Spectrum

Working at Spectrum in Saint Petersburg, FL: Employee Reviews

Saint Petersburg, FL155 reviews

Found 155 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,169 reviews

Good benefits and pay

Good pay and schedule and holidays management sometimes are a pain but you work mostly alone all day which is nice and you get a work can and gas card

Stressful

It’s hard to go to work and be productive when you have customers constantly yelling for things you can’t control. The systems are always down, and management have their pets. They pay decent, but for the work that’s introduced i think they should pay a little more.

Spectrum insights

Based on 7,283 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

No work life balance

The job itself is not the worst and neither are the customers. The issue is training and management. There is barely any training, the trainers don't even have the information they need, and all they advise is to read the company articles on each product. Most of the articles are inaccurate and definitely not updated to reflect changes in products or policy. The other issue is management, they state they care about your mental health and to use your PTO/sick time if you need to take a breather, especially my direct supervisor. Those are lies. I did use my sick time and was written up for it. I also found out from another supervisor I was friendly with that my direct supervisor was actively trying to fire me. Jokes on him, I found a better job and quit.

Solid company

Good Job. Good benefits and pay. Lacks training. Work overload and management could improve. There are opportunities for advancement in certain areas.

Pros

Free cable

Cons

Lack of training

Great Pay and benefits

You can't beat the starting pay and benefits, really hard to find else where.. Once you learn the work and get a routine, you'll be golden. Work at your own pace for the most part but also doing the best you can to get the work complete and stay off the radar.

Don't expect to grow

You are worked until you can't take it anymore then get reprimanded. Management cares 0 about you, just stats, numbers and how they will succeed. It's a job

They care absolutely nothing about their employees!

If you want to constantly be screwed over by a company even though you give your all and work your hardest this is the place for you. They care absolutely nothing about their employees. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy

Pros

Free cable

Cons

They constantly screw over their employees, time and time again

January 19, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We know that a positive, supportive team can make all the difference for a successful career. The experience you describe is not in keeping with our company values. When some employees do not comply with policies or create a hostile working environment, it hurts us all. We have taken note of your comments and will share them with our leadership.

Boring office culture

A true dystopian nightmare of staring at an office cubicle wall. I felt like the opening scene of the matrix. A sign of late stage capitalism. If u have a soul move on.

Pros

Nice break room

Cons

Bad pay, bad bathrooms

January 19, 2022
We appreciate the effort you took to share your experience with us. It really makes a difference when you feel supported by your team and leadership. The experience you describe is not in keeping with our company values and does not comply with our policies for workplace behavior. We have taken your comments to our leadership team, and thank you for helping us better understand how to support our future employees.

The pay is fair and the benefits are good

It's a great place to work and I relocated where they were not so I had to leave but would not hesitate to go back. I made a lot of friends over my 3 1/2 years there and my leader was very supportive.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Flexibility

Cons

There is no Con if you know how to talk to people

Angry customers

Angry customers back to back calls . Training could be better. Overall not a bad place . Just needed a change from phone environment. Great benefits.

Pros

Nice culture

Cons

None i could think of.

Unrealistic metric goals

Very stressful environment. Even when in the top 10-20% of representatives in the call center, you can still get threatened with corrective actions for not meeting unrealistic call handling time requirements, even if it's only an average of 1 minute over.

Pros

Great benefits and decent pay

Cons

High stress corporate environment

Mobile service advocate

management is horrible. They micromanage everything you do. Everytime you request days off they deny WFM deny it. Then will write you up when you call out. They lie about being able to change shifts after 90 days. When you first start they try to stick you in a 3rd shift. This job really weighted on my mental well-being

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Hours, workload, petty management, schedule

It could be a good job if they trained better

The job isn't necessarily bad and neither is the pay, the issue is the training. The training is terrible and you then get in trouble for asking for help too often or not knowing enough. If they trained better this would be a non-issue.

Pros

Multiple shifts

Cons

Lack of knowledge

Terrible work/life balance

Good money, free services but it's not conducive for a good work/life balance. They rarely offer good shift bids and your dealing with some of the most irate people who are just trying trying to do their job and stay connected to the internet.

Decent Wages, Horrible Morale

Spectrum is a terrible place to work. They focus on the negative and nothing anyone does is ever good enough. Charter doesn't care about the customers like Bright House did, so it's embarrassing to say you're an employee of this company. I didn't have a problem working for Bright House, they were fine. Charter doesn't care about anything but the bottom line and the shareholders.

Pros

pay

Cons

lack of training, lack of resources, broken tools, lake of support from management, dirty poorly maintained buildings, small desks

August 17, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We know that a positive, supportive team can make all the difference for a successful career. We will share your comments with our leadership team, who continue to develop strategies to support day-to-day operations.

Pay is good.

I worked for Spectrum for 17 months. in that time, they are a good company when it comes to their pay rate, medical benefits, paid time off, and 401k portfolios. But, if you are not a tech-savvy individual, this might not be the company for you. The people are friendly, and most of the supervisors are great.

Pros

Paycheck, health benefits, paid time off, 401k

Good people

Good people, good environment, job is not overly difficult. Better benefits than most companies, numerous shifts to accommodate your needs. Not for everyone but def worth a try

Benefits

Pays well, but stressful

If you like getting yelled at about internet or inconsistencies between supervisors, this is the perfect job for you. They starting pay is great, but the hours are terrible, despite claims in training that this is subject to change based upon performance.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Short breaks, stress

Honesty would be appreciated

Leadership will treat you poorly and lie to your face to avoid difficult conversations. They would rather you keep quiet about major issues negatively impacting production than be honest about ongoing problems.

worst place to work ever

Spectrum is Charter Cable's brand for Internet like Xfinity is for Comcast. Worst experience in s a customer service role ever. They do not care at all about the customer experience much less giving you, the technical support person, enough training, tool, and time to fix their issues. Basically you have around 8 minutes to greet the customer, listen to their issues, empathize with them, try to find a solution and implement it. Your calls are timed, every call is recorded (EVERY CALL), and they grade you on talking points and making sure you say key words and phrases. There is NO troubleshooting really going on and you aren't graded on your success in actually fixing a customer, just if you hit all the talking points in the allotted span of the phone call. In essence, you are not there to take care of the customer. You are there to fill cells in a spreadsheet with the right numbers to make your supervisor look good. It was very frustrating, demeaning to someone who has spent over 20 years fixing computers and networks on the customer level, and NO ONE wants to even entertain the idea of improving things for a better customer experience. Terrible company to work for, go work at 7-11 instead.

Pros

Free basic internet and cable TV

Cons

Slipshod training, no emphasis of fixing things, deaf corporate ear for improvements

May 14, 2021
Thank you for sharing these comments with us. Your feedback helps us better understand employees' needs and experiences, and better informs us about how we can support them and their families. Thank you for helping us toward those goals.

Pretty good place to work

Great team environment. Love the people I work with. Great pay and benefits. Senior level management is great as well. Not much negative I can think of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Spectrum.
Powered byComparably