Speck Products Employee Reviews

let go and was unwarranted. wrong and unprofessional
Sr Supply Chain Planner/Sys Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 30, 2018
Loved the job there up until they cut me loose. I saved them 12.90 per unit, set up new system that the entire company benefitted from (huge project), I taught them material management and they cut me loose without providing bonus, promises and all because I wasn't stuck-up, pretentious, didn't wear diesel jeans (lame) and wasn't all fake and phony like them.
Pros
Cons
horrible environment with zero professional etiquette
Sr. Director of Channel Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 6, 2018
Speck is a great place to work with many creative and passionate people. The business is challenging and is ever changing. The pace is fast as the company is constantly developing new products for new devices that are hitting the market.
Pros
Snacks, Pto, Benefits
Cons
Pays really well, for 11 months of the year had a great opinion...
SR Supply Chain Planner/System Implementation Mgr (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 20, 2018
the 12th month there was a shocker! They were very knee jerk and didn't take into account the value add that I provided. Brought in someone younger because they could pay him less. I saved them a ton of money in Cost of Goods, Logistics, Efficient Material Planning, System Implementation and Corporate Alignment all to be laid off without a warning when they are rolling in money. Their cost of goods excluding logistics from Overseas was 14.90. I reduced it to 2.90 and set up a distribution center with resources including knowledgable staff, a new WMS and Inventory control system, MRP system, Alignment with customer service, finance, purchasing, planning, sales and product development. All to be cut loose at a moments notice. Cost me my family. I guess after the infrastructure was set up in a professional and productive way they could let me go and continue to wear their lame $400 pair of Diesel jeans and drink coffee all day long and look at themselves in the mirror. What a joke that was.
Pros
Product only
Cons
Pretensious people, lack of integrity
workplace
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 29, 2017
My experience working at Speck was very positive. The management stuff were very professional. The workplace environment were not stressful and a fun office to be at.
Pros
Friday bagel and donut day
Great Place to work
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the creative designs of smartphone, tablet, and macbook cases come to life and go to market. Working with talented people was the best part.

I worked for 2 great managers and learned a lot. I can definitely say that they are both experts in their field.
Pros
Great People, Culture. They take care of you. Free Snacks, drinks.
Fun Innovative Company "not so corporate"
Office Administrator / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 29, 2014
Answer phones, manage conference room calendars, administrative support to the HR team, assist facilities, sales and marketing depts. with day to day operational tasks.

I've learned to wear many hats in this company.

management and co-workers are Great!!

hardest part would be job security.

I enjoy the people and the culture here.
Pros
free snacks and beverages
Cons
Job security
Great talent, creative product, but moving in the wrong direction
Operations (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Company is not keeping up with the rest of the mobile accessories industry. Great talent at the individual contributor and mid-level ranks, but senior and executive management is holding this company back. Great work-life balance if you work in the right department. Fun co-workers, good pay and reasonable perks.
Great place to learn and start a career
Product Development / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 18, 2012
You will wear multiple hats and learn how to make product very fast and work with a very talented team.

Great location with many places to eat!
Pros
everyone has a passion and a positive attitude
Cons
lots of travel and late nights working with china