Special Olympics

Special Olympics Employee Reviews

United States166 reviews

athletespecialvolunteercoacheventkidcompetesport

Meaningful and rewarding work

Great organization that is true to their mission. Get to work with passionate and dedicated people. Inclusive and supportive workplace. Opportunities can be found in the organization worldwide.

Fun people

I really enjoyed all the people I've met and worked with! Everyone seems to be so happy and ready for fun! To see the smiles on the individuals faces is priceless!

Special Olympics insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment

Very good

This is a very good job which is quite good in many ways, the first way of which of these reasons is the fact that this job is a good one, I like this job

Great company

Great company. Supportive staff, many different jobs to hold and the purpose and goal is the same across the board which is great and positive. Everyone is wonderful

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Great organization.

Always has the best interest of the athlete and minimizes waste in spending. Everyone is very friendly and the work environment is fun and happy. Togetherness

Volunteer

This is a great place for your whole family to volunteer as a team! You will grow to love everyone involved in Special Olympics! I highly recommend volunteering with this company

Helping a great cause

Being able to help a great organization with a incredible cause was an amazing experience. I produced a video for them by filming different activities the athletes and volunteers were doing outside. It was a challenge to make sure I covered all the events and took high quality film with good lighting and sound.

The special Olympics was fun and productive

I liked the work that I did with the Special Olympics because I loved working with the kids and the staff there was very energized. I was very satisfied with the staff.

Wonderful job, only part time. I would gladly work there again.

Great job, enjoyed meeting different people all working together for special Olympics participants. Learned new skills while improving others. Wonderful opportunity to help others and watch the game's.

Special Olympics

This is a great heart warming job that requires endless support. The job strives to create moments of inclusion and acceptance among athletes and students.

Productive and fun place to work; volunteer position in support of people with disabilities

Great place to work. Very supportive coaches. There is no monetary compensation for this position. Very rewarding job helping people with differing abilities.

Great way to give back to the community

I was a volunteer for the Special Olympics for one season of soccer. I think it is important to give back to the community and help those that are less fortunate.

Volunteer

I had a lot of fun as a peer athlete and helping out with Special Olympics. They do a good job including all skill levels. Provides entertainment and fun for families

Coaching

Coaching these athletes is one of the most rewarding things I do. They get so excited to see their coaches for practice and work so hard. We meet once a week to practice and they have games often.

The people are wondrful individuals who seek to love and serve

Amazing. Their isn't another experience like it. If you love serving others and feeling lead to something greater than yourself then the Special Olympics is the opportunity for you

Give back to your community

working in the special olympics is not for those who want to take pictures and feel like a good person. It's something to do when you truly LOVE what you are doing. I personally loved it. I loved my friends. I loved the people I worked with. I loved my entire experience.

Working the Polar Plunge

I helped work the Polar plunge in Chicago one year, and it was all I could have ever asked for. My co workers were amazing, as well as the customers. It was a fantastic experience and I would do it again.

Rewarding service

Special Olympics offers so much diversity to those who normally would not be allowed to participate in sporting activities. it is a prideful job to obtain.

volunteer work

This organization is all about helping their community and helping the children realize their full potential. This event is something that changes the lives of so many individuals and i am so proud to say that i get to be apart of it.

A truly beautiful experience

Some of the most gratifying and warm-hearted moments of my life were when I was allowed the opportunity to volunteer at multiple Special Olympics events around the valley. Very well put together and honestly just such a great time for the family and the athletes involved.

Fun Place to Work

Wonderful people and a great learning experience. It was great to work with all of the families, teachers and athletes. It was definately more than just a job.

Common questions about Special Olympics

Answered by current and former employees at Special Olympics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Special Olympics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Special Olympics reviews by popular job title

• Special Olympics