charlottesville, Virginia - I worked in Mergers & Acquisitions and the Commercial Leasing Dept.
Friendly, knowledgeable professionals
Commercial Real Estate Legal Secretary - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2017
I enjoyed working with Special Counsel and found that all of their job placement counselors were really interested in each potential candidate. I enjoyed speaking with each one of them upon my initial interview so that if I had a question about anything at all while on my assignment, I was at ease with whomever I was speaking to because all of the counselors already knew me and my assignment. The job placement associates were all very knowledgeable about each client and had good relationships with many of the top firms in town.
Pros
Ease of reaching my placement counselor and getting good information
Great
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2017
The employment specialist are wonderful. They are honest when providing information regarding the company and people you will be working for. They are very helpful.
Tax Law Editor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 3, 2017
Very helpful agency. Found me a job in a very short amount of time. They are easy to talk to. Pretty responsive when you need to get in touch with them.
Pros
Approachable
Cons
Busy
Productive and fun place
Attorney at Law (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Working at special counsel proved to be a great experience.
We have a very professional work environment with an excellent workplace culture
temp
Temporary Assignment (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 19, 2017
I do not have much interaction as they are a temp agency. The people I did talk to were nice. There is not much I can say. I never met anyone that worked there
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 6, 2017
A good way to get your foot in the door of a company. I was looking for a job that would provide me with additional skills and they put me in a position where those skills could be obtained.
Pros
Cons
Weekly pay
Good Way To Get Your Foot Into The Door
Administrative Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 13, 2016
State Of Tennessee - Legal Assistant .
Special Counsel Didn't Really Have Any Knowledge As To What I Was Interviewing For All They Knew Was Where I Was Going To Temp At. It Was About A 2 Week Process To Start At Where I Am Today. But Overall Special Counsel Is A Good Company So Far.
Pros
Positive People, Weekly Pay, Hour Long Lunch Breaks, Wellness Program, Keeping Busy
Temporary assigment
Call Representative, Special Counsel (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 28, 2016
work on phones all day with taxpayers; professional environment experience; trhe hardest part was the hours because I worked from 9am to 6pm which left me a minimum for work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Special Counsel. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.7InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight