Spectranetics Employee Reviews

Overall product development and manufacturing
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 4, 2018
The pride of being able to produce product that saves peoples lives was the most rewarding. The judgement of personnel through the judgement of others was the basis for merit, rather than the abilities and accomplishments.
Pros
Product Development
Cons
Manufacturing management
Good place to work with ample advancement opportunities. Great CEO.
Director of R&D (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 18, 2018
Culture allowed you to advance in any area you were interested in pursuing for your career. The benefits were very generous and the business was growing and prospering which provided good bonuses every year I was employed there. The CEO truly valued the team mates and initiated an Attract, Retain, Develop program that was taught a to everyone down to the supervisor level and was part of their requirement to receive a bonus.
all reviews are my opinion i do not give permission
Clinical Specialist/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 19, 2018
this site continues to solicit a review that i have atttemptecd to skip . why cant a person skip the review, why cant i refuse to review previous employment.
Productive and fun work place
R&D Assembler (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA 94555December 21, 2017
Friendly and safe environment, helpful coworkers and supervisor, fast-paced environment, fair and comfortable management, positive values, respect, and understanding.
Pros
Relaxed and productive atmosphere
Cons
No benefits
Even as a contract Quality Engineer, this was a great place to work. Management was great and helpful. My co-workers were friendly and assisted me w
Contract Quality Engineer (QE) for six months (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 30, 2017
Pros
Numerous team-building exercises and frequent "parties" to celebrate their achievements.
Cons
Changes occurred when Phillips bought the company, no other cons..
Able to make a contribution
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 5, 2017
Individuals are able to contribute making improvements. Procedures and work instructions, statistical analysis and trending, documentation inputs and standardized / easily retrievable outputs all offer opportunity for improvement.
Innovative and dedicated team, overburdened by unreasonable expectations from senior leadership.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 23, 2017
SPNC produces amazing products that help improve and save patients’ lives, however, a lack of head count to many crucial areas makes for a hectic and confusing work environment. Senior leaderships lean manufacturing practices often cripple day-to-day operations due to employees being overburdened with too many responsibilities, while dealing with complex problems. Company often takes business risks that go against supposed quality culture, and leadership lacks patience to solve problems the right way. The company was recently bought out by Phillips, and I am hopeful capital will be used to improve the quality system and move to newer more efficient technology to improve traceability, and cut down on non-value-added labor. Overall SPNC is a good company to work for, the benefits are excellent and Phillips (soon to be implemented) benefits package is just as good if not better. Management does an excellent job of recognizing employees for performance, and employees are generally treated with respect. With a little extra help for sustaining departments, SPNC could improve greatly.
Pros
Great benefits, deidicated operations, quality, and engineering teams
Cons
Hectic work environment, increase in head count a major need.
Technical challenges, poor support
Sr. R&D Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 17, 2017
I was able to expand my technical and managerial knowledge in this position and worked to launch inventive products, However, management is based on underground politics and advancement was minimal. I had 5 supervisors in as many years.
good place to work
medical catheter technician (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 4, 2017
really good job/life balance .. innovative company thats is producing the worlds first major drug coated balloon coated catheter. Work culture is okay.
Co workers and group was great
Buyer IV (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 25, 2017
Overall good place to work
People in group helpful
On site education seminars
Work /play balance highly desired
More meeting rooms
New cafeteria opened up
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
more upper management support
Management is a mess
QA Technician (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 9, 2017
Rules and SoP's were constantly changing and were not thought out thoroughly as on many occasions in my short time there, we would come across daily events that were not governed by any SoP, or were improperly handled by the SoP. Management struggled to properly rectify these issues. Work was also managed inproperly such that some weeks there would be an excess of work than could be performed in the given time, while other weeks work would drop off so sharply that people would be let go, and new people hired a few weeks later when work cropped up again.
Pros
Great lunch room/cafeteria
Cons
Sometimes required weekends. Management was a mess. Poor job security.
Productive and helpful environment to work in
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 10, 2017
Gained experience in quality control
Management team held weekly meetings to educate us on what the company is all about
Very friendly and welcoming work atmosphere
Good job
Quality Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 30, 2016
I worked as an intern. The job was good with good pay. I liked the people I worked with and the projects I worked on. The clean room was cool.
Pros
Good money, Free coffee
Cons
Small cubicle in dark space
HR Manager
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 29, 2016
I managed the HR functions for about 180 employees across 40 states. I was the only HR for the company and handled everything from recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, coaching and training to terminations. I was retained by Spectranetics as a key member to assist after the acquisition of AngioScore.
Excellent company to work for with all the benifits.
Inspector Level III (Senior Level) (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 14, 2016
Great company to worked for but feel my full potential is not recognized / used due to necessity to keep me in the current position as required in order to maintain knowledgeable inspection support.
Pros
To many to list
Cons
Inability to grow with company due to circumstances beyond my control.
Top rated employer in Colorado
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 10, 2015
Employer that strives to attract. retain and develop the best talent on the planet. The people of the company truly make it what it is, and great place to work. I enjoy what I do, and the people that I do it for.
Pros
Excelent benefit packages
Cons
Management needs to focus on building up their teamamtes.
Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 29, 2015
Management is terrible. They would let anyone get away with murder if they liked you.The workers have no respect for their managers and senior leaders. The hardest part of my job is the people, they are always up in your case about everything.
Pros
excellent benefits and annual bonuses and raises
Cons
The people there are terrible at their job snd dont listen to their managers.
avoid getting stuck here
medical device assembler (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 3, 2015
managemaent is terrible and the job culture is very one sided mostly being made up of filipino co workers who do not understand the simple concept of keeping the on the job communication in english.
Pros
not too bad of pay
Cons
very segregated and can be discrimanatory
Grand dissapointment
Sr. Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsOctober 23, 2015
My time at Spectranetics was very informative and I learned a lot about the industry.Their products are amazing and have definitely changed the face of vascular medicine. Their salaries are competitive and much better than anywhere else in CO Springs and even Denver.
Unfortunately it has a poor work/life balance and you are viewed poorly if you only work 40hrs per week. They reward those that bend and comply with the company culture rather than those who might have a difference of opinion. Upper management has their own agenda and is totally disconnected with their "worker bees"...elitist to the max. The head of my department was a joke and had no business being in that role.
If you don't mind working 50 - 60hr weeks, keeping your head down and mouth shut, this is the place for you!
Pros
Great place for learning the basics of the industry.
Cons
They reward brown-nosers, not hard work and competence.
Excellent company for full-time employees
Contract Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 4, 2015
Amazing company culture! Supportive management. True Teamwork environment! Best Talent Acquisition team on the planet!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectranetics. Our community is ready to answer.

Spectranetics Reviews by Location