Play YouTube video button
Spectrum

Spectrum Employee Reviews in Rochester, MN

Found 127 reviews matching the search with 20 reviews near your location.
Featured review
Spectrum selected this as a representative review
Good solid job
The job involved troubleshooting video and internet equipment remotely, Other duties were involved as needed. Company provide excellent training and management support. Hardest part of job was meeting all metric levels consistently and still effectively assist customers, The best part of job was helping said customers and receiving thank you,
Pros
Discounts
Official response from Spectrum
January 2, 2020
We appreciate your feedback! Because our products and services continue advancing, our training also has to change to keep up. Our Customer Service teams have important roles, and their dedication keeps us moving forward. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spectrum?
Related reviews
20 reviews near your selected location with similar search
CenturyLink was a very comfortable and very congenial place to work. All of the people that I worked with were very educated and very polite. I would have no problem working with them again.
Great management with great work environment
• Provide a technical point in troubleshooting for Telephony issues/events/outages
• Access and maintain all Avaya PBX's

• Install and provide support for Avaya One-X as needed

• Provide administrative bridge management and oversight during network events/outages

• Assign, reset and provide support for all voice mail related issues in both Modular messaging and the Ex-change Server.

• Work with limited supervision (sometimes independently) while providing clear, documented activities to include customer or technical issues

My co workers are the best I could ask for. They are very helpful and easy going people, but at the same time we are all very driven to getting tasks done by deadlines if not earlier.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Lower pay than most companies
Community and Employee oriented
Time Warner Cable believes that innovation begins with our employees and partners, and that diversity and inclusion create an environment for success.
Sr. Java JEE Developer
Agile,
Enthusiastic work behavior,

Learn new in technology.
Stay away from Herndon, VA
Easily the worst place that I've ever been. High turn-over rate.
Pros
garage, air conditioning indoors
Cons
hostility, attacking culture, low pay, low benefits, office politics
Fun place for an internship
Interns work together, eat lunches together, and do fun activities together. A great place to get exposed to Corporate America
A well grounded forward thinking company providing opportunities for a good career.
As a project coordinator my day was filled with meetings with internal and external partners. TWC is eager to make the right changes to accomplish good business decisions. My co-workers were motivated to improve their services to their customers. The most difficult part of the job was filtering through all of the innovative ideas that was provided by the team members - they all had great ideas and I enjoyed hearing everyone of them.
Pros
discounted services in franchised areas
Overall Time Warner is a good company, however with most nationwide companies there are several challenges
Time Warner is a good company on a daily basis there are many things I enjoy like profitability of the company and some of the benefits of the company. The major drawback is the middle management of the company being stuck in the 9 to 5 or punch the time clock mentality.
Pros
profitable company, great employee benefits, pension
Cons
flexibility
Time Warner Cable offers Digital TV, High-Speed Internet and Digital Phone services across the nation.
Extremely fast paced environment, innovative, all ages, professional, too many meetings, educated, health conscious, after hour events, nice benefits package, casual dress - over all, great experience!!
Java Developer
In order to position the IMS for supporting Digital Phone services, IMS decouples call processing logic into multiple functional entities, provisioning IMS services. DSB is an integration platform that enables distributed systems to have enterprise-wide access to shared business information and business services, and enables the integration of business processes and information across system boundaries, used by BPS Broadband Provisioning System to orchestrate the Device Management functions providing 360 degree solutions to the business that is Customers, Accounts, Services, and Devices. Messaging operations between systems will utilize the "Time Warner Services Definition Language" (TSDL)

• Responsible for Time Warner Cable's Identity Management infrastructure design and continued development, integration development using ESB.

• Evaluate new technologies and products and documents the product specifications as related to the directory environment; Carry out tests to evaluate various directory design, concepts, performance and features of directory;

• Extensively involved throughout Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).

• Estimation, design and development of various modules.

• Bug fixing and maintenance of the product.

• Generating daily progress reports.

• Assist in the on-going development of other identity management related systems such as directory servers.

• Involved in the implementation phase for developing the Action classes and jsp’s.

• Ensure that technical solutions are architected, implemented, and operated in a reliable and cost-effective manner.

: Java,
 - more...
Good Company to work for
Very successful company and i really enjoyed working there. Learned from the managment alot and gained more experiance.
Good company to work for.
Good company to work for. Typical large firm. Cable Industry is in flux at this point and job stabilty may be questionable.
Fun Place to work for for the moment
Fun Place to work for for the moment. Once the management changed. Then the environment started to slide down to poor.
Pros
nice company
Cons
laid off
Team oriented
Team oriented, fast paced, ever changing because:

"When you're finished changing, you're finished." (Ben Franklin)

Adverse Company culture
The company seems to be in a constant state of reorganization
Pros
They compensate well
Great place to work with excellent benefits
Great place to work with excellent benefits. Typical work day is 9 am to 6 pm.
Good job
It's a good job, not a great job. It has flaws like any other company but they change direction as a company many many times. I will like consistency. So far, it is good but it won't last as there is a major change on the horizon.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Inconsistent environment and planning by TWC
People are wonderfully talented and very hard working
The company is currently going through a restructure which should help establish the needed processes to improve the business.
Productive and a fun office environment
A typical work day for me is QC'ing, entering and processing orders receieved from the sales agents. Inter acting with team members and sales agents to resolve issues and or questions concerning the customers contract. Resolve all rejected orders in a timely fashion to ensure customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free lunches, free training classes, lots of opportunities for advancement
Targeted during layoffs
I used to really enjoy working at TWC. Then they switched me to another group during a re-org back in 2011. I was taken out of a position that was perfect for me, and where I had earned all my company awards including a yearly MVP trip winner to Puerto Rico. Switched me to a group where I basically had to learn the job from scratch with minimal guidance.

Sitting in a cubicle environment behind another loud employee that was constantly talking and always taking personal calls, was a distraction that contributed to prohibiting me from performing my job to the best of my ability. Advised management about the situation, but it took several months before the situation was finally addressed.

Had another major re-org recently (company is restructuring from 3 Regions to 1 Region), including projects being cancelled. I was let go, in addition to other really good employees, including Managers and Directors. During layoffs, if you are making a decent salary, you become that much more expendable. But laying off an exemplary employee that won a yearly MVP trip (214 employees out of about 50,000 for that year) is absolutely brilliant!!

The sad thing is that there are really good people working at TWC. But some projects get started and are never completed. Management has a tendency to work in their silos and attend meetings on a regular basis, without really paying attention to what's going on in the workplace. Meeting due dates and delivery is not a key for success there. Millions are spent on specific projects, and if a certain project gets cancelled because the majority
 - more...
Pros
Great benefits, salary, good hours
Cons
Way too many re-org's and restructuring in company
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.
3.4K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Spectrum.