Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 11,271 reviews matching the search See all 11,334 reviews
See resume'
INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 15, 2019
Enjoyed my time with the company while under Time Warner Cable, but with the recent change to Spectrum felt undervalued as an employee. Picked up many skills and good experiences along the way.
Great sales training Job requires 80 hours a week
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJanuary 15, 2019
Great job to learn, train and finess sales skills!
The Spectrum Way sales training is great sales training. The anequated systems training was lacking.
Pros
Benefits, Sales Training, Salary and Commision
Cons
Training on anequated systems
Best company to work for!
Video Repair Technician I/ Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2019
I worked for Spectrum for a little over a year, it was a great job advancement for me, despite being a call center. My experience had been primarily customer service, and data entry; so I wanted to expand my experience to gain an advantage. Within just a few months, I was promoted to a Subject Matter Expert, and I assisted frequently with new hires and team building exercises. I was considered an expert in Video Repair even though I was only a tier I. Management was wonderful and understanding. They pushed and supported me into more Supervisor type roles, and trained me to become a Supervisor. I only left the career due to family medical issues that required my attention in another state.
Pros
Time off the phones with a good scorecard.
Cons
Voice of the Customer forgiveness was non existent.
Spectrum
Customer Service Representative- Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Inbound and outbound customer service. Assisted customers with troubleshooting services. Contact and scheduled on-site technical support as needed. Monitor and meet all service level agreements
Discuss billing with customers/accept payments
Some administrative duties as needed.
Spectrum is a great company to work for.
PAC Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Spectrum has great benefits, and overall, is a great company to work for. I am saddened to be put in a position where I must leave the company. Unfortunately the company does not wish to utilize our department at our location any longer.
Great company
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Spectrum is a great company to work for, from salary, to culter to advancement. I would suggest anyone apply and work for spectrum. You will not regret jt.
A decent place to work with little conflict
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2019
Mostly friendly environment. Can be as challenging as you make it. Can be boring when receiving repeated calls for same issues, such as area outages and rate increases.
Cable Guy
Headend Technician (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 14, 2019
As with any cable company Brighthouse had some good things to offer. If you like technology and have any interest in communications than cable is a great place to go.
Loved the people but unrealistic expectations
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJanuary 14, 2019
On a typical day of work you started your first job at 8 am. The expectation was to do 8 jobs in 8 hours but with this expectation there is no way to take care of the customer properly. Here I learned how to work on my own, how to get my own process, how to troubleshoot using the tools they provided. I learned the ins and outs of the coax cable system. Management at Spectrum was really good, they had more of an understanding when it came to life outside of work. They took more time to come out and help you succeed rather than just sit in an office and bark orders. The workplace culture was a lot more of a family. We all worked together. Hardest part of the job here again was dealing with all the weather elements. I really enjoyed everyone I worked with here. It made the job enjoyable along with building relationships with customers.
Pros
Great perks and benefits
Cons
Pay starts way too low
Not A Career Move But OK Temporarily
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2019
If you're in a career transition, then you may be content.

The executives are setting unrealistic targets for tech support roles to finish a call in 10 minutes and have never been on the phone.

Targets like those sacrifice quality of service.

Customer ignorance of technology, feelings of entitlement and at times rude behavior coupled with unrealistic business goals as well as additional product offerings that you have to now troubleshoot (Apple TV or Cloud DVR) makes this a place that becomes demoralizing.

You're not recognized or appreciated to the extent that it will save your job. You're always replaceable. Its a churn and burn business.

That's why everyone starts off at the same rate.

But you can make it, however, is it worth the inner peace if you have better options? Nah.

If you do decide to take the plow, never lose your sense of humor.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers, Helpful Team Leads, Health Benefits include HRA, Free Cable and Internet
Cons
Inconsistent Information, Never Can Relax, Calls Are Back-To-Back usually
Solid Job
Sales Program Development (Former Employee) –  CharlotteJanuary 14, 2019
It was a typical sales job. Management always wants more, but the people were good. The benefits were great. Due to the buy out there was a lot of uncertainty of how things would ultimately work out for everyone.
Great Company with great benefits
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2019
A typical day at work would involve me getting to work earlier then shift, to allow me time to log into all systems. First i would check my email and then start taking incoming calls. the workplace environment was call center with minimal supervision. The most enjoyable thing about working for spectrum was helping the customers solve there cable phone and internet problems. The hardest part of the job was getting customer to purchase more services during time when there services where not working due to outages.
Pros
benefits, relaxed environment
Cons
heavy call volume when agents call out of work
Positive
Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Augusta MaineJanuary 13, 2019
8-9 hour days
over see 28 dispatchers 400 tech working in over 200 communities
I truly enjoy the communications industry, the ever changing technology has kept the role very dynamic and interesting
Over the last 3 years all change has been a direct push down from above-(regional) Very hard not being involved in creating the strategy.
hard to support change that you know is resulting in the elimination of your job, however I feel I've handled it like a champ- positive energetic
Prior to the last few years the best part of my job was the collaboration with other departments BECOMING A ASSETT TO THE TECH OPS DEPARTMENT
Pros
health benifits
Cons
regionalization
fast pace
Sr. Field Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 13, 2019
Spectrum is fast paced. Being a telecommunication company, there are always things changing/updating. Spectrum has great perks with free cable/HSD/phone service and good benefits.
Pros
Great benefits and perks
Good culture, fun environment
Director of National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 13, 2019
Management in flux with senior team changes common. My tem was silo'd making it difficult to function across multiple departments. Freedom was given to run my relationships with little oversight
Fun job, very challenging
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Rawlins, WYJanuary 13, 2019
Spectrum is a very unique and interesting job. The work is challenging and the pay is decent. The benefits however, are phenomenal. I would recommend spectrum to someone looking for a job.
Pros
Free services, great benefits
Cons
Challenging work
Bad Employer.
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 13, 2019
Long thankless hours. Poor management. Very high personnel turnover. Angry customers. Bad dogs. Bad weather. Very dangerous work environment. Internal politics. Insane HR policies. Impossible work requirements. Vehicles are rambling junk.
Pros
None whatsoever.
Cons
Everything.
Great for sales bad for Progression
SALES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 13, 2019
I enjoyed my time there but there is no chance for progression management is spotty and there is a lack of culture overall a great place to work but very limited chance to progress.
Pros
Exciting opportunity
Cons
Bad culture No progression
spread out
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 12, 2019
teams are too spread out and communication does not flow to ever spoke in regards to processes and procedures. Also some departments run skeleton crew levels which make it hard to maintain work load.
to many negative changes since the merger
Business Class Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 12, 2019
I love the work, but it has become to many checks and balances. Not leaving enough time to fix cable. The added "scheduled hours" take time away from family. And the lack of appreciation from upper management has made it what it is to me now.
Pros
good beneifits
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K
43.4K
32.9K
21.1K
11K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Spectrum.

Powered by Comparably