Spectrum Field Services Employee Reviews

Review
Contactor (Former Employee) –  They are in Utah and i am in Minnesota.August 14, 2019
Everyone that works at Spectrum are so nice and easy to work with.
I wish I could have continued working with them. They were very helpful with any questions or concerns that I may have had.
Great, stable company
Vice President, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2019
Spectrum Field Services has been in business for over 30 years and it shows. It has been run by the same people for all that time and has a really good reputation in its industries, which means jobs are stable and people enjoy working here. The pay isn't amazing, but the security and flexibility make up for it. Ownership treats employees as family and works with and teaches us when we make mistakes. They really care about us.
Was a great company but after merging it has declined substantially
AM Regional Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84115February 11, 2019
This was a great company to work for however after merging it has declined substantially, very stressful job as the industry is suffering at the moment.
Pros
work hours are flexible
Cons
no advancement, no security, no loyalty
Overall a nice company with a bunch of scandalous workers no wonder they went under. Lack of communication and no consistency
Property preservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 20, 2018
The owners of spectrum are very nice folks they cared about their employees. The employees however or backstabbing gossiping individuals that were in clicks and very unprofessional because of the lack of their work we got laid off. often times the vendors would quit before they ever got paid and it seemed it was like pulling teeth to get the vendors paid
Awesome place to work, teaches you about customer support.
Specialty Inspection Follow up Coordinator (Former Employee) –  220 E Morris Ave # 400, Salt Lake City, UT 84115July 23, 2018
Spectrum Field services was an amazing place to work, it taught me about customer service and support roles, and it taught me patience. I had an excellent supervisor and manager, and I loved learning from them about the business.
Pros
Flexible with schedule.
Cons
No room for advancement.
overall, I enjoyed working there.
Accounts Receivables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 18, 2018
I really liked the people I worked for. The CEO and His wife were really nice, and there were a lot of company sponsored activities. and there were benefits for full-time workers.
Pros
Good people to work for
Part-Time concession stands (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 12, 2018
It is very productive area to work at if you like baseball and enjoy working with a group of people who like to come together. To help each other out if there is a need of assistance. You are always learning something about the job whether it is learning how to prepare meals, or learning the register or pouring beer. It is a great experience if you are looking for meeting new people and enjoying and working for a place. Where you feel like you can relax and have fun as well as getting a discount at the store if you chose to shop.
Pros
Free Lunches, able to watch games for free, interact with upper management and former baseball players
Cons
short breaks, short amount of time of being able to work due to games
This job is right for certain people
Training and Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 28, 2017
This is a great place to work. I enjoyed it very much and would recommend it to anyone who is searching for a rewarding and satisfying place of employment.
Decent Steady Job
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 12, 2017
The most enjoyable thing about this job was how relaxed it all was. There were some moments of stress but not many.

Only issue I would say is that sometimes they ask their employees to do more than their job description and do not compensate/promote those who go above and beyond. It's more of a popularity contest.
If you NEED a job
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2017
VERY slow paced, time went by slow, pay sucked. However people are nice and friendly to work with. Cheap lunches, not a micromanaged company. Had higher hopes.
Great Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 30, 2017
A typical day at work included: answering phones, helping other departments, light cleaning, scheduling and organizing.

Learned about importance of communication and making sure to always keeping busy.

Management could be difficult to work with, but generally it was good.

Everyone worked super hard. Everyone got along with each other as well. We celebrated birthdays at the end of the month. We had parties at the end of each month.

Hardest part of the job was finding things to do. Easiest part was answering phones.
Great place to work :)
REGION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 27, 2017
I've been here for almost two years and i have nothing bad to say about this place. Family owned business who know's this business like no other. People are nice and the environment is chill.
Average
Quality Control Processor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84115June 1, 2017
Mandatory overtime every 2 weeks. The supervisor was not the best but other people were friendly. Benefits take 90 days to kick in. It is okay but does not pay enough.
Owners are great people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 20, 2017
Like any other company this company has its pros and cons. Some days are really really busy and some days are very very slow. The one thing that is constant in this industry is change.
Fun and exciting
Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2017
Spectrum is an awesome place to work, the people are understanding and respectful. Management is always willing to work with you whenever it comes to scheduling and personal issues. The hardest part of my job is having to clock out at the end of the day, because it's such an awesome place to be.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time
Cons
no growth
Family owned business - The best owners
Region Coordinator to Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 27, 2012
This company was a joy to work for. Family owned buiness, wonderulf office personnel and employees. Worked from office and then from home when I moved back to Ohio. Not a bad thing about this company at all. The only reason i left was to become an inspector and venture out on my own.
Pros
great, stress free place to work
Cons
can't think of one
A great place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 13, 2012
Starting here with no office experiance as a region coordinator and moving up to a team lead in less than 3 years shows that I was given the best oppertunities as long as I was willing to take them.

Starting here with no office experience as a Region Coordinator and moving up to a Team Lead in less than 3 years shows that I was given the best opportunities as long as I was willing to take them. The company has been in business for over 20 years. Family owned and operated, this was a pro and a con as family will always come first, even at work.
The diverse people at the company make it worth working there. Having the opportunity to work in the Asset Management Department showed me what is was like to really be a Team Lead, not just a glorified Region Coordinator as the other departments work. I was taught how to manage not just assign tasks.
Pros
flexibility, family friendly
Cons
high priced healthcare with no vision benefits
Family owned business
Region Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityJuly 3, 2012
Add new work orders from client
Upload photos/documents pertaining to specific work orders to the document

management system
Follow up with contractors for a status update

Complete work orders daily

Contact client with status updates

QC Coordinator Level II

Receive Property Incident Report (PIR) from client
Investigate incident using past work orders
If necessary create a new work order based on PIR to correct problem and complete
work order when contractor finishes work
If necessary contact client to let them know the problem was not Spectrum’s mistake
Receive quality control reports from brokers and evaluate them
If necessary create new work order based on report to correct problem and complete
work order when contractor finishes work
Run the Initial Services to Inspect Report each week and send inspectors to 5% of
complete work orders
Assist Vendor Department with cold calls to find new contractors/inspectors
Assist with hiring vendors
Take on-call phone on assigned weekends and provide services to clients/contractors

Team Lead in Training

Provide topics/discussions for training purposes during team meetings
Conduct team meetings when team lead is out of the office
Assist with time sheets/personnel issues

Vendor Coordinator

Provide information to potential contractors
Add application to both the 2.0 and 3.0 versions of the website
Assist others with cold calls
Assist in hiring new contractors and inspectors