Spectrum
52Below average

Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 14,949 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Spectrum selected this as a representative review
I really didn’t know what to expect with respect to the culture, commitment to employees success, etc.. I really cannot imagine working for a company of that size who really care about their people. We get 3 weeks vacation from day1, sick and personal time. All of us in field sales are off the road now due to CV19. No one has been laid off, we are still being paid and continue to receive the excellent benefits package. I’m very happy there!
Official response from Spectrum
April 14, 2020
Thank you for your review! We continue to evaluate our abilities as culture creators, and appreciate you letting us know when our initiatives have been successful.
This place is a joke. Their employment status is more of a turnstyle. If you are not management, the average employees stay is less than 6 months. Their Fake attitudes really destroy morale. Though they preach team work, I have personally seen management single people out and give them their own special attention,to drive them to quit. There are several cliques within the company. They pretend like they are inclusive, but they Are NOT! The work is difficult due to the fact they really dont teach you the software you need to work on. They throw you on the phones with customers, without truly teaching us our job. Then tell you , "you'll be fine."But when your not they jump down your throat with write ups. There is no compassion if you are Ill or in the hospital. If there no sick days you are fired regardless. The company does not follow covid restrictions. They have had several out breaks within the call center just with the last few months. We are at a different desk everyday, not knowing if it is clean! The custodial help is a joke! The only thing I've ever seen them clean with the bathrooms! I do not feel safe in this environment mentally emotionally or physically. This is not a place you want to work .
Pros
Cheap insurances
Cons
Fake attitudes, corporate BS, poor job training
Leadership doesn’t care about people, customers, or even the company as long as they get their ridiculous bonuses. Don’t get between a VP and their bonus or you are gone
Nice job great staff lovePromoting within. Great benefits. Free cable 401k sick days , dental and health. Very extensive training program. They care
Constant turnover. Typical call center. Many would not return after a break or lunch. Unrealistic goals and metrics. Constant monitoring and intrusion on your private conversations to co-workers. Hope you don't have a relative pass away or get sick. You'll be fired if you miss two days from work or training. They do NOT care about employees here! If you fall behind in training or meeting their goals you will be gone! Relieved I am out of there! There are better jobs out there. Don't bother!
They tell you you’ll have freedom. Lies. Management are idiots. They will call you every 5 mins all day. If you get to a home and the customer isn’t there, it counts against you. Their metric system is flawed and designed for you to fail. They double book you and it messes up production numbers. You’ll never get off on time. They make you work overtime on “accident”. They don’t care about your kids or family, just want you to come to work, shut up, and get on your knees. If you got good knees, this is the job for you! This company lies to its customers and all of their equipment is refurbished and cheap!! This company can personally kiss my grits!!! Idiots!! You will be exposed!! Joke of a company.
Pros
Free service, free van to take home
Cons
Micro managing, don’t give you enough equipment to do the job, no one is there to help you
Work-life balanceThis is really a full time job you are expected to be on turf for 12pm which means you have to leave home about an hour before and is expected to knock doors till 9pm or until a sale is completed which sometimes happens after 9pm so you don’t get home till after 10pm sometimesPay & benefitsThe base pay is not bad is all the lies you are told about commission and the potential earnings that is possibleJob security and advancementThey say it loud and proud this is a performance based job you don’t meet sales goals you get written up and eventually terminatedManagementManagement just care about sales and forces sales rep to scam customers with lies about products and even make false sales to customers not knowing they just became customers.CultureYet again it’s all about sales as with majority of companies managers and supervisors have their favorites. There is no comradely here it’s a dog eat dog mentalityOverallThis company has no integrity whatsoever they encourage their employees to scam customers by lying about products and prices. They should be kicked out of New York for all their false advertising and the scams they run out of their various offices
Title says it all, good potential income if your willing to be cut throat and sacrifice your mental health. However even then your income is being taken from your coworkers and your team
Pros
Can make money
Cons
If you get a good supervisor, it's not that bad. But they have ridiculous expectations of merting metrics. They then throw new metrics for you to meet and write you up when you don't. Dont be sick 2 months in a row. You're not allowed and will be written up. No balance for family and the customers are so entitled.
Pros
The pay. You start out at $16/hr
Cons
Harsh attendance policy, too high metric expectations, dont care about their employees.
Spectrum has great benefits. Work/life balance is easy if you are in customer service/ call center roles because you get to choose your shift and don’t have to take work home with you. When you clock out for the day, you’re done.You may get stuck on evenings & weekends to start, but get to bid on a shift based on your metrics.That being said, you are only as good as as your stats and you will constantly be reminded of that. It’s the only way to move up, be acknowledged, or work the schedule you prefer. You are literally just a number here.Also, they are sticklers for attendance. You used to get a grace period of 5 minutes, but every minute is tracked and trust that the leadership takes note of how often you abuse the grace period. Logging in late from lunch, excessive call outs are all things that will get you “promoted to customer.” (That’s the internal jargon for firing you). You have to be very open to feedback and not take criticism personally. You will get a LOT of it. Oftentimes from Supervisors who aren’t quite sure which rules to enforce because they seem to change on a daily basis.That by far is the most frustrating thing. If you crave routine, or self assurance in your leadership, this may not be the best fit for you. You definitely have to be a critical thinker and independent problem solver. You should have already worked out how to solve most customer concerns yourself before asking for help because leadership is not going to tell you anything you don’t already know or haven’t already tried, or they’re going to tell you that it can’t be done with no explanation - more...
Pros
Catered lunch on special occasions, flexible scheduling, Great benefits (free cable & internet)
Cons
Very strict policies, micro-management, inefficient processes
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Spectrum is terriblePay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Spectrum are terribleJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Spectrum, I think terribleManagementIn general, managers at Spectrum terribleCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Spectrum is mehOverallMy experience working at Spectrum terrible
I worked there for 30 years.Excellent work environment.I had many opportunities for advancement.Good relationship with Management and Corporate.Many long hours.Often work hours exceeded OSHA rules.Vehicles not up to standard for equipment I was required to have.
Pros
Respected as an employee
Cons
Long hours and 7 day on call 24-7.
I am thankful for the opportunity to start entry level and grow into management. This is a great asset of the company. Just need to work hard and develop your skills it will be rewarding.
Pros
Free cable and Internet, 6% 401K match good medical benefits
This company only sees numbers. My time in the Sales department taught me that unless there are dollar signs involved, don't waste time on the customer. If there is an issue needing to be resolved, transfer to customer care. Supervisor call? Transfer to customer care. Lower the bill? Transfer to customer care. Anytime I spent more than 2 minutes trying to help a customer resolve their issue, I was asked "are you getting a sale?" If no, transfer to customer care. Ultimately, these behaviors were implanted into my brain for the 3 years I was in that department, and when the company's reputation was threatened, myself and other agents that were taught these practices, were then thrown under the bus and terminated for "misrepresenting the company". If you fit the mold, this is a great place to make some fat checks until they decide to go with a new mold. If you break the mold, this just isn't for you.
Pros
Great money, benefits
Cons
Mentally draining, lacking integrity, not appreciative of their employees.
Management doesn't care about the employees to the degree they offer no guidance or proper training. The pay scale they claim you can make is a sham and isn't attainable.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
Not a job for those that don't like being pushy. You HAVE to sell and over-sell on every call. You will get very familiar with rude customers, the sales culture shuns customer service.
Pros
You can make 70k+ by hustling, teach you how to deal with hesitation in sales
Cons
No job security. You can be top performer for 2 years straight, one bad month could end your job
I like working at spectrum. Pay and benefits are great and the ability to grow in the company seems to be promising. I just wish I could get some better hours that would meet my needs right now but I do understand that you have to start from the bottle
Pros
Pay, benefits, growth
Cons
Hours
Spectrum is a start or more as a foot in the door kinda thing to get work experience. They have good benefits, the pay is average but not the best and the management is also average. You don’t get to keep your same supervisor they are moved around regularly. Numbers matter 85% of the time when the centers need to show performance other than that the other 15% you can have a little wiggle room to relax on numbers. Employee community is kinda lacking you talk to the person you click with and that’s it the managers and supervisors don’t really wanna get to know you. Your more of a worker that helps them get their numbers and get their customers help and that’s it.
Benefits
Cons
Your just a number
This company did not have the cut-throat environment that many large corporations seem to have. The monthly accounting closes meant very long workdays but when you like your co-workers, it's not so bad and can even be fun at times. The work was somewhat redundant. Pay was more than fair and the company culture was wonderful!
Pros
awesome co-workers, good pay and benefits
Cons
sometimes very long workdays
I worked for their McAllen Bilingual Call center and if you are not a top candidate they make sure everyone knows it. They show off the best and show off the worst. Doesnt make you want to get better.
Started as a decent career I enjoyed, now has turned into a meaningless job. Most days you can start near your house or you are 45min+ away. Proper installs are not a thing anymore as you only get about 30-40mins of time per each appointment. Company vehicle with benefits and the pay could be better but is not hateful. The job itself is not bad, but you feel rushed and not sure when you will actually get home each night. But the forced overtime gets old after a bit, especially when you look forward to getting off on time then they assign to more jobs on you keeping you out til 2-3hrs after your shift on some nights, mostly 30mins to an hour on the daily (then you drive home). Also the hours on 3nd you spend waiting on hold to make sure the customers services are working gets to be a pain.
Pros
Company provides 90% everything, employees services, company vehicle with gas card, tour the city, Hour lunch, some awesome supervisors and managers
Cons
don't get to take your breaks, out past your shift constantly, Sometimes customers that don't want to listen, hardly monthly bonuses, Micromanaged to the max
  1. Employee Reviews