Spectrum Employee Reviews

Sales Management
Media Sales (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TexasNovember 17, 2017
Excellent future vision! Great people! Products that provide advertisers solutions in the linear and digital world. Excellent production talent and resources.
It WAS a great place to work
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 17, 2017
Before Charter purchased Time Warner Cable, TWC was a great place to work. The management was excellent, the benefits were great, my coworkers were great. We actually got things done. It was done extremely well and quick, we had a very efficient team.

Since Charter took over everything has turned a full 180 degrees. I'll leave it at that.

I was offered a promotion to move to the new Denver facility as they are relocating all of their engineering resources there. I am not able to relocate to Denver at this time so they are parting ways with me at the end of 2017.
Pros
Now? OK health coverage, free Spectrum residential services
Cons
Engineering relocating to Denver with hardly any legacy employees moving, The entire team is green including management.
Fun
Technical Support - Customer Service - Sales (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 17, 2017
This was a call center environment but treated as a family with plenty of morale building events and incentives to perform at the best. Plus the benefits were great!
Summary
Customer Solutions/Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2017
But apparently I have to fill it out so I am just taking up space at the moment to get passed these screens and that's my answer. But I think my opinion is not a factor because what may not work for me may for someone else.
Not customer orientated
Installation and Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Pinellas County, FLNovember 17, 2017
More worried about bottom dollar. How much can we get for the least amount of product.

#####################################
Great benefits
Customer Care Groupleader (Former Employee) –  Mililani Town, HINovember 17, 2017
Benefits are great for a large corporation. Pay is comparable to other call center style work. Very strict rules in the call center. Management can be pretty tough.
Self Motiuvated Work Culture
FIELD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2017
If you like to manage your resources & time and like working within a team but dominantly on your own then this is the job for you. Not at all a desk job.
Pros
Free cable, phone & internet
Cons
Working in all weather conditions
Great Place, Great Energy
CUSTOMER SERVICE/DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 16, 2017
This place is a great location for starting off you career. Coworkers are always great. The job likes to reward their employees for their hard work.
Pros
coworkers, may options for promotions.
Cons
the irate customers
good job as long as your sales are consistant
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 16, 2017
has good benefits cheap cable & internet,, pays well if sales are up to par, commissioned sales can be very unreliable, job can take a toll on your car,
Pros
free cable & internet
Cons
sales are unreliable, a lot depends on your territory for that month
Cant answer this honestly
Sales Support Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 16, 2017
I cant answer this question honestly. I was employed by the previous owner and not under the current regime. This shouldn't be a required step. I dont feel comfortable answering
productive and fun work place
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2017
A typical day at spectrum at times can be challenging but overall very enjoyable and a great work environment.I learned a lot over the past 8 months in my role the job is very detailed but rewarding as well employees are well appreciated and that shows.This work environment is very welcoming.s
Pros
onsite cafeteria
Cons
most job are contract
Good place for a start, and to gain experiece
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 16, 2017
Stressful place to work, service is poor, and customers are not treated well.So when customers leave there is hardly any likely hood that they will be returning customers. The service is also very poor which makes it a hard sell.
Pros
Benefits and meeting good people on a day to day basis
Cons
work hours change constantly
My View on Spectrum
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NY 11355November 16, 2017
If you are into telecommunications this is most definitely the company for you. If you want to advance in the company you have many options within. The environment in the office is pleasantly competitive no where near cut-throat. Anything you achieve you are recognized.
busy work environment. independent work.
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTNovember 16, 2017
plenty of jobs throughout the day to keep you busy and make the day go by.

you learn a lot of good trouble shooting skills and handy work with tools.

direct supervisors are great. Upper management a bit detached from the going on of a typical technicians daily work.

you get to work independently for the most part.
Enjoyed working at Spectrum
Director of Financial Shared Services AP (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at Time Warner Cable/Spectrum and the people I worked with. The company offered flexibility to maintain work life balance. The overall culture was positive and customer focused.
Benefits
Great job
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, MONovember 16, 2017
Was a really well put together company with a great moral compass and even better work environment. Great opprutunities and the feeling of being desired by an employer
Worked before the merger
Business Solutions Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2017
Used to be a great place to work. Typical call center type of job/duties. As time went on, it became more strict and focusing on petty things on your calls.
Great place to work...until Spectrum
No willing to disclose (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 15, 2017
TWC was an amazing place to work - I should know, I was there over 20 years. When Charter bought them, it went downhill over night. Very poor corporate culture and non-existent values. They value no one below the SVP level.

I was told they would work with me on a relocation (since my job required one) - "take all the time you need, no need to rush..." Then told "2 weeks, we want you here.. Otherwise, no thanks."

TWC was an amazing company, but Charter has completely ruined it and thousands of professionals' lives along with it.
Stressful, but plenty of worth with it.
Chat Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 15, 2017
A typical day comes of me coming in loading up my programs and then dealing with customers issues. A lot of it is customers upset, but its a matter of resolving the issue and making them feel like they matter.
Exciting enviornment
Telemarketing Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 15, 2017
Often sales incentives would drive me to carefully work with the customers objections to acquire the sale. I liked the team-spirit involved with making sales and also helping the company overall. I won prizes and that was fun. There was always team meetings and that felt good for the souls who were committed to making sales as well as helping the customer base and the company overall.
Pros
nice comfortable surroundings. No free lunch
Cons
Boss was over the top with his need for success and attain goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.