Play YouTube video button
Spectrum

Spectrum Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Featured review
Spectrum selected this as a representative review
Good solid job
The job involved troubleshooting video and internet equipment remotely, Other duties were involved as needed. Company provide excellent training and management support. Hardest part of job was meeting all metric levels consistently and still effectively assist customers, The best part of job was helping said customers and receiving thank you,
Pros
Discounts
January 2, 2020
We appreciate your feedback! Because our products and services continue advancing, our training also has to change to keep up. Our Customer Service teams have important roles, and their dedication keeps us moving forward. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience
very nice company to work for
really enjoyed my time at spectrum. good place to work if you are looking to work extra hours if possible. only thing I didn't like was having a schedule from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and getting another job to drive to at 6:55 p.m., then not getting off until 11 or 12.
Challenging Yet Rewarding
In a place of business where the main priority is providing the highest level of customer service possible, it can get stressful fast. Using that to allow yourself to grow is the best thing you could possibly do for yourself in a tech support position. Luckily, this company and department is there to support you as well. The fair benefits and fun events make it a place where you want to be. The guidance and support from management makes you understand that they do value you as an employee. Use the knowledge and personal growth to your advantage while working here.
January 16, 2020
We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed sharing them for current and future employees. We are committed to developing a positive culture that supports our employees and delivers high quality products and services for our customers. Thank you for your review!
Ehh
Depending on the field you desire to go into, will decide whether you are able to move up in the company. With recent changed and ideas the option for "moving up" has become little to none.

Number are more important than people.
January 16, 2020
We appreciate your input. Many Spectrum business have been focusing their efforts to develop clear progression plans for all kinds of roles, including the Field Tech certified national broadband apprenticeship program. We hope this will provide ample opportunities for people to grow their careers at Spectrum.
Fnn Place
Great place to work and grow. Fast Paced work environment, benefits are great with much room to grow and learn. Management with help with your career path with in Spectrum.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Office Space (the movie)
I wouldn't. It's a Kafkaesque dystopian nightmare. Broke an ankle during my first 6 months and was let got for missing 3 days (1 in the hospital).

Time Warner treats their employees even worse than their customer believe it or not.
Lack of TEAM mentality. Management very unsupportive.
TEAM-Together Everybody Achieves More. That's what the Spectrum Video Repair Call Center lacks. I started to realize that this wasn't a place I wanted to work at after I completed training. First day on the floor and supervisors were very hostile and not so helpful and rude about helping new employees. From my previous Sales Trainer and Management experience I knew this was wrong. Those new employees depend on their supervisors to guide them when they need help. This wasn't the case at Spectrum. There was an occurrence where a coworker asked a Supervisor a question in regard to call that she was on. This supervisor told her to ask someone else while she was eating behind her desk (mind you she was not on lunch). This wasn't her direct supervisor but that doesn't matter. If I were this supervisor, I would've stopped what I was doing (in this case eating) and helped my colleagues’ employee with her issue. Supervisor should be able to depend on other supervisors when they're not around. This is what that TEAM workplace mentality is about. When a supervisor shuts down an employee they feel like they can't go to them. That's only one of the occurrences that I saw which made me think twice about Spectrum. Secondly, some of the leads need to get off their high horse and do their job without making employees feel like they're a bother. I as a Rep disliked using the AAT tool when specific individuals were working as leads. Only because they were so rude about helping their peers. Third, Mangers! It'd be nice to visit your teams every once and awhile. It lets your team members know that - more...
Was bullied for being a new mother
I started when I had just found out I was pregnant, once the job found out certain people Up the chain would be little me. I had scheduled bathroom breaks which were always when the bathroom was being cleaned so I would have to walk to a different building. This lead to my adherence never being able to be fixed. I had a doctors note for longer or more bathroom breaks which they just shortened the ones I had and expected me to be able to be done in 7 minutes. Work force would constantly belittle me and lie on me. Once my child was born. I was told 12 minutes should be more than enough to set up in the nursing room, pump, clean the items, use the bathroom and get back to my desk on the opposite side of the building. I was told by HR that how his wife pumped only took a few minutes but she was a stay at home mom so I should be just fine. I tried to report a hostile work environment but the people I were reporting were brought into the office with me(intimidation). Everything I ever reported they seemed to not have any record of it or would just tell me it must be a miscommunication. So I gave up and quit.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spectrum?
pressure to make commision
It's nice to get a discount on your cable, phone and HSI. Sometimes there is mandatory overtime. Very fast pace place. You get pressured to make commission.
great place to work
I really enjoyed working at spectrum, great management and work culture, if possible I would love to go back there and be able to be successful again, love it!
Pros
everything
Cons
Hr
Corporate culture has changed, and not for the better.
Company was a joy to work for before the Charter merger. Now the culture is rife with micro-management, metric-driven performance, and unrealistic expectations from senior management. All jobs have been more-or-less centralized, so if you want to move into a different area you will most likely have to relocate out-of-state. Pay is middle-of-the-road for the job title, but your title might not reflect your actual duties.
Rewarding Career if you invest the time
The flexibility of this role is great however it does require a lot of your time. The pay makes up for it. A typical day is 10-2 in the office 5-7:30 in the field.
Good people but the upper management is stuck in 1980s.
The only tech company I've ever worked that is stuck in the past and is consistently looking backward. They don't allow casual dress for non customer facing employees, there is no work from home and the hours aren't flexible for the salaried. The company rarely does any kind of team building exercises or offers any kind of significant opportunity to socialize and achieve a sense of belonging. Overall morale is low. If you're seeking a job where you work on a wonderful campus in well lit areas among greenery, you'll find the exact opposite at Spectrum. Many of the facilities are antiquated, florescent lit, cubicle farms. Abandon all hope ye who toil here.
Hope you like a brown nose
Try your hardest to be amiable and play the game. Regardless of how well you do your job, the way to get ahead at Spectrum is browning your nose. I knew several coworkers that turned down positions because they didn't want to deal with mid and upper level management. But hey, that's probably most places in the corporate world
The first 4.5 years were great. Advancement seemed realistic, proven people were trusted to do their jobs without micromanagement. Sadly, that did not last. The culture became untenable. Dishonesty and deception crept in. Office politicking became commonplace. The center adopted a philosophy where coddling and enabling substandard workers was considered the right approach. The money was pretty decent, at least.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Culture is toxic
Ok place to work
Ok place to work except at night. The night managers are redicouls they do not know how to be managers and are they immature. They allow bad agents to talk to the customer in such a disrespectful manner.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Bad night managers
Enjoyed the discounts
I worked here when it was still Time Warner. Just before the sale to Spectrum. Overall, it was a good job. A lot of back to back calls. It can be stressful if you can't deal with customers yelling at you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No real work life balance
Worst job ever
Hated working here. Customers were always unhappy with the cable services and treated you horribly on the phone. Management expected a lot from you but would be aggravated if you asked for help.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything!
Spectrum
Spectrum was an okay Job mangement was all over the place an it was alot that could have been done but they all seemed over worked. The training part was great and very hands on.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great place to work. Wonderful people who treat you with nothing but respect. They’re flexible with hours and very understanding. Have plenty of overtime as well.
It was Time Warner Cable when I worked there
It was Time Warner Cable when I worked there. Residential Retention was brutal. Customers cussing you out just for answering the phone. I had seven managers in seven months and moved desks seven time.
Pros
free cable, internet and phone service
Cons
Disgruntled customers yelling at you and calling you names
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.
3.4K
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight