Specialized Employee Reviews

Electronics Engineer
Electronics Engineer SR (Current Employee) –  KuwaitMarch 12, 2018
programing and troubleshooting , Different systems faults, treat everyone fairly, fair, getting the systems in order, Having all systems pass with no errors.
Lyon & Conklin Ferguson
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 27, 2017
Fro this company, I was able to learn the value of teamwork which allowed the work day to go by faster and also make things more efficient. The job was diverse so the culture was interesting for the most part. Management cared for their workers and their well being due to the fact most of the job was hard labor.
Specialized Services
Technician (Former Employee) –  MultipleJune 27, 2016
The typical work that was required by the company was mediocre in the way that the labor part of the work was easy but the organization of the office that the technicians got the information from was not correct in some way. The customer service skills that were required for the job was not described when the technicians were out of town. Most of the work that had to be done was out of state for weeks at a time and the condition of the supplies given to the technicians such as the company van, tools, hardware, etc. were not in useable conditions most of the time. Overall being employed by this company was average.
Pros
Good pay, Employee treatment
Cons
Travel, disorganization, job security
Family Owned
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2016
This is a commercial construction and maintenance company. This is a great family owned business. They are a good group of people. Hard work but rewarded for your work
Pros
small, family business
Cons
no room for advancement
Great agency to work for if you are under the right management
Therapist (Former Employee) –  RoanokeAugust 27, 2015
Good company to work for as far as safety, fair standards and good chances to move up. Each program has its own politics and some of the managers protect their employees and some dont.
Pros
Job safety, PTO is awesome
Cons
Each program has its own ;politics
Great team
Alternate COMSEC Custodian (Current Employee) –  Fort MeadeNovember 9, 2013
I had a blast in the Navy and a blast working with everyone I worked with.
Great place to work!
Financial Billing Processor (Former Employee) –  GrapevineOctober 16, 2012
They seem to genuinly care about their employees. However, alot of micro-managing.
Pros
employee perks
Cons
unreasonable demands
enjoyed the work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 26, 2012
We had a lot of information to input into the computer by a certain time. Busy all day.
Pros
people, management were very nice
What happened to Specialized Systems in California
Shipping, Receiving, Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 11, 2012
I have to give them low ratings. I spent a month short of six years working for them, busting to get the products out the door. As I had the most seniority, SSI was bought out by Raytronics, the maker of the early Jack-In-The-Box speakers.

I still can't believe that one day, the COO of the company told me that I was laid off. Rather than try and find a position in the Raytronics company, he simply had one of his own workers do my work instead.

I was technically unemployed for 2 1/2 months, although I worked at IVAC for a month as a temp. Then DATAcap came along, and it was nice for me after that.