Spectrum Brands Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great culture
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2018
Overall the company has a great culture, however salary and compensation is typically under the market average. the work/life balance is great and they have other strong benefits to offer, unfortunately the company is going in the wrong direction recently as leadership has been making some strategic decisions that have not been favorable for growth.
hard work with flexible schedule
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 30, 2018
It is a good job, but right now this is a seasonal position.
Flexible work schedule and good management, very low keyed
Hard work with lots of lifting and time management is required.
Pros
monday to friday
Cons
seasonal
best part of day at work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJuly 19, 2018
One of the best part of my day at work was lunch time we had an additional break and catering from lee's chicken also i was offered a management position one of the best days at work.
Pros
reasonable lunch break
Cons
short pay
A lot of work but it was great. If only I was a better communicator
Seasonal Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 16, 2018
This was a part time summer job and my first ever job. A typical day was going to a list of stores ensuring the product we managed was in stock and on the floor, then moving on to the next store. There was a lot of driving but we were compensated for it. A lot of work for someone who never worked before. My only regret is not being social enough to pull off talking to customers interested in the product.
Pros
Great Pay
No real teamwork - terrible atmosphere
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dixon, ILJuly 9, 2018
This is an extremely hard company to work for. The management of this facility has a real problem with being honest. I do not believe I am ever being told the truth. Favoritism is terrible in the plant. The bosses have their pets and the pets can do no wrong. People are talked down too and ridiculed openly and no one in management will do anything to stop it. In fact it appears management fosters it. No real team work. It seems as if 90% of the employees who work for this facility, care about themselves only, and nothing else. Terrible atmosphere I leave feeling defeated almost daily. I am currently looking for another job. I am normally a very upbeat and friendly person. This place makes me sick. Working here is a step backwards in the evolutionary scale of my employment history. I will always regret accepting this job
Pros
It is a pay check - benefits are ok
Cons
No thanks and no praise ever
Spectrum Brands- Blacksburg, Va
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJuly 6, 2018
I worked full time for 2 years, never got even a merit raise-despite asking repeatedly. I never got a job evaluation, and they wanted me to assume more responsibility for only 10 cents more an hour. I had no benefits, no vacation, and seemingly the way they did things changed on almost daily basis. I did not have any after hour relationships with co-workers, nor did I stay in touch with any of them.
Pros
3 breaks per day
Cons
lack of communication.
Great pay
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 28, 2018
It was fun working at Spectrum Brands. I loved it until our new supervisor came along. I tried to get on her good side but it’s always a fight with her.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Poor management
Set-Up Technician (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJune 28, 2018
Good place to work wish I was still there tbh great benefits 401k all that good stuff. People on night shift on chemical are like a great big happy family everyone was very nice and welcoming.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Not good if your having family issues
prductivite
wearhouse worker (Current Employee) –  Edgerton, KSJune 24, 2018
good worker in this wearhouse with different workers and different positions of work in site i never be late for my work and we finish work on time all days
Inspired and Dedicated
Senior Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 8, 2018
The Spectrum team is passionate about their work and dedicated to making the workplace better all while driving towards the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Summary of spectrum
Case Picker (Current Employee) –  Gardner, KSJune 4, 2018
Long hours mandatory 50-60 because backlog is to high not enough work-family time. Would not recommend working here they have unrealistic goals and inventory is such a mess
Growth
Operational Engineer (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 1, 2018
Every company will go through their ups and downs I tell everyone I will stay quiet because everyone has their own opinions. But everyone needs a job.
Excellent place to work
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 1, 2018
Working a Spectrum was an excellent experience, with room to grow and develop. Work ambiance balance life goal and career goals. Direct management did good job at motivating work force
Horrible place
Loader (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMay 29, 2018
No AC, long days with last minute overtime being mandatory. No room for growth. Supervisors were harrassing. No accountability at workplace. Several layofsfs
Forklift Driver/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 29, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company because they had a lot of benefits. They prioritize safety over production. I felt very comfortable working there. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Benefits and safety.
Contractor
Accounts Payable Specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIMay 28, 2018
Was a nice place to work as a contractor
Pay for employees is low for the job. Left for a company that provided better pay.
Liked the people I worked with.
Pros
popcorn
Cons
pay
Okay
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2018
It’s okay to work if you can stand hot environments. Be flexible to learn different positions. There’s no set pay for jobs, everyone does everything!!
It was a pretty nice environment considered I worked night shift
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2018
Spectrum brand was a very nice and interesting place to work at we basically unloaded 18 wheelers by hand but I think that was just by choice when we was bored the people you work with was very friendly so was the management
Pros
Night shift was cooler and maybe less drama
Cons
Sometimes we didn't get paid when we were supposed to
Great Employer
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXMay 7, 2018
Great job, yes you have daily targets to meet and they are very achievable. You are given more than enough support to accomplish anything you may desire.
Employee
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIMay 7, 2018
There is no employee retention and employees are not valued. Management receives high bonuses and merit increases while workers do not receive bonuses and merit increases do not cover cost of insurance increases.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight