Spectrum Employee Reviews

Found 10,173 reviews matching the search See all 10,223 reviews
Featured review
Spectrum selected this as a representative review
Excellent training program, great benefits, awesome people!
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 6, 2018
The training is done in a very systematic comprehensive manner — 3 weeks of classroom, 2 weeks OJT with mentors. During the first day, information on security, business practices, comp services (free cable and internet) benefits, and opportunity for career growth are covered.The trainers, mentors, and managers that get you through the first five weeks are incredibly intelligent and caring — they WANT you to succeed!
Pros
The people, free coffee, great insurance & retirement
Cons
Takes awhile to earn leave time, PTO a little less than what other companies are doing.
Long hours in weather
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJuly 16, 2018
Hot days , Rainy days . be prepared to work outdoors bearing the weather. The hours are great you work a schedule that's good for you. But even when its 90 + outside its unbearable.
Quantity over quality
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 16, 2018
Employer was more concerned about job completion than employee safety. Manager put out no information during weekly meetings, liked to hear himself talk.
Work Hard
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 16, 2018
The hardest part about this job is taking back to back calls. Because of that, the management does their best to provide you with activities to assist in making your day enjoyable.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Closely Monitored breaks and lunches
Hot with no fans
Forklift Driver/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2018
I do not like that job thay act like you dont have a life all thay wont us to do is work with no day off 7 days a week and no time to speed with my kids and family its stress full if u take a day off it 4 points then thay wont you work 12 hours a day
Pros
Sunday free lunch
Cons
Yes very short break
Not so bad, just not what I had in mind
Internet Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 16, 2018
I've liked my job at Spectrum so far, it's just not really what i'm looking to get into right now. As someone who's trying to get into IT it's not a bad gig to start off with but do note that this is VERY basic tech support that even if you've never troubleshooted a network before you'd be able to do it. Overall the job is pretty nice, pays well, management is solid it's just not what I want to do for a career
Hard yet rewarding work.
ADVANCED BROADBAND TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 16, 2018
Spectrum provided a wealth of comprehensive training and benefits for their employees. It is difficult yet rewarding work for those who enjoy a challenge.
Relaxed environment
Customer Service Billing Agent (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 16, 2018
Being a Charter Spectrum Customer service was a relaxing and informational experience. Relaxing atmosphere in the office, and informational with the cable industry ever evolving.
good benafits and coworkers
I/R Technician (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 16, 2018
If you are not "liked" by the management then they will set you up to fail and they won't care about how it will affect your home life or your family at all.
Pros
benafits and coworkers
Cons
management
I enjoy the free services and free lunhes, but the supervision and their knowledge is very poor
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2018
It is a fairly good work environment. No consistency in supporting sales promotion. Confusion when it comes to sales specials. The supervision is poor.
Pros
They were always taking you to eat
Cons
Miscommunication of sale specials
Very competitive, great benefits
Retention Practical Training Mentor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2018
Mandatory overtime with no advance notice. Environment in call center is somewhat unprofessional. Free cable, internet and phone. Lots of room of advancement if they like you.
Pros
Free Cable and Internet
Cons
mandatory overtime no advance notice
Terrible place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 15, 2018
Accounts Payable is micromanaged to death. Bad managers. Will not promote within unless you are favored by upper management no matter how hard you work. Would advise anyone looking to work in AP to find a different company.
hard work
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 15, 2018
Spectrum is hard work. If you're willing to work its a great job. They give you room to advance. I worked with a lot of good people. I had an injury and they were very accommodating when i needed temporary disability.
Fast Paced and competitve
Sales/Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 15, 2018
The inbound sales department is very fast paced and very competitive. This is typical of most sales environments. Management for the most part is supportive, but of course their compensation is tied to your production. Overall is a very good place to work and if you apply yourself the sales goals are achievable.
Pros
Competitive compensation and commission rates.
Cons
Sometimes the sales goals change too much month over month
A temp assignment
Temporary Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 15, 2018
Time Warner Cable was excellent. This was a temporary assignment. The manager and supervisor were excellent. They were very flexible and worked with the employees and temps
So good so far
Video Repair Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 15, 2018
Started spectrum recently and I love it everbody there is helpful when it come to the job they don't play about attendance and the training program is great and not to fast-paced.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks, free internet and cable and phone services, clean
Cons
dont have yet
a high stress environment that was mostly about quantity and less about quality.
Video Repair Troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 15, 2018
My typical day of work consisted of assisting customer issues with their video equipment, as well as working to resolve those issues. If I was unable to resolve over the phone I would set up trouble calls. I also assisted in some minor billing issues and setting up appointments.
Pros
Great pay. Good benifits
Cons
Micro management. Stressful work enviroment
RSC Rep (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 15, 2018
It was a great starting job into the call center field. I learned a lot and am very grateful of the time I spent there. I would definitely recommend the job to a friend.
Fast paced
Video tech support (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 15, 2018
Really no different than any call center, the biggest difference is just working for company directly instead of a third party. That's why they are able to provide benefits such as insurance and comp services. The pay is decent for cost of living, that being said - you will earn your paycheck. High call volume (for video tech support), work systems are web based - always lagging, knowledge database is not current and more often than not can't locate correct info to help customers, multiple cable box guide platforms which make trouble shooting a nightmare, web page not updated to new versions of guide (since we now service Charter and not Time Warner areas) unfamiliar with Charter systems. Training for the change to Charter was a joke. Angry customers all day long, upset at price hikes, channel line up changes, techs missing appointments. Major role ambiguity, with recent changes you get different info on procedures, my current supervisor is not engaged, always negative/ complaining about team stats, but does nothing to improve the team. No consistent coaching or feedback, no team environment. At this point I just do my on thing and can't wait to leave, comp services are great, but after dealing with cable issues - the last thing I wanna do is watch cable. The thrill is over.
Pros
Pay better than avg in area, benefits, free service.
Cons
Stressful, high call volume, change to Charter service area, metrics always over your head like your own little strom cloud.
Great company overall
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJuly 15, 2018
One thing it may lack is training of the management to deal with specific cases. Like most of the large enterprise their is a lack of power from the local instances. But overall the employees were great and working hard.
Spectrum
Production Line Laborer (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJuly 15, 2018
Spectrum in Blacksburg va was a good place to work very oganized . Managers and co-worker s we're always very welmannered and respectful . Clean area and work space . My favorite part of the plant was the gazebos out front with fish pond very peaceful area to take beaks. I would recommend peape to hem in the most positive manner thank you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K
43.1K
32.6K

Women's ratings

2.6Fairygodboss Score

36%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

27%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss