Spectrum Health Care Employee Reviews

Community Health Worker II-Core Health (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 15, 2018
I loved working and growing with spectrum.Spectrum Health gave me the foundation needed to know my career path.Management was fabulous, mentorship from management was amazing.
Pros
Very fair and push you to your full potential
Cons
That im not there anylonger
the company went bankrupt
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ansonia, CTJuly 1, 2018
I worked there for over 20 years. I was a great place for the first 15. then the company started have financial problems. Closed the facility. I was part of the start up and closing of the building
Pros
close to home
Cons
stressful last 5 yrs
Spectrum health-working in PSR Resource medical group
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 30, 2018
Working as a resource PSR (patient service representative) I got paid more to be flexible and be able to work at any spectrum health facility. The down side is even though I worked full time, I didn't receive benefits because of the pay incentive. A perk though is being able to make my own schedule so i can go down to part time if i wanted, but i scheduled my self five days a week to pay the bills. Its an easy job thays flexible and paid well. A great job to work while out of school, I will sadly be leaving spectrum to start school full time.
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy work, get to meet new people, holidays and weekends off, great pay
Cons
short lunches, travel can be a hassle, on call days, no benefits like PTO
Negative workplace and no advancement
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAJune 29, 2018
Fast pace and fun with the clients but staff wise staff in constant bickering, if you aren't of same ethnicity you may not get to further your career, clients make job entertaining, management doesn't take job serious so numerous staff are always late to their shift by usually 15-30min no corrective actions are taken ever.
Pros
free lunches
Shmg
Clinical Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 25, 2018
SHMG can be a great place when all co-workers work together to complete a task. I recently had to make a change to a Specialty office and would rather go back to Internal Medicine where I feel like in a bigger group of office people can be held accountable for their actions and in a small office no one is held accountable. Hoping to find something suitable for my needs and personality.
Pros
Annual bonuses, lunches, outings
Cons
Minimum Management
Exellent place to work
Tradesman HVAC (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 19, 2018
Worked operating and maintaining HVACR equipment, attending patient call, resolving alarms status on building automation systems. Learned many different skills enjoying working with co workers and an excellent place to work.
Pleasant place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 16, 2018
Spectrum Health provides quality healthcare to the community. Proud to be a staff member at a prestigious organization.
My manager was fair and treated staff with respect.
Great opportunity for experience
LPN/MA (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 12, 2018
Spectrum was a great place for me to experience a wide range of nursing skills. Some areas are focused and followed through on the patient. Other areas are not.
Pros
Great insurance benefits
Cons
Managment is limited to what they are able to do.
Great place to get started in the field
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hawkinsville, GAJune 2, 2018
I really learned alot about substance abuse counseling and it helped me be prepared for my next job.This position along with the case load helps you to see just how to document and to be prepared for anything.
wanted to save money
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 31, 2018
didn't care about the veterans. only wanted them to come for one visit a year. saw them more loss money.
Fired a doctor because he cared too much and saved the life of a few patients by bringing them in more than once a year
Pros
Cons
everything
Program no longer exsists
Therapeutic Program Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 30, 2018
Program no longer exists. It was a well intentioned program to rehabilitate inmates who have issues with drugs as well as mental health issues. Program was run out at the Tennessee Prison for Women.
Your just a number vs a Name
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 14, 2018
I loved working there at the beginning because of helping employees with biometrics and Immunizations. I would run regional areas, and set them up with little or no min supervision.
Pros
loved doing my job
Cons
Pay raises, management doesn't answer emails
Good Part Time Job
DC1 / Advocate / Counselor (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MA 01844May 12, 2018
This job, does not pay great, but it is great for anyone looking for some extra cash as they are very flexible. Full time benefits are excellent. Paid time off is great.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Stressful Boot Camp Environment
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hardwick, GAMay 11, 2018
March inmates for inspection, facilitate group sessions and classes, AA meetings in the afternoons. Documentation of inmate files and individual records. Most enjoyable part of the day when you felt like you actually reached at least one person who would probably benefit from the person and use strategies upon release that would keep them off the street and off drugs. The hardest part sometimes was keeping order or initially gaining respect of the inmates.
Pros
Helping people see that they can change
Cons
Being locked up with the inmates in extremely hot and small spaces
Well dressed and Observant
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAMay 11, 2018
When I arrive at work I would gather all my paperwork I would need for the day. I would also help the clients with their day to day needs. I'm also in charge of transporting the clients that are working to and from work.
Fast Paced
Patient Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 7, 2018
Day to day is repetitive but the clients keep you on your toes. Depending on the department you work in, it's an unpredictable atmosphere. The employees are very nice.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Non-profit
Chemical Dependency Professional
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WAMay 6, 2018
I am a contracted position for DOC. This is my second contract and things got worse management wise. But the pay did increase and the health care went way down. I have a union with the company and that has been a saving factor.
Pros
Pay
Great Workplace
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 30, 2018
Loved the environment, management, co workers, and schedules. The meetings were interesting and the bonuses were fair. I really appreciated everyone I worked with.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
N/a
blah
Receptionist Secretary (Former Employee) –  Camp Verde, AZApril 24, 2018
not a good place to work unless you belong to a click or are a favorite. they underpay you but except you to do what a higher paid person would do. managment had there favorite groups and people.
okay
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIApril 17, 2018
what i do like about working at spectrum is that the job is easy it's like being at home i cook, clean , and take care of my consumers and i'm done with them i can relax and put up their things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight