Specialized Loan Servicing Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Job
Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 10, 2018
I never had a problem working at SLS and the only reason i did leave was for a better job in the direction of what i wanted to do in life. SLS is great.
Its a business entity
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJune 27, 2018
They want to do business and earn money for doing so. You will be part of the business of earning income and producing a work product. Expect it to operate with their own best interests.
Very Big Brother and No work life balance company
Escrow Associate Lead (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJune 25, 2018
This company was very big brother, micro-manager type company. They do not believe in compensating their employees for how much time they would put into the company.
Hostile environment with inconsistency on the daily message.
Customer Resolution Relationship Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 7, 2018
Very Busy day with resolving customer issues without the support of leadership. Management was not supportive and with the inconsistency of the company message made it hard to do your job on a daily basis. The relationship built amongst my peers is what helped make a better environment.
Pros
location
Cons
leadership, failure to effectively communicate, fluctuation of changes
High School for women
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJune 6, 2018
This is a toxic place to work. Straight up. They don’t care about anything internally that will benefit employees. No training, no mentorship. If you are from Littleton and went to High school here you are ok. But the culture here doesn’t take kindly to transplants or out of state people. Pay sucks, no advancement.
Pros
Paycheck is direct deposit
Cons
Toxic, bad attitudes, stand-off ish crowd, not professional.
Very dishonest company
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 22, 2018
I was paid a bonus to put a customer in foreclosure. I feel bad about it but this is how the company rewards you. This means more money in their pocket. Management is really terrible. The worst you are as an employee like being dishonest , the company will reward you. I am planning to quit. They pretend to work with customers, only customers that pay a lot of money above the price to keep their homes. The company should be investigated.
Cons
very stressful company t work for if you have morals
Job will always be open - skills are not appreciated here
experience with Access Databases and/or Excel. (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 8, 2018
Programmers are grouped as clerical workers.
This job title will always be open. People that apply are paid low to begin with. They are not treated the same as clerical. They realize there is no job advancement skills.
Most people leave for a job that pays as little as $5.00 an hour more.
Pros
Paychecks don't bounce
Cons
Technical programmers report to people without knowledge of these skills
Be sure this is the place you want to be
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 3, 2018
Another call center. Will do anything possible to make sure you do no bonus. People in places of "power" are often incompetent or like all others in places of power wish to remain their without placing themselves in harms way.
great, fun work place
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 20, 2018
Worked within a loss mitigation call center; took inbound/outbound calls for accounts that have been referred to loss mitigation. Called on predominately delinquent accounts to identify borrower’s intent and ability to pay. Collected the necessary verbal information and written documentation from borrowers and provided the information to management in support of an informed loss mitigation decision.
Pros
bonus low
Cons
fun place to work
Terrible Management
Records Associate (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 5, 2018
My manager did not know how to to their job. It takes forever to get anything done when it comes to management. Since Computershare took over you cannot get anything done. You have to almost beg to get software installed to help you get your job done. Management is toxic.
Contractor
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 6, 2018
Unfortunately I was a contractor and left for full-time employment with an awful company. Although I was offered full-time employment I had already committed to the other organization, wish I would have remained at SLS.
Pretty decent place to work
IT Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 24, 2018
The pay isn't that great. They recruit the low end of the totem pole. My supervisor was excellent. You can telecommute a couple of days each week. Top management is very tight fisted.
Boring, lack of career advancement Specialized Loan Servicing
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 18, 2018
lots of data entry, computer basic tasks, organizing documents, nice cubicles, good lunch provider, outbound/inbound communication, typical office environment
Call Center Environment
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 17, 2018
Easy going job. Learning how to deal with different clients. Management kept us up to date with new changes to policies. Call center is large so could get nosy at times, hardest part about job would be dealing with angry customers. Most enjoyable part would be that it stayed busy so days went by fast.
Pros
Work deil on site
Cons
Short lunches
Learn a lot about mortgage, but thats all.
Loan Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85282December 12, 2017
Management has a "kick the can down the street mentality". Employees who try to change the culture or offer ideas that can assist in better customer care processes are ignored. The real customers are the investors, the mortgagees are lied to; website doesn't work for payment processing like it should. There are 15 calls per month you will be QA's on, must get 80% to get bonus, but they never tell you what exactly you are being judged on. so you get dinged for not knowing what you were never taught.
Pros
on-site gym, co-workers are nice
Cons
management, Qa, and hiring from outside for upper positions
Fast paced growing company
Treasury Analyst, Treasury Department (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 17, 2017
The company is growing at a very quick rate. The staffing has not increased with the additional workload which causes stress. There is not a good work/life balance working for this company. They seem to be only bottom line driven.
It was an ok place to work for.
Default Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CONovember 14, 2017
The benefits and pay were good, and the life work balance was ok. Just stressful at times because the majority of management did not know how to manage or the job we did.
Good Place to Work
Default Resolution Auditor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 7, 2017
I loved working here till I got a supervisor that had no business being a supervisor. Talk abut a power trip. Positive feedback to improve their leadership was taken as hostile advise, to the point I was pulled into a meeting room and threatened to lose my job. Needless to say I put my 2 weeks notice shortly after.
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 3, 2017
Management was far the worst. It was the reason why i left the job. I liked my job, and I liked my coworkers for the most part, however, management wasn't organized and all over the place. I don't mind change and updates, however we would get reprimanded for doing our job "wrong" when in reality, they were not on the same page, so they couldn't give us a straight answer.
Pros
Fair compensation
Well Balanced work envionment
Resolution Specialist /Loss Mitigation Foreclosure (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 22, 2017
managers had a open door policy hours and location were fine the systems could be problematic at times along with the customers and system of QA could use some adjusting
Pros
location
Cons
system