Spectrum

Spectrum Employee Reviews

United States18,258 reviews

Found 18,258 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,346 reviews
spectrumwarnerchartertwcinternetsalemetricservice

I’ve been pleasantly surprised!

Featured review

Spectrum selected this as a representative review
I really didn’t know what to expect with respect to the culture, commitment to employees success, etc.. I really cannot imagine working for a company of that size who really care about their people. We get 3 weeks vacation from day1, sick and personal time. All of us in field sales are off the road now due to CV19. No one has been laid off, we are still being paid and continue to receive the excellent benefits package. I’m very happy there!

Official response from Spectrum

April 14, 2020
Thank you for your review! We continue to evaluate our abilities as culture creators, and appreciate you letting us know when our initiatives have been successful.

Wish i had known the length of hours I was signing up for. The advertised schedule is 40 hours but if you want to make decent money then you will have to pull atleast 60 hours

Spectrum insights

Based on 8,694 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Tech support

Pay is good for work being done and job is easy. Metrics are bs and there is always conflict of information being provided. Very inclusive workplace and various schedules. Overall good company if you work and mind your business.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Politics

It's ok

Call center work not exciting, managers are the only happy people working. Everyone is there for only the paycheck. Co workers come and go so never a true relationship with anyone.

What is the best part of working at the company?The support from leadership, and other technicians in the field. Also the encouragement for career progression is the best unlike other telecommunication companies is the best hands down.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?A lot of driving, especially in rural areas where cellphone reception is the worst.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The work environment and culture is diverse, was the first job I had where the supervisors are ready to climb a ladder with you.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Every day was a new experience it's all about keeping an open mind, staying focused and having a game plan.

Good pay, worst place to work

Spectrum is the worst place I never work in my entire live!! They are liars. they don't care about the costumers, only make money. If you don't meet the standards of the day, they gave you a memo. Also, the environment is depressing.

Pros

retirement

Cons

Healthcare terrific

Fun atmosphere

I love my job retail life but it’s a great company to work for. There are times where it’s stressful but don’t let the customers get to you. Work life there can be if you time mange well

Wonderful place to work and build a career

Spectrum is a wonderful place to work and has a lot of opportunities for advancement. Very generous benefits including tuition reimbursement, health insurance (that hasn't increased in price in several years), paid time off, free/cheap services, lots of life insurance options, and more. There are expectations but they are clear and fair, which is hard to come by anymore.

Stressful

There are different pros and cons while working here.The pros:Good pay, Great Benifits. Das itThe cons:Stressful, Mentally exhausting, The worst customers in the world, Scorecards, Meeting goals, Schedule.

Independent working , self paced , great pay

Good job , great pay , good benefits, freedom, loved working there I left and have tried to come back and it’s impossible even tho I had great numbers

Spectrum doesn’t value work life balance.

Let me start by saying I have loved this job more often that I have disliked it.When I am left alone to sell I truly help people. When the micromanagement bug kicks in my our regional manager and up, it’s completely intolerable.

Pros

When sales are flowing, you are left alone. Never earned more $ in a job.

Cons

Changed commission plan and it reduced by bonuses by 90%. Terribly micromanaged usually.

Learning experience

Good place to get work experience and learn a great deal about the industry. The managers and foreman take care and are safe. You have to learn quickly if you plan to stay employed. Ask yourself, how hard to you want to work?

Good pay but job is very stressful

Once your out of training good luck getting any help if it wasn’t for the pay and free cable I would’ve quit during training all they care about is getting mobile sales

Good pay and benefits/ too big of company

It was a great atmosphere when I started, but after the merger with TWC the company got too big and it made me feel like a number. Long term employees don’t get the value they deserve. Merit increases were washed away when they started pay at 20 per hour

It was good...but

It was good but the sales environment became very toxic as multiple channels can sell the same service to 1 customer. Benefits are great and the perks we good as well.

Okay

The job was okay. Decent pay, micromanage, good benefits, free cable, internet and phone. Stressful because you often deal with irate customers. Constantly changing commission metrics

Great pay & benefits but sales is bottom line

ProsAmazing peopleAmazing perks, benefits, commishPaid training and mentoringGuaranteed high base payConsHighly micromanagedYou will never reach their goalsProfits before customers mentality

Work

You have to make it fun but it’s not fun at all when the supervisors are constantly calling you and breathing down your neck about sales and they care less about your safety

Benefits

Cons

Work life balance

What is the best part of working at the company?Floor training is inadequate and trainers do not know how to motivate best practices.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Meeting goals that are unforgivingWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Negative response in coaching and development What is a typical day like for you at the company?Much dread in going to work

Late hours

I loved the pay! But I didn't like knocking doors til 8pm at night. You start at 1pm so the that's good! But after it gets dark, you still have to knock doors til 8pm. And you will be micromanage to make sure you DO! They can track you and sometimes even pull up on you to make sure you are really knocking doors to gain customers. The customers didn't know you were coming. It's completely cold calling. The company generated leads for you, which is good, but you have to deal with alot of rude people because they didn't want a salesperson unexpectedly showing up. The salary was awesome! The commission even more awesome! But it's not easy to convince someone to change their services over to Spectrum. If you don't sell a certain amount for that month, you'll get written up. And eventually let go. Benefits are great!! Bonuses are awesome! But the enterprise, Dothan, daleville, geneva areas have been worked hard by the best sales agents already, and you will continually get the same addresses over and over again. But a great experience. I learned alot about sales and how to over come objections, I don't regret working there at all. Easy to move up in the company. But I got burned out. I felt like I was begging customers for sales. It's mentally draining when you're constantly turned down and no one even let's you do your sales pitch at the door.

Micromanagement to the MAX

Worst part...you get in trouble for using your paid time off. Best part...the pay. No personal connections allowed between co workers. Lie during recruiting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight