Spectrum Employee Reviews

Call center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 22, 2018
I enjoyed working there at first and than getting on teams it really got to me in the middle because i was pregnant and than they lied and said they called me and didnt so .
Loved the company
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 22, 2018
I never had any problems, supervisors were great, the pay was amazing, and never had any problems at all. Coworkers were all about team motivation and even the cite director was very hands on.
Pros
Commission plus salary
Cons
No company car, had to drive own vehicle
Great Benefits but Too Many Internal Structure Changes
Subscriber Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 22, 2018
Since Spectrum is the company created after the merger between Charter, Bright House Networks, and Time Warner Cable; it is too soon to rate the company fairly. There are so many internal structure changes that make employment uncertain at Spectrum. Once the company has done all their internal changes employment may be better. As of now their benefits are great.
benefits
Cons
uncertainty of position
Productive Place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
Good place to work and learn the retail environment. face paced and goal driven. Tons of training and career advancement. Would recommend anyone to work here
work
Ticket Taker/ Usher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2018
Spectrum was a seasonal job for the basketball season. It was a fun place to work and meet great people. If you have the flexibility in your schedule it will be great for you.
4years and 11.5 months
Business Class/ Residential Management (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 21, 2018
Was there for 4years and 11.5 months and did move up the latter yet not due to HR. Yet I left on my own accord and received an email at the beginning of the year that the Pensions would now be determined by the physical year not the actual date. Yet when I called to get my pension payout, they stated that I had 2 weeks left and would not get it- which is how appreciative they were to a dedicated employee for 5 years.

MOSTLY- HR uses automatize scouting tool that clearly is off, as I had more than enough and more qualifications for my last position there and was denied by Spectrum the first time I applied to move into Business Class Sector. Had to reach out to a Director in Business class to even be considered for an interview and he also agreed I was more than qualified for the position and internal already. I was offered the position immediately after my first interview. No help to HR AT ALL. Also have recommended qualified candidates for positions- HR did not even afford them an interview and told the applicants that they felt the position was best suited for other candidates that had applied, yet the position was still open for interviews for another 2 months. Seems they need to actually put more thought and attention into their hiring process to gain candidates with more experience and potential to grow with the company

One of my roles was supervisor in a call center. The manager had a nephew who applied for the position that had zero skills and that I was given the task to interview. He was not qualified for the role, had a poor work history, had a felony,
  more... and did not even dress appropriately for the interview. He also never answered any interview questions with detailed examples even after being asked. But what topped the cake was that he flirted with me and made some inappropriate comments to me about my figure. I denied hiring him not knowing he was related to the manager. At that point SHE told me he was and that she would have him come back in for another interview with someone different, even after telling her about the interview in detail. He was hired on, yet qualified experienced candidates were not.

I found that there was also issues in the Business class sector where there was little to zero direction given and often employees were placed in a position to fail. I got through fine and hit my mark but that was not without extreme patience and constant harassment. Almost as if certain management wanted to set people up to feel as if their job was on the line to gain power over them so that they never moved up in the company. A true leader should guide and mold their team to be set up to be successful for the betterment of the company.

In residential, I did however like the mandatory leadership training courses and there were many opportunities to volunteer for community efforts.

