Spectrum Health Employee Reviews

Great Company
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 21, 2019
Leaders don't micromanage - they empower you.
Multiple opportunities for growth between the medical group, hospital and Priority Health.
Tuition reimbursement, masters program and leadership training
Not Great
Biller (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 18, 2019
Terrible management. Raises every year are lest than .02%. They have terrible turnover and end up hiring a whole bunch a temps which makes the workflow harder.
You are just a number
Busy Bee (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 16, 2019
Great staff, however there was absolutely no appreciation from upper management. Spectrum hires underqualified managers to lead teams and then wonder why satisfaction scores are low. Development opportunities are non-existent and you better watch out if you dont fit in to the "click" management circle. I really expected more from West Michigans largest hospital system. Stay away from this hospital. You are just a number and you will be treated as such.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Poor Leadership, unqualified management, no opportunities for advancement
culture
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI 49501March 11, 2019
it's a great culture. I like my co-workers and we all work together great. positive and outgoing culture with good feedback from supervisors/managers.
I did x-rays and drug screens
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 9, 2019
The job was a good starter job. I performed multiple daily tasks from x-raying patients to doing employer drug screens, hair samples, urine tests, etc.. I enjoyed my manager and the employees I worked with.
Pros
Fun, low stress.
Cons
low hourly
Very flexible
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 7, 2019
Flexibility is amazing. Enjoy the team I work with. I work here because I enjoy the participating in the overall outcome for the patients and their families.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 3, 2019
Absolutely loved working at the hospital. The staff is great to work with and working with patients is incredibly rewarding. There is plenty of ways to advance and change your career. Love everything about this job except the hours. The position I had required nights and with a family I could not work them anymore.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, staff
Cons
Hours include nights and weekends
progressive
RN (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 1, 2019
Spectrum Health strives to provide quality and compassionate care for their patients. For the most part, it's a pretty good place to work. Like any large corporation, it has it's strong points and it's flaws by there is consistency in always trying to do the right thing
Great core values and opportunities.
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Fremont, MIMarch 1, 2019
I have been associated with Spectrum Health for approximately 20 years; it's been an exciting and rewarding career. I've had the opportunity to work in HIS and EVS, growing and gaining skill base in each area.
A good employer with great benefits.
Nurse Aide II (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 26, 2019
The unit I worked on was very busy, very interesting. I enjoyed the job and the patients, staff, and management.
While there were times when we were short-staffed, the team kept professional, pulled staff from other units, sent patients to a other units, or called in staff to assist and receive over-time.
Pros
Every so often there were potlucks, pizza parties, etc.
Cons
Would have preferred not to have learn the telemetry room and work in there.
Great place to work, learn, and grow.
Environmental Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 22, 2019
I loved working here... definitely plan to go back. People were great, mission was great, and the organization provided me with everything I needed. I have never worked for a company that was so focused on my development.
Great Place to Work
Sr. CloudOps System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 19, 2019
Work was steady and enjoyable.
Learned a lot about Cloud Infrastructure.
Management was great to work with.
Working with other Elite Technical Professionals.
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 18, 2019
I am a satisfied employee, I feel they treat everyone fairly. Insurance could be better, but it is not horrible. Management is pretty available to all.
RN General Pediatrics Unit
Registered Nurse, Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 17, 2019
An excellent health system to work for. They are very knowledgable with the pediatric population. Working together as a team was my favorite part of my job. Management was very supportive and awesome. I loved the scheduling process.
Pros
providing care to pediatric patients and families
Driven work environment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 16, 2019
Over 1000 employees both full time, part time and salary positions. Biweekly payroll. Payroll system was very manual due to entry of time sheets. Was in the middle of training for a new payroll system when I was let go.
Pros
short walk to many lunch places. Coffee and hot chocolate always available in the kitchen area
Cons
Upper management turned over frequently
Great Company
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 15, 2019
Company that takes care of their employees while also providing ample room to move and gain knowledge in other areas. Upper management is dedicated to helping employees succeed!
Started out fun and enjoyable but later was stressful be cause of being constantly under staffed
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 14, 2019
Management needs serious improvement, never around but I guess that’s why they are salary and can work from home. Seriously over worked and no one cares. Pay not great, heard Mercy pays better.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Over worked and under staffed
Good pharmacy department
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 13, 2019
Working in the pharmacy department at Blodgett Hospital is very rewarding. Everyone there is very welcoming and willing to teach. It is however, currently understaffed and is actively hiring due to this. The doctors are VERY pharmacy friendly and there are rounding positions for pharmacists. Overall it is a good place to work.
I've been employeed by Spectrum for 8 years
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 11, 2019
Overall, Spectrum has been a good employer to work for and I am proud to say that I am a part of the Spectrum Health Care team. The shifts are long, 13 hours and it is mandatory to work every 3rd weekend.
Unrealistic workload
Clinical Nurse Supervisor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 10, 2019
The Supervisors were also Case Managers and QA. We were expected to be on the road seeing patients, but also available to staff at all times, do field evaluations, yearly performance reviews, assist in skills training, IDM's, QA meetings and research/documentation of patient occurrences. We were oncall monthly, 24/7. There were simply not enough hours in the day.
Pros
Coworkers, direct manager were great people
Cons
pay, unrealistic expections of job duties, We literally had 3 job titles but the pay did not refelct this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight