Play YouTube video button

United States29 reviews
Featured review
Spectro Alloys Corp selected this as a representative review
Spectro Alloys Recycling aluminum
I really enjoy working at Spectro, I have been an employee here for 20yrs and plan on many more. The company is great to work for from the owner on down.
Thank you for the opportunity.
Not a very safe place
This place gives you a lot of gray areas its a hard place to work for supervisors pushed employees around favoritism to other employees that been there the longest
Poor management
Management does not care. The 4 and 5 star ratings we're begged for to raise the spectro rating on indeed from what I understand and most of those ratings came from front office people. They lie to your face. They play favorites. Pay is ok but not for the toxic -on many levels- work environment. Hard pass.
Physical Labor
If your looking for a job that is 12 hour shifts with rotating schedules this is the place for you. Overtime is mandatory rotating every other shift with there being four shifts available
If you dont have a family life or a college degree could be good
Hard work is not an issue for me personally but what is an issue is the lack of training and the attitude the more senior employees have towards you for not knowing as much as they do. Some very rude co-workers on my shift. The pay is reasonable for the work and having every other Friday-Sunday off is nice too. Weekly forced overtime if your family situation allows for it its great but if it doesnt its horrendous. We are supposedly fully staffed but the forced OT says otherwise. This.is a production job so everything is a go, go, go mentality while they preach safety but the team leads get upset when you try to take your time if you're uncomfortable with anything or try to be careful.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Poor
They are a rotating door. They dont care about you. Be careful of chlorine exposure. You must go thru temp service. Very fast paced and they dont care.
Great flexibility
Great family orientated business good comorodery and fun environment. Goal oriented. Give back to the employees with bonuses and compensation. Christmas parties, bad rep but actually great place to work if you put your nose to the grindstone
Good Company
Spectro is an amazing company to work for. I feel at home every time I go to work, and enjoy what I do here. It is in line with my core values with integrity, safety and servant leadership.
Great opportunity
Great hours, lots of time off for Production and Maintenance shifts, above average wages and some awesome coworkers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather and temperatures. It's not for the faint of heart.
The work environment is sometimes hot and sometimes cold. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement as long as you show up when you are scheduled and work hard each day. The benefits are pretty good and I couldn't ask for better people to work with. In my experience, management has been very accommodating with vacations and the supervisors are not afraid of jumping in to help when people on the floor need it. If you have a good attitude, you will do well here. Working here has been a very positive experience for me.
Spectro Overview
Be prepared to do hard, physical work that will test your limits. Plenty of overtime is offered. Work environment is tough during the winter and summer months because the majority of the plant is outdoors.
I am positive about what's yet to come.
My typical days at work are super busy and I generally run out of time. The hardest part of my job is spinning plates and finding enough time. The best part of my job is the great group of people I get to interact with everyday.
Spectro is a great place to work. They pay well, have good benefits, monthly appreciation dinners, and plenty of time off. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Great working for a growing company
I enjoy being a part of a growing company. This is a tough industry and at Spectro we continue to be ahead of the game in terms of recycling and industrial advancements. It is fun to work for a company that is focused on growth and staying ahead of the curve on what our industry is leaning towards.
Great Company
Great family owned company that has an open door policy all the way up to the owner if the company. There is opportunity for advancement as they promote from within.
A great place for advancement
The hardest part of the job is definitely the environment: Hot vs. cold, but is manageable with some preparedness. I work with some great people. The monthly free lunches are a great perk as well as free coffee all day! Free Gatorade in the summer and hot chocolate in the winter. The annual holiday party is a blast too with everyone getting prizes and dinner! We have a summer softball team and we love to hang out. Management is very empathetic when employees have family issues because Spectro is a family owned company and they have a family first mentality. The schedule here is hard to beat too!
Poor enviroment
The management doesnt appreciate hard workers and will fire people for the simplest reason. They are constantly firing and hiring new employees with unrealistic goals for numbers.
Pros
Lots of overtine
Cons
Poor work enviroment
Best Job I've ever had!!!
Ive never been bored, there is ALWAYS something that needs to be done and everyone is a blast to work with. In my mind its a perfect winter job, but very laid back all year round!
Pros
The best Co-workers, great atmosphere
Cons
Everyone gets hot and everyone gets cold
fast-paced environment that requires a good attitude and attendance
12 hour days. Hot/cold environment based on outside temps. Can be fast-paced and demanding. Good attendance a MUST! Lots of opportunity for advancement if one is willing to work and learn. Job security is fantastic with new positions coming soon.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits, monthly summer cookouts, holiday party with great prizes
Cons
loud, hot/cold, SOME forced overtime, not as many paid federal holidays as others like Veteran's Day
Poor communication
Getting benefits took more than a month to get. Very slow going. Mostly just sat around with nothing to do. Most employers where nice. But mostly kept to myself. Poor communication.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours and poor benefits
Quick paced and challenging environment
I was in charge of the graveyard shift from 1900-0700. Maintaining the entire plant operational function to include, 2 molten metal furnaces, numerous conveyors, loaders, forklifts, alloy metal dryers and extrusion bucket elevators. Great experience for me.
Pros
Quick paced and a great environment to work in
Cons
no cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectro Alloys Corp. Our community is ready to answer.
Spectro Alloys Corp Reviews by Location