Residential had extremely strict and LONG hours for Exempt employees. And Business class was less strict, yet less current in understanding the new ways of conducting business and allowing their managers to work remote. Again management would have the wrong priorities to enable buy in and ultimate teaming for more sustainable results.
Stressful, not the same since buyout
Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2018
This used to be a great company to work for, but since the Charter/Time Warner Cable merger it has gone down hill. Supervisors are more concerned with 'catching you doing something wrong' than they are with maintaining a team that works well together. Advancement is possible, but not likely due to an influx of upper management coming from other markets and structuring opportunities for their buddies rather than hiring within the department. Vacations are more stressful than they are relaxing due to the heavy workload and deadlines. If you take a week off, expect to work 75 hours the week before and 75 hours the week after in order to catch up.
Pros
Free interne/cable services, company vehicle to take home
Cons
Poor management, below average pay, stressful work environment
Productive and fun workplace environment. Upbeat management.
Customer Care Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2018
Spectrum was an amazing company to work for. Management was fun and enjoyed motivating sales reps and customer service agents. The month always consisted of contests and prizes.
Pros
Free cable, HSD and home phone
Cons
Parking
strictly commission base
Residential Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2018
if you didn't get a sale you didn't receive a pay. convincing customers to upgrade was very difficult at times. sales was always challenging every week.
Pros
bonuses was good
Cons
prices was alittle bit too high for customers
Would not recommend
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 20, 2018
This company does not care about there employees and how they affect there life and family. The pay is not worth the work you do and the abuse you take from customers on a daily. I would never choose the company for anyone.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Management and pay
Repetitive but consistent with amazing benefits
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 20, 2018
While it does become repetitive the compensation and benefits far exceed the negatives. Also, includes many programs that an employee may take advantage of.
Good short term job, Bad Long term
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 20, 2018
Working at Spectrum was definitely something different for me at first the only hours available were those late at night and chances to change shift will come but it’s not definite that you will even get what you want when the time comes. If your looking for something to make advancements in and for a long term career... look somewhere else. The management doesnt really care about your personal issues although they say they do, the only thing they actually care about are your numbers and what you are doing for them not factoring in that your still a human. Also the company as a whole is pretty unorganized they are never clear on when they are releasing something new or doing an update to something, although they literally have set dates for things nothing ever goes as planned or on time so your stuck dealing with irate customers because something went wrong with the update and now you have to explain to bunch of people why they don’t have their cable or some other issue. But to be fair the benefits are good in terms of 401k and health and dental but in my own opinion I do think the employees should be getting paid more for what they have to deal with on a daily basis.
Benefits
Cons
Pay Rate, Management, Company Organization
Terrible
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee) –  Mililani, HISeptember 20, 2018
As a telemarketer here, it was really hard. The hours you call between are unrealistic, no wonder people were angry all the time. The company had the telemarketing department in what they called the "dungeon" (basically the basement). Sales goals were very unrealistic.
Pros
Free cable
Spectrum
Professional Business Technician I (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Poor Management: Management had a double standard as what you were held to and what they were allowed to do,
Poor Training: My training class had numerous issues with their accounts not working test accounts for training and practicing would not work either so you were unable to actually practice going through a typical trouble call and making corrections/changes in a customer's account.
Poor Support and Staffing: Constantly short staffed for leads. supervisors were not technical savvy or trained and could not provide any actual tech support if a Lead was unavailable.
Pros
Free Cable and Health Care Benifits
Cons
Everything Else
Pass job Summary
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 20, 2018
If I had to go back I would. I don't like the pay. I liked that they paid for my education. They went with a third party and brought in a new set of rules.
Pros
Cable
Cons
Pay
Not what it was
Field Tech 5 (Current Employee) –  Southern OhioSeptember 19, 2018
After spectrum bought out time warner, things changed and continue to change. Management is asking for impossible work loads in impossible time frames and changes are still continuing to be made 2 plus years later. The pay is not compensated for the skill set this job holds, but it’s enough to hold you
Pros
Take vehicle home, free cable
Cons
If you truly do all they ask of you, you will not go home till 11pm daily
Fast pace work environment, secure job
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Stressful at times with a overwhelming amount of customers from time to time. computer systems is the most difficult part of job. They need to update their systems. Commission is okay but could be a lot better. Over all its a stable job.
Pros
Hour lunches, Free services
Cons
policies contradict themselves, get in trouble for dumbest things.
Fast paced call center
CUST SVC VIDEO REPAIR (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day included addressing customer complaints and answering customer questions over the phone. The hardest part of the job is handling upset and hostel customers. The best part of the job was the leadership team that was always there to help you improve.
Pros
Great benefits. Excellent leadership.
Cons
Long days. Difficult calls for a call center.
Fun and productive workplace
DSC Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 19, 2018
● Finding needs for customers who want to start new services with Spectrum and up sale them on our products and services. As well as letting them know what they qualify for.
Spectrum is a great place to work
Sr. Representative, ESC Onboarding (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2018
Never a typical day at work, you are always learning something new
and required to be knowledgeable in all areas of Human resources.
The management team supports your career growth.The workplace culture is very diverse and Charter values their employees regardless of age, race or title you hold.The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the changes and the most enjoyable part of the job are the people I work with. We are a shared service team that motivates each other to do their best.
Pros
Job Advancement
Cons
Distance to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K

2.7

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight