Spectrum

Found 16,527 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,606 reviews

Spectrum insights

Based on 5,186 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

I’ve been pleasantly surprised!

Featured review

Spectrum selected this as a representative review
I really didn’t know what to expect with respect to the culture, commitment to employees success, etc.. I really cannot imagine working for a company of that size who really care about their people. We get 3 weeks vacation from day1, sick and personal time. All of us in field sales are off the road now due to CV19. No one has been laid off, we are still being paid and continue to receive the excellent benefits package. I’m very happy there!

Official response from Spectrum

April 14, 2020
Thank you for your review! We continue to evaluate our abilities as culture creators, and appreciate you letting us know when our initiatives have been successful.

High stress job with ever-dwindling rewards.

incredibly stressful job where if you don't hit your sales quotas you get paid nothing. Will try not to reimburse you for gas mileage, leaving you spending more to do the job than you earn.

Pros

work outside, pay is good if you have good territory (most are bad)

Cons

Everything else.

Stressful place to work, if you don't mind having a life this the place to work.

Not a good work environment, very unprofessional, all they are about are your metrics, if you get sick, or get Covid, you better hope you have enough sick time because they do not care about your well being.

Pros

Met some cool people

Cons

Everything else

Ok place

Pay is good but constant changes, management don't seem to care about employees, good benefits, secure work place. Yearly raises, tons of ot available

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Constant changes

Fun place

It was nice good time manager was nice! I made good money commission was amazing but it was a nothing more nothing less kinda plave! But it was nice!!

Pros

Pay

Cons

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Productive, engaging and cultured place to work at!

I love Spectrum/Charter, there is always room to learn and grown. There is always someone willing to help you! They have coaching in which you can gain more insight and express concerns. They also are very interactive if you need help!

Pros

Special incentives, dress down days, extra training, and the benefits are amazing too. The pay is pretty okay, its a step up from minimum wage.

Cons

30 min lunch breaks.

Management could care less about you

It's a call center at the end of the day. Management is clueless and borderline unqualified for their jobs, completely ignore all employee suggestions. They do not care to see you succeed, but will treat you harshly to the point you'll feel uncomfortable if you fail. Rather than hiring more leads to help with questions and support, management tasks employees to help other employees.

Pros

Good pay and decent benefits, employee discounts

Cons

You are a number, not a person here.

Really stressful.

They are very clear about expectations but there is constant anxiety about potentially breaking business rules or getting in trouble if you can’t do the job perfectly.

Good pay no real path for advancement.

They do promote from withing but all of the paths requite you to take a significant lossin pay to get a promotion. They need to make the supervisor and business positions higher paying. The advantage is you can make good money if you live in the right city.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Cold outside in the winter

Not much fun

They don’t care about you unless you make sales which isn’t hard but during Covid people tend to not like when you knock on their door, wouldn’t do it unless you really good at sales.

Pros

Money

Cons

Short breaks

Pretty great environment with great benefits

Nice place to work . Great environment and room for advancement. Pay and benefits and training are pretty smooth only issue is the whole being thrown into another position based on company needs. Other than that not a bad place to be.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

Work/life balance

.xbzh

Great Company to work for and balance work life with multiple opportunities and career growth to prosper. Great health plan and time off to help with work life balance.

Very well compensated if you're producing

Very well compensated if you're producing, lone wolf with very little help. If you can stay driven, you will do well. Daily grind consists of hunting in the field for new business and upsell to existing business, sometimes meetings. The grind is rough because businesses are still suffering from Covid, but you can build referral relationships and be fed business as well. At the end of it all, all that matters is that you get it done.

Pros

Benefits, great comp plan, personal time

Cons

At the mercy of a dated comm network

Productive and fun environment.

Leading an institution is a tough task and it demands perfection. The mentor/ leader has to be very wise and inspirational for influencing their staff. It sometimes becomes a cumbersome task when the leaders find themselves in a position of dilemma or directionless, one of those times is to take control of the working environment in the office.A manager, may priorities the significance of discipline with a fun and friendly environment of working, it turns out to be a more convenient method of earning obedience. However, one may not underestimate the very importance of teamwork and the joy in celebrating the victory.

Pros

Fun work environment

Cons

30 minute lunch

Great place to get started in the networking industry.

New to networking? Can be a great job. Cool benefits since you get free internet and gold cable package. I met really cool people there, your around so many people that it almost feels like school. The coworkers were the best part.Limited growth opportunity once joined, since they cap internal employees wage promotions as opposed to outsiders

Overworked and underpaid.

You are overworked an underpaid. You will crawl in rat/animal feces under houses and in attics, never be home on time whether you have school, family, life outside of work etc- forget those things. You will work in all weather conditions. Snowing? Trees falling on poles and on houses all around you and its dark and 8pm and you were supposed to be off hrs ago- doesn't matter. You WILL go to that appointment, climb the pole, risk your life, run the drop, install, etc. They give you an hour to do a job, including drive time. If it took you 40 minutes to get there, and it's a 2 hr job, guess what you're already behind, you'll be staying late, and your productivity is damaged and counting against you. Money and customers first- employees last if that.

Pros

Car, free internet

Cons

Everything else that wasn't in pros

supervisor i had acted like he wanted to help me but he was really a hater. praying on my downfall.

dont waste your time, the recruiter exaggerates the payout & how you can “choose your own schedule”. they say you get this & that but the circumstances to get it are left out. on top of that my supervisor was the absolute worst. all they care about is themselves. there’s a reason why people are constantly quitting!

Pros

free cable.

Cons

unrealistic.

Not that great

Pay and management was great but the programs you use to help customers didn’t work half of the time like they should and if you need a lead after hours it took 20 mins with a customer screaming at you. If you need a day off you need to put it in a month ahead or more. Most issues you where fixing where screw ups from other employees. Sales dept had so much pressure on them to make their sales that they took advantage of the elderly. They would talk them into buying phones that they didn’t need or understand and sell them phone that they did not order.

Pros

Money

Cons

Not the correct tools to do your job, no consequences if you screw up

Benefits that start at the day of hire.

It is an ok job in the beginning. But the longer you work there and the more you discover that the way you are told things work, turn out they don't. And you get into trouble DOING your job. They train you to talk people into upgrading their services. When it is clear they cannot pay for their current services.

benefits

Cons

psychologically damaging if you want to help people.

Overworked and overwhelmed

Spent most of the time stressed and back to back calls are dreadful, not a fun place to work, you are just a number. I was told everyday that I was throwing my day away on purpose if I couldn’t make sales. Never satisfied.

Pros

Pay, but not worth it

Cons

Unorganized and inconsistent : various compensation plans , new compensation plans are a Rip off to the agents.

If youre meeting their standards and or exceeding them as new representative expect to get slowed down, constantly pulled off calls for the most minute things. Management is all over the place, totally inconsistent with their mandatory coachings, and overall feedback. The companies sales tracking application never updates , its too easy for others other people to steal your sales, Management tries to motivate you by telling you youre not doing well even if u are, (I was told this by management) . The tactics used to motivate and have you stay around back fire, seemingly you can be placed in various compensation plans based on what the company /management deems fit appropriate for that person and the companies needs and assessment purposes. High turn over, poor communication, their sales tracking system calidus is a joke... Too much unorganization and taking advantage of quality work to adjust their sales scripting/sales techniques.

Pros

One hour lunch break

Cons

Compensation, management communication

Common questions about Spectrum

Answered by current and former employees at Spectrum

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Spectrum.
Powered byComparably

Compare Spectrum with

• Spectrum
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?