Specialized Loan Servicing LLC

Specialized Loan Servicing LLC Employee Reviews

My supervisor is always available for help, I feel comfortable with everyone and help assisting in what I can. I enjoy working with this company and have seen it grow within the 5 years I been here.
At first it was perfect and everyone started working from home. No big problems. Then work from home really started for everyone and a lot of people left because of the massive amount of mandatory overtime that was spent just waiting with nothing to do. Then give a max for 10 hours a day and 6 sometimes on Saturday but after 7 months straight you're so drained you can't function after your shift. You hardly see family because of the exhaustion and they claim it's holiday time or tax season but if it's the middle of summer with mandatory overtime every single day. I find it hard to believe they work their agents like dogs and its extremely difficult to get PTO approved or use sick time without getting in trouble.
Pros
Work from home temporarily
Cons
No work life balance strick management
The company/management often pushes the harmful narrative that "if you excel at your job and go above and beyond, you deserve a 3/5 for your review". This hurts motivation, productivity and encourages people to leave. Some managers do support their analysts and push for raises and promotions. Others suppress efforts to increase your performance review ratings and advance your career. After years of asking or guidance and pushing for goals and metrics, I have received nothing. There have been no real raises for years at this company, at least in my department. The coworkers themselves are pretty great.The option to work remotely is critical right now, however there is occasional pushback to move everyone back in to the office later on. Even going so far as to re-evaluate people who were already approved to work remotely.The leadership for this company is very stereotypical "company line" and does not have the best interests of the employees in mind at all. Some managers push back, in order to rate their employees 4/5, but many do not.This company is fine to start out with when you need some experience and okay pay. I would not recommend staying with this company unless you have a great manager, or you are a manager.
Pros
Often work remotely
Cons
Leadership, mediocre pay
Highly recommend working for this company, creditable for valuing their employees, team work environment, flexible work schedules, enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Flexible time schedule, lots of different types of Motivational bonuses
This company deals with many dissatisfied customers because the systems dont work efficiently, not enough training and not enough pay for the stress there is on a daily basis.
Pros
Benefits and paid time off is great
Cons
Stress level, pay, systems issues, many complaints
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
First the facts, the technology isn't integrated it takes 10 minutes just to log in every day, the dialer barely works and often just doesn't work. Almost no workplace schedule flexibility, no opportunity for growth. New job opportunities are not posted they are given/bestowed without qualification. Quality Assurance is used to limit collector's pay out yet the company is enriched on the backs of agent's.
Excellent place to work! I would recommend working here excluding compensation. The company is rather large and they do not pay very well. You will have excellent job security.
Work was always different and there were plenty of new learning opportunities. Benefits were good, health insurance, 401(k), PTO, etc. The staff was great and really made it feel like a family.
The people you work with are great. Supervisors and managers can be hard to work with but I can't say who works here anymore since I left 4yrs ago. They also hire within and that is a good thing because each department is easy to learn quick.
Easy job with plenty of great schedule options. but its a company with lots of holes in the system that come to you because you are the one on the phone and first point of contact. If management can be more professional and company IT department can get it together and more room for career advance it would be a good place to work.
Pros
free lunches, almost everyday is a casual day
Cons
short breaks, small cubicles, short training.
Fast paced mortgage servicing company growing current mortgage portfolio on a monthly basis with great benefits . Specialized loan servicing is a global organization.
during my time at SLS, I enjoyed my daily work functions required of me and some of the other employees. I do feel that they hired people based on who you knew instead of what you knew. My former supervisor and manager seemed to ask other department managers for assistance which made no sense to me. It’s run like a big high school. One major issue is the lack of diversity within the company. Very uncomfortable when you can count on both hands all the non white people within the company. And we all felt like outsiders due to the lack of diversity. Every conversation I’ve endured with former coworkers felt like it was very forced instead of naturally happening.
Pros
Frequently provides food
Cons
No morals, knowledge of the job and no diversity within this company
SLS was a great place to work until they hired new management and changed the atmosphere of the company. I liked the work and learned a lot. I just wish the unique atmosphere was still there
Pros
liked work training and advancement is there
Cons
management made it miserale to work there
The employess were pleasant to work with, however the management staff were a bit unprofessional. There was a sense of division within the comapny due to the management.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Employee moral due to the management
Management needs an overhaul at this company. On a typical day, I would arrive at 8:30 and work until 5:30 with a 30 minute lunch and two 10 minute breaks. In that time I would go through my scheduled tasks and complete any new assignments. Lack of proper management was the downfall of my department. There was a very high turnover People walking off or transferring out of the department. Stress level was very high. We were overwhelmed and unable to keep up with our own work and Management took on tasks from other departments which increased our workload and no overtime was offered. I went on a medical leave and did not return.
Pros
Nice on site cafeteria and gymnasium
Cons
Was trained for position, was always taking new classes. Call center environment. The hardest part of job was to not be able to help more people out in allotted time.
Pros
free lunches, fitness center
Cons
no cons.
- Days are very productive with getting projects completed. - I've gained a lot of mortgage and professional experience. - Management is hardly ever on your side. - Workplace culture is tense.
Pros
People you work with.
Cons
In this department I was really able to grow. Management gave just the right amount of space to grow! I can see the company growing quickly! I learned to be a better leader and how to be more resourceful.
Pros
free lunches and respect
Cons
Busy
Many of the positions are still very manual and there are issues with systems which don't talk to each other very well. Much of the management is very seasoned and have a good foundation in the company.
Pros
Cons
Raises are virtually non-existant
In 2005 specialized Loan Servicing was just getting started and was a great place to work. As the company got bigger and expanded the management staff got worse and wasn't educated and there job fields
I like everything about the job besides the management. The management is very clicky and if they dont know you or dont like you, the job will be horrible.
Pros
hour lunches, monthly gifts, bonus
Cons
unorganized