Play YouTube video button
Spectrum

Spectrum Employee Reviews for Voice Engineer in Ashburn, VA

Found 1 review matching the search with 19 reviews near your location.
Featured review
Spectrum selected this as a representative review
Good solid job
The job involved troubleshooting video and internet equipment remotely, Other duties were involved as needed. Company provide excellent training and management support. Hardest part of job was meeting all metric levels consistently and still effectively assist customers, The best part of job was helping said customers and receiving thank you,
Pros
Discounts
Official response from Spectrum
January 2, 2020
We appreciate your feedback! Because our products and services continue advancing, our training also has to change to keep up. Our Customer Service teams have important roles, and their dedication keeps us moving forward. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience
CenturyLink was a very comfortable and very congenial place to work. All of the people that I worked with were very educated and very polite. I would have no problem working with them again.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spectrum?
Related reviews
19 reviews near your selected location with similar search
Great management with great work environment
• Provide a technical point in troubleshooting for Telephony issues/events/outages
• Access and maintain all Avaya PBX's

• Install and provide support for Avaya One-X as needed

• Provide administrative bridge management and oversight during network events/outages

• Assign, reset and provide support for all voice mail related issues in both Modular messaging and the Ex-change Server.

• Work with limited supervision (sometimes independently) while providing clear, documented activities to include customer or technical issues

My co workers are the best I could ask for. They are very helpful and easy going people, but at the same time we are all very driven to getting tasks done by deadlines if not earlier.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Lower pay than most companies
Great Company with Great Intentions. . just went through a takeover
An employee of Spectrum's acquisition, Time Warner Cable. Worked through the acquisition with Spectrum and unfortunately, they were doing away with Corporate Positions in the Virginia area.
This is for Bright House Networks
My review is based upon my time at Bright House Networks which was acquired by Spectrum. Bright House had great benefits and I met many good people there.
Pros
Pension program, great benefits
Cons
low pay as compared to colleagues with same position at other companies
A great place to work, family friendly, strong business ethics
A Federal reseller for many enterprise SW vendors, with GSA Schedule and SEWP contract.
Strong management

Strong business ethics

Dedicated employees
Pros
No micro-management of EES, nice office
Cons
Hard to get competitive pricing for some product lines
Great place to work!
Great company to work for!
great management

good team to work with
reading job
I didn't mind this job. All I did was read and organize while listening to music. It could get extremely busy or it could be extremely slow. Overall, paid was great, my boss was nice, company was good to me. I would work here again. Only left to go back to school.
Fast pace environment. Employee requires to keep up with the high volume of customer's orders to deliver on time installation. Scorecard down to the Rep level on a monthly basis.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Need to multi tasks on a daily basis to meet deadline.
Great co-workers, excellent salary and benefits
The hiring process was thorough and well conducted. Our group was able to have significant impact on our area of the business. We were well respected. It was fun to go to work and be creative. Unfortunately the company went through several rounds of layoffs which included letting experts in different areas go and having poorly staffed groups (Corporate telecom team dropped for 9 to 2 people). Development staff was outsourced.
Pros
I loved working with our internal team and also getting to know many other department leaders
Cons
The cultture outside of our group was incredibliy political with much back stabbing
Charter
This is a great company to work for. The culture has changed a little but over all everyone that I have worked for and worked with our on the amazing people.
Management not very engaging
Hostile takeover, We were purchased by Charter and told either move or by let go. No transition period and no intrest in learning how to take over our day to day operations
Consultant
• Created customers, subgroups and contracts in a timely manner as needed, particularly for Agent customers
• Used monthly settlement reports, reconciled National sales billing and revenue with TWC and Bright House Network divisions, on a monthly basis

• Reviewed and resolved billing discrepancies from divisions

• Ensured all discrepancy resolutions are posted on the following month’s settlement reports by resolving issue in ICOMS, CloseTabs and Salesforce systems Communicated resolution to necessary parties

• Coordinated payment of monthly settlement reports with internal Accounting department

• Assisted in the resolution of billing inquiries from National Sales customers

• Participated in the monthly billing cycle review process to ensure invoice accuracy on new and existing customers
N/a
Not sure about this particular organization because I did not work for them. Sorry for the inconvenience. This is most likely technical issue or computer software glitch.
In transition from TWC to Charter
The TWC business and Engineering teams are in a transition period, merging into equivalent Charter organizations primarily in Denver, CO. Work life will depend on management team, while the Data Center Engineering team was well taken care of, I can't speak for others. Scope of authority to make budgetary decisions seems to be reduced, where even small deployment projects need the highest levels of approvals.

Work environment and overall work/play attitude is good, but telecommuting is not as prevalent as it was for TWC pre-merger.
Pros
Entire organizations are co-located, making interactions simpler
Cons
Approvals need to be pushed way up the ladder
It is fine
Just fine but very old school, like working in a Mad Men environment from TV at times. Nothing else to say just filling in the gaps here to allow me to proceed
Pretty good while Time Warner Cable
My review is for TWC only since I would have to relocate in order to keep my position which I didn't. I can't accurately rate now they are Spectrum. The work was challenging with great benefits. Also good work balance. Always felt I could manage my personal life when I needed. Had we not been bought I would have most likely stayed.
Pros
Benefits, challenging work, decent work-life balance
Team oriented
Team oriented, fast paced, ever changing because:

"When you're finished changing, you're finished." (Ben Franklin)

Intelligent Engineers with Excellent Team Management
Challenging Work Environment. Risk-Reward. Technical Team Excellent but Lacked Direction from Management. Introduction of New Products and Services were Poor. Stagnating Customer Retention.
Pros
Work Flexibility. Compensation and Benefits Were Very Good
Cons
C-Level Management Lacked Vision. Management Did Not Take Responsibility for Top to Bottom Approach
Good company in general
Good company to work for in general. Good technology and good pay. The company culture is good and friendly. Extremely busy and high pressure but still fun to work for.
Stay away from Herndon, VA
Easily the worst place that I've ever been. High turn-over rate.
Pros
garage, air conditioning indoors
Cons
hostility, attacking culture, low pay, low benefits, office politics
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum. Our community is ready to answer.
3.4K
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Spectrum Reviews by Job Title