Special Touch Home Care Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2019
This company lack professionalism!!!... The coordinators are very disrespectful. I left this company because they had no hours. I use to go two weeks without working so I end up getting my security license. I even ended up being a shift Supervisor for 3 years. I only returned to hha because I didn’t want my certificate to expire. However, it’s not worth the hassle when I’m making 18 per hour, so many other agencies, and I’m in college. Half of these coordinators are miserable in that office. As of today I’m going to another agency.
Pros
Great for a side job but no where near a career path
Cons
No hours, no advancement, lack of professionalism
no fun at all
Home care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 25, 2019
Very stressful work environment despite being a corporation still runs like a family business, nepotism is the common rule in this place with unqualified related to the owner individuals running the place and healthcare coordinators doing all the work , no checks and balances whatsoever some do as they're pleased and some slave themselves into 8 long hours. The only positive aspect of this "business" is that you are able to meet a lot of good and in need people that sometimes end up paying the price of a fractured agency that is all about the benefits they receive as a family and could careless about their clients and employees. Opportunity for growth does not exist unless you are related to this people or they favor you in any way. Supervisors are individuals that have work there for 10 years or more and they get paid only to sit around and abuse their power at any given time.
Pros
good clientele
Cons
horrible managament
Im a great person
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 25, 2019
Working with special touch has been great for me the last few years really thought me a lot as far as family caring for people in they time of need makes me feel great knowing I helped someone for the day
Pros
Bring lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Coordinator
Home Health Aide Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2019
i would walk in and immediately look at the list of cases that needed to be filled in. i would check voice mails and complete any filing that as needed. i would call the hospital for cases.
Pros
flexible
Cons
had to work weekends
It was nice to meet different people while working
HHA/PCA (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 15, 2019
going on walks
exercise with patient
learn about different diets
know what makes the patient smile
helping the patient
walking up and downstairs with the shopping cart was really difficult
Pros
rest
Cons
Short breaks
Team work and good environment to work.
Managed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  2091 Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn,NYJanuary 5, 2019
Pros - good environment work place, team work and allows you to take necessary time off. Also, allows you to learn and keep your min busy.
Cons - Management finds any reason to fire or complain about your work ethic even when you are doing good with your case loads. Supervisors make you believe they are on your side but once you turn your back they stab you and throw you under the bus to save themselves.
Good money but weird hours
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 6, 2018
This is a home health agencie and is great to learn one on one patient care. less stressful then working in convalescent homes but there are no benefits.
Pros
Self employe status so no paycheck taxes till tax season
Lovely clients; agency needs improvement
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 28, 2018
I’ve been a home health aide for quite some time so I’m used to the ins and outs of the field. It can be stressful work, but it’s also extremely rewarding. It’s my clients that keep me motivated and employed.
Pros
Meeting new people/patients
Cons
Poor communication when it comes to coordinators.
Changeling Job
Home Aid for a family member (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 22, 2018
I work as a home aid for a family member. The typical workday consists of accomplishing daily tasks for client such food shopping, cleaning house and doing laundry.
Muy buena agencis
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 20, 2018
The experence with agency is beutifull Star with clases coordinador, Supervisor teacher no problem at all i recomendé to come and try for you self. Patient the agency have very good care .
N/a
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 6, 2018
Working at this job i had many opportunities to work with different patients and met there needs. i also learned a lot about how to properly take care of each patient .
Fun and enjoyable
Filing and data entry (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2018
Everyone is friendly out in the field,employers have good communications with each other also good connection. As far as I am aware everyone works with passion out there.
Regular 9-5
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 24, 2018
Ok place to work if you need money. Not really a place you can advance.Not for people who is no adept to physical labor. Nice to meet new people and fun to interact with clients
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 3, 2018
ccleaning .cooking .assist in transporting and bathing

do not hardly see management

taking care of husband and wife at same time with no help when both have to be put in chairs and cleaned up
Helping Those In Need - Growth Potential
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2018
I have worked here for more than 3 years and have enjoyed it. During my time at special touch I have had an opportunity to work with some great people and help the elderly and frail on a daily basis. You can move upward if you stand out as being better at your job than others, if you don’t, you probably won’t move up but you’ll have a steady and stable rewarding job.

I had one grandparent that received aide services (she has since passed), and one that is currently with their cdpap program. I’ve only heard good things on the service side of things.

Lastly, ive recommended friend’s apply for hha jobs as well as office jobs in their multiple offices and I would recommend others do the same, particularly to motivated people that want to build a career with a company that rewards hard work.
Pros
Growth potential and fully company paid medical.
Cons
You become close to patients, which makes it difficult if their condition worsens...this can take an emotional toll on you.
Mejor de las agencia en su tiempo
HHA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 6, 2018
Buenos jefe y supervisore un muy buen equipo de trabajo muchas consideraciones hacia los empleado
Pros
Mejor salario
Cons
El pago no muy bueno
Kept you on your toes
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 14, 2018
You had to make sure every patient is taking care of . Make sure the patient is going to the correct doctor . Learned about new patients make sure i have here documents .
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Breaks
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 1, 2018
special touch was very rewarding and learning different jobs far as transporting residents giving medications preparing dietary meals and interactions
great and friendly enivorment
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 7, 2018
a typical day at work is consist of helping my client with shower hair and skin care. meal prep and reminding my clients to take their meds ihave mutliple clients . some i accompany to dr appointments others i go shopping with help and wash clothing and clean living area
Pros
good flexiablity
Cons
short breaks
Los cursos que nos daban para el cuidado del paciente
Home Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 29, 2018
Son de mucha importancia,ya que uno se prepara para el cuidado de ellos.

La parte mas dificil era ir de compra apie de 10 a 12 calles aproximadamente.

El entendimiento mutuo que esistia entre el paciente y yo.

Lavar, planchar,cocinar.
Pros
Me mantenian al dia con los entrenamientos y pago
Cons
Varias veces no podia comunicarme com mi coordinadora

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Special Touch Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.