Spectrum Brands Employee Reviews

Warehouse Associate, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 1, 2018
It fun places to work with great people and great supervisor but management is more like independlable on the job need or miss communication and not doing the job supposed to do in management the company duties.
Talk is cheap
Outbound Associate (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KSJanuary 30, 2018
Payroll issues. Standard procedure is not to pay bonuses, until you contest them. Inventory is absolutely atrocious. Long hours. Mandatory overtime. Product manages to make it out the door by brute force. The Edgerton facility is hemorrhaging cash. Management pushes to make deadlines, upper management is extremely slow to implement changes. Terrible Communication. The attrition rate is horrible. This place is a revolving door. Egos of those who have worked for the company for some time hamper the ability to make positive changes. Communication is terrible.

You have been warned.
Pros
Pay is average.
Cons
Burnout.
Clean but crowded
Senior Manager Product Quality Global (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 23, 2018
New facilities. Clean and organized. Only VP and higher get offices. Profitable with good incentive plan. Lots of opportunities with the company but currently due to pending sale of the division employment status could be uncertain.
Pros
Cafeteria on site with good food
Cons
Small cubes
Challenging work, very good inter-office relations.
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Very much enjoyed working there. Friendly, cooperative people.
Worked in Quality department. Encouraged ideas and communication, constant Quality improvement atmosphere.
Employed through Aerotek temp agency.
Pros
Very positive inter-office relations. Always looking to improve quality. Free coffee. Large, clean cafeteria.
Cons
As a temp, slow pay advancement.
Spectrum was a great environment have people easy to work with and learnt a lot there
Batch Maker Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJanuary 21, 2018
I learn how to be a batch maker warehouse work / forklift in tight areas I made pet food for spectrum a lot of measurements weigh in mixing products I had to pick products that I mix I receive them with a forklift out of Benz Reach forklift I drove pallet jack and they had a clean environment that a lot of Sanitation
Flexible and very Collaborative
MMA - Mass Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 21, 2018
Good job to have to keep active and have hands on projects and assignments to be completed at store level. Very flexible with time and schedule. Very Collaborative with sharing information.
Pros
Flexible and very Collaborative
Cons
Lacking Wages and Offered no Benefits
The job is okay!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 16, 2018
The pay is good was only there for seasonal, but my checks was very nice. If you know what you are doing the job is a piece of cake! Sometimes instructions from your manger was horrible.
my experience
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2018
My overall experience was good .I enjoyed the experience. I was paired with people that were kind eager to train me and very clear on safety. Safety was our number one priority ,
Nice work environment
Staffmark Temp (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJanuary 9, 2018
Spectrum brands wages are decent.. Enviroment is ok staff members are friendly. Only thing i did not like about this Employer was the changing of Work hrs and there was little notice given.
Cons
Poor commuinication between management and production
Good place to work with nice environment
Compounder (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJanuary 7, 2018
It was a solid company for anyone willing to put in a decent effort. People were nice, and all you had to do was exactly what you agreed to do upon hiring: Your job.
Awesome Company
Coordinator (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KSJanuary 4, 2018
Great company very safety focused and organized. Management team is focused on engagement and assisting those that want to advance.

While I did not have issue with the attendance policy it's not open for debate no matter the issue. I did not miss work so this was not an issue for me. This policy could have been adjusted to be a bit more human. However it was fairly applied in all cases.

Many staff members and management team were relocated and have lots of Spectrum experience. They were still establishing KPI's and standards. I have no doubt this will be a successful CDC.
Pros
Lots of employee events, great leadership
Cons
Start-Up turnover, changing policy
Fun work place with free pop corn, tea, and coffee
General Accountant, General Ledger Accounting (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CADecember 31, 2017
I think Spectrum Brand is a good place to work. You can wear jean to work everyday, employee discount, free tea and coffee everyday. On the other hand, you have to close in 3 days, it's a little stressful.
Pros
Free popcorn, tea, and coffee
Cons
A little bit far way to commute
Fast paced
Loads truck for Industrial-Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 28, 2017
This was a fast paced work environment. It definitely kept me in shape. I enjoy the work environment, people came to work to do their jobs, and kept it strictly professional.
Its faced paced but yhe people are awesome
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VADecember 27, 2017
If things don't work out in florida for me I am coming back..to work for spectrum brands the hardest job is the small tiny.. the people are awesome the q+a people are geat.. management are easy to talk to
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Hardwork at times
Little job security
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIDecember 27, 2017
Constantly shifting management and abundance of temp employees make the culture feel unstable. Work environment is comfortable but unpredictable. Managers do the best they can but top level bosses have zero idea what actually happens with their employees.
Warehouse position
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KSDecember 22, 2017
Poor management from the top all the way to the lowest level lead. Lots of favoritism going on. Would not recommend this place of employment to anyone.
Pros
non
Cons
Poor management
Water Balloon tossing
Distribution Lead (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CADecember 19, 2017
Shipping 1.5 million between both shifts. Giving recognition of accomplishment. Supervisor engaging with employees. Lot of respect. Call off. Rewards.
Pros
Providing Popcorn, Popsicle's, Gatorade, Games
Cons
Overtime
Excessive hours
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSDecember 12, 2017
Worked 70+ hours per week for months, with no end in sight. Management was very green across the board. Little too no training, with expectation that things "have" to go out, with no direction on how to get them out.
mess up checks
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Gardner, KSDecember 4, 2017
they mess peoples check up all the time its something different every week and the you have to wait to get your other money and get doubled taxed and that need to stop
Y’all rushed the start up
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KSNovember 20, 2017
It was ok I was tired of the management and the lack of knowledge they carried most of them never even spent a day on the floor and never even touched the product before receiving their white vist then y’all went to 10 hr days that really killed me it was ok I wished it was started up different an I didn’t blow my opportunity but I lost moral an gave up hope my job became to stressful an I am very young so I decided to leave
Cons
We worked every major holiday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Brands. Our community is ready to answer.