Spectrum Healthcare Resources Employee Reviews

Interesting
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2019
Interesting job, you get to learn about many different agencies.
I found the director to be helpful and resourceful.
I wish the job offered health benefits.
Independent contractor
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOApril 7, 2019
It's contract work where the goal is to spend the least amount of money and provide the cheapest service. Every day could be your last. You never knew if you'd have a job month to month. Insurance was ridiculously priced.
Pros
Pay was moderate
Cons
Short staffed all the time. Mandatory OT.
Do Not Trust Them!!!
Task Force True North LCSW (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 4, 2019
They are not supportive of employees, not honest, and do not care about retention of employees. They do not respond to problems at work or concerns about other employees. They are dismissive and shady. All the contractors I know are looking for other jobs.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Expensive benefits
I know for a FACT that our base will NEVER award this circus a contract again.
Circus Clown (Current Employee) –  Greater New York areaOctober 18, 2018
Contractors' salaries are cut significantly and the company's employees benefit from it. The funny part is, they think the contractors have no idea. It's almost funny.
Cons
You have to pay people. Your going to lose everyone.
Love it
Confidential (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2018
Love the company, we have a lot of fun in the office and the office is laid back and everyone gets along and can be very helpful. Some departments has flex time.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Salary
Good company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COMay 3, 2018
After getting out the military, Spectrum HR was very helpful with securing a job at the military hospital for me as civilian contractor. As well they assisted in transferring me to another position in the city my family was moving to.
Excellent for medical job placement
Histotechnician (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXMarch 1, 2018
They really worked with me to find something that fit my needs. When we had the unfortunate surprise announcement from the US Army that all positions were terminated due to people returning, they worked hard to find me a replacement job within my town immediately.
Horrible experience
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOFebruary 28, 2018
They don’t want you to talk to any other contractors or the military. They tell you not to practice out of your credentialed but you can be dumped into other departments. They do not even know where employees are being put or what the departments are at the base. Why anyone would want to work as a contractor is beyond me. Never again will I do this. They don’t tell you that the benefits will cost 1200+ per month.
opportunity for new nurses and mid career
Occupational Health Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2018
variety
opportunity to grow
opportunity to advance

great occupational health experience at all levels - federal and private sectors.

work with a variety of professionals.

learn a great deal clinically and administratevily
Pros
variety
Cons
pay is not up to quality and credentials of the Nurses they hire
Review
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MNJanuary 17, 2018
Poor management and the company does not look out for your best interest. Lets just say if you have a voice then this is not the company that you want to work with because you will not be heard. Pay is good but truly not worth the head aches that will come from working there under this management. The people there are nice and friendly but don't get it twisted!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Supervisor/micromanagers!
Non micromanaged environment
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 5, 2018
I really enjoy my job due to the work environment as there is no micro management. I enjoy this as I am allowed to work effectively and I am trusted to do my job. This is very important to me.
no pay increase and have worked there 2 years
RN Civilian Contract Nurse (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJanuary 5, 2018
I have been working for Spectrum for 2 years and have not received a pay increase.
I do not want to talk about this company. I feel what I said above is sufficient enough.
Pros
40 hours/week/Holiday and most weekends off
Cons
No pay increase
Worked for a military organization
LPN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2017
I worked for Wilford Hall Medical Center at Lackland Air Force base in San Antonio, TX. I loved it. Management was available if needed, but it was the military personal that was great to work with and who I went to if I needed anything.
Great job after military service
Medical Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mike o’callahan federal hospitalNovember 28, 2017
It was my main job after my military enlistment ended. This was a transitional job from military right over Into the civilian world. So I was familiar with the expectations of my job, just now as a Civilian staff members.
Agency placed Labor and Delivery RN
Clinical Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 17, 2017
8 or 12 hour shifts
Positive working environment in the hospital that I was placed at.
Sometimes hard to communicate with management as they were not available within the hospital.
Most enjoyable part of the job were the Doctor's and fellow nurses that I worked with along with the patients and their families.
Decent work place
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed working for Spectrum and wish I could go back now that I am moving back to Hawaii. They had some employees who were not team players but management was helpful in resolving those issues.
Interesting
Occupational Health Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2017
Involves walk-in care and pre-employment and incumbent assessments for a variety of federal agencies. Equipment used: audiometry, Cholestech, Spirometry, EKG, lab draws, Vision exams, and Vital signs.
Pros
Regular weekday hours
Cons
cannot carry over vacation days from year to year, Physical Exams are a lot of paperwork and details to follow.
Ok company to work for
Referral Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davis-Monthan AFB, AZFebruary 6, 2017
No interaction with employees at all. Where I worked was on an Air Force Base and you were forced to take extra time off because the Air Force wanted an extra day off after holidays. It added up to 40 hours a year you had to save to get paid for the extra day off, other wise you had to take it without pay or use the 3 hours you earned per pay period. When a supervisor asked if some of us Spectrum contractors could work on the extra days off, we were told no. You feel all alone in your job. When I submitted my resignation recently, no interaction from Spectrum. They posted my job a couple of days later even though they have lost the contract at that place.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
No interaction from Spectrum
Not a good employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2017
Spectrum Healthcare does not care about their contractor employees, it is all about the almighty dollar for them. They do not do work site visits when an employee is having problems with an on site manager. They feel that you as a contractor do not have a say, if you get talked to about something you did wrong they take the employers say over your say no matter what. You are treated as a warm body to fill a chair and that is it, you are expected to do what the job no matter if it is legal or not. The only thing I learned from this company is that you do not want to work for them as a contractor. You are pond scum and that is it, unless you do something that they feel is wrong then you have no one to back you up you take the punishment as your own,I worked on the same base for 10 years and the last five were with Spectrum Healthcare and everyone I talked to about this company had the same opinion, they are not for the employees only to line their pockets with Government money. THEY SUCK
Pros
you get a pay check at the end of 80hours
Cons
they make you do things as an employee that are not legal
Great company
Staff Nurse PRN, Medical/Telemetry (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 25, 2016
I was placed on a telemetry floor that was totally staffed. Actually they were overstaffed which made your day so much easier than most hospital environments.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
great benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Healthcare Resources. Our community is ready to answer.