Specialized Assessment and Consulting

Working at Specialized Assessment and Consulting: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Specialized does what is necessary to create a conducive working/learning environments for staff.

Working at Specialized has been great, they are always available for their employees. They understand the value of independence within the workplace but balance that with frequent reminders that they are present (if/when needed).

Flexibility, professionalism, supportive

I have been hired to work PRN for assessments in the school setting. I have not actually been assigned any jobs at this time. I have recently retired and I want to keep my assessment skills current. I welcome the ability to work part-time as I transition into retirement. I have been impressed with the degree of professionalism that I have encountered during the hiring process. The benefits make working for Specialized very attractive. As a retired diagnostician, the liability insurance can be costly. Specialized offers liability insurance. I love the opportunity to continue to learn and hone my skills as a practitioner. Specialized will pay for my professional development. And to top it all off, I received a welcome package in the mail with my name badge, pens and my very own drinking cup.

Pros

professionalism, supportive, welcoming

Cons

Intense hiring process

Specialized Assessment and Consulting insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose

Better work life balance!

I'm SO happy I decided to come and join the team! I was so overwhelmed and stressed in my last district and I finally feel like I have a better work-life balance. Emails are always answered and everyone at the company is happy and willing to help. I felt they listened to what I was looking for and I found a good placement where I'm happy. I definitely enjoy the flexibility as well.

I came to Specialized after working in a stressful, big district and it has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. The flexibility allows me to have such a better work-life balance and the admin staff is always supportive and professional. Highly recommend working here!

September 12, 2022
Wow! We are so happy to hear this. Welcome to the team and thank you for this wonderful review. ⭐️

Great support and work-life balance

I’ve been with Specialized for 3 years now and I’m so impressed with the company’s aim to continuously improve for providers. It heavily focuses on providing a work-life balance, whether you want full-time or part-time work. Plus with the administrative team’s background in special education, there is always support available.

Supportive Staff and Flexible Work Schedules

Working at Specialized has provided me with the work/life balance I was looking for. The hiring process was straight forward. The administrative team are supportive and I am provided with the resources I need to complete the tasks associated with my job. I enjoy the flexibility that is offered by my job as well as the variety of work assignments that are available. Overall, I am happy to work for a company that respects me as a person and as a professional.

Productive and inviting workplace atmosphere

I have worked at Specialized now for almost two years. The company is owned by an LSSP, and all of our Admin staff have backgrounds in Education. The team is very knowledgable in their field, and are always supportive. Specialized is always 100% committed to meeting the needs of our clients and employees. Specialized is a great place to work for and can be a life changing opportunity for people who would like to achieve a great career.

Pros

Medical and dental benefits, generous PTO, office outings, wellness allowance

Working hard for their team!

I enjoy working at Specialized. There are many benefits including flexible scheduling and a very helpful administrative team.The most enjoyable part of the company is knowing that I am supported. The company has grown over the past 10 years but more and more benefits have come for their employees. I enjoy working with the Specialized team greatly.

Pros

CEU reimbursements, referral bonuses, great health insurance, support

Cons

not much summer work but that is typical of school positions

Changes in company climate

The company isn't the same as it once was. Providers do not receive raises and no real benefits to part-time workers. Office staff are well taken care of but not the people in the field who bring in the revenue. Office staff receive bonuses and there are none for the clinicians. Focus is on keeping customers happy, not taking care of providers.

Cons

No raises or PTO, few reimbursements

August 12, 2021
We are sorry to hear you feel this way and left us this review. Every year we send out surveys and take our team's feedback seriously so that we can continuously improve. We strive to provide flexible work options and be a company that supports our team. Our account managers and admin work long hours year-round to assure both our providers and clients are supported. Yes, our full-time administrative staff receive appropriate compensation for working longer hours year-round and off the clock to support our clients and team. Did you know that we don't offer PTO so we can provide a higher hourly rate to employees in lieu of PTO? We thought this would be better for our team but can consider your feedback for the future.Did you see our latest benefits update that went out this week? We provide free professional liability insurance, CEU and Professional Organization reimbursement and referral bonuses for ALL employees. Our full-time employees receive other benefits like health insurance 80% employer-paid, Dental Insurance, free Life and AD&D, and a 401K plan as well.We are also working hard to provide more support for our team. We have a full-time Support & Compliance Coordinator on staff to support our team as well as your account managers. We are in the process of developing training programs as well.And YES, you are correct. Our goal is to make our clients happy and support them as well so the children they serve get excellent services to improve their lives.Please feel free to contact me directly so I can understand your situation better.consult@specializedtx.com

Staff is supportive

I like this job and wish I could do it full time with benefits but that capacity isn't typical for PTs just because the demand in schools is the lowest of all the disciplines. Staff are always friendly and available to assist. Great work environment it seems..

Cons

Limited training, guidance

August 12, 2021
Thank you for your review! We are always working hard to find more work for PTs in schools, but as you noted the amount of work is lower in schools. Typically, we support schools that have just a few cases in PT. We are currently working on building our ReSpecialization training program and hope to include more training and support for all our therapists in the future. Thank you for your review.

Open communication, productive and creative environment. Customer service is outstanding.

Specialized allows forward thinking and encourages open communication with other team members and schools. The latest in technology is available and staff support is included. The work environment is high energy, productive, and positive.

Pros

Staff with strong problem solving skills. Technology support and latest in training

Cons

None Great place to work!

August 12, 2021
Thank you for your positive review! We try our best to be supportive and strive to be a great place to work!

I am able to work from home. They are available for me whenever I have questions.

I really enjoy working for Specialized! Flexible, helpful, easy access when I need answers. This was the first company I applied to, and I have been very satisfied!

Pros

Flexible hours, accessibility to management

Very professional and helpful for a long distance job.

They are very professional and helpful for a long distance job. The online system that is used is easy to use. They are still building their Austin presence.

September 12, 2022
Thank you for your great review! We have built our proprietary online system and developed it just for our client and provider needs. Glad to hear it works for you!

Manageable Caseload!

Specialized allowed me to continue the work I love as an LSSP, but have a manageable caseload. I have a very flexible schedule which allows me more time with my family.

Pros

Work-life balance

August 12, 2021
Thank you for your positive review. We love that our team can continue in their career, have a flexible schedule, and spend time with their family!!

The most enjoyable part of Specialized is the recruiters and support from your account managers. They are incredibly supportive! There are lots of options for work if you are flexible!!

August 12, 2021
YEAH! Thank you for your positive review. We are so happy that you find our team supportive. A lot goes into the behind the scenes and it's feedback like yours that motivates us everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Specialized Assessment and Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits