Spectrum Human Services Employee Reviews

Good company to work for.
Senior Housing Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 18, 2018
I enjoy working with people, and Spectrum cares about their clients. I feel everybody deserves a chance at a good life. I am paid a good salary and work for a great company. Spectrum gives their employees opportunities to work in different departments and therefore gain experience in different areas.
Excellent place to work
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYApril 13, 2018
I have worked at Spectrum for a little under a year and I am so happy I chose this place for employment. The flexibility, and the environment is amazing. I could not ask for a better work place, everyone is so friendly. The benefits are amazing and extremely affordable.
Pros
flexibility, Pto, health benefits
Rewarding place
Front Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, NYApril 12, 2018
Rewarding place to work. Mental Health and Chemical Dependency outpatient treatment facility. Seeing the turn around of the patients was incredibly rewarding. My mangaer was amazing, she was fair and wonderful to work for.
Pros
Patients
at risk youth
Assistant House Manager (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMarch 19, 2018
spectrum is a good company for at risk youth. they provide many opportunities for them. work days there is always busy the hardest part was not being able to do more for the children
Pros
helping children
Fast paced
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMarch 13, 2018
Busy office, great people, learned a lot about outpatient services that are offered to the community. Customer services skills were polished up at this agency.
Dump
Health Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2018
The management doesn't care about you or work related concerns. The company and departments are nothing more than a clique. If the clique feels that you don't fit in, forget it. You have to be a puppet, group think.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Great Opportunities
VICE PRESIDENT HUMAN RESOURCES & TRAINING (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIFebruary 9, 2018
Spectrum is a great place to work! I have enjoyed a long career and worked with people who are truly vested in the mission of helping individuals, children and families reach their highest potential.
Pros
Solid benefits, Mission focused and dedicated to providing great services
Starts great ends mediocre
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Was a great company till CEO and supporting staff changed. When I first started @ Spectrum it was all about the staff, and the turn over was incredibly low. By the end of my time there it was all about the money and growing the company far to quickly. Employee turn over became crazy, constantly new staff and old staff leaving for other jobs outside of the company.
You’ve got to be kidding
Central Intake Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Coworkers? Great. Work/life balance? Decent. Opportunities for advancement? Awful. Management? Terrible.

This company will drain extra work out of you all the time and will refuse to compensate you fairly for it or give you opportunities for advancement. There are even times when you will have to train someone who is in a higher position than you. They will work you to the bone and become upset at the smallest things. They continuously complain that they do not have enough staff to meet client demand, but they do not respect their employees at all. They hire from the outside way too much and do not give their employees opportunities to advance within the company.
Stay away. Stay very far away.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, management, no advancement
Friendly
Program Manager/Chemical Dependency Clinician (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NY, West Seneca, NY, Warsaw, NYDecember 18, 2017
Too busy. Not enough time in the day. Management tries to support employees, but it is too hard because there is too much going on. Everybody drowns. It is not fair.
Pros
Decent benefits/good experience
Cons
Too busy
Great
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 26, 2017
Great Place to work. Supportive staff need more procedures. The atmosphere is laid back and the culture is great/ The people are open to assist with questions.
Working with Youth: Great; Staff/Management not So Great
Youth Resident Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Westland, MINovember 16, 2017
Spectrum's community for mothering teens and their babies was located at a home and was pretty much a relaxed environment. During the daily flow of school, appointments, etc., things couldn't have flowed more smoothly on my shift, as I had a good rapport with the residents that came in and out of Spectrum. I enjoyed the girls and their babies and I pray that I made at least one good, lasting, impression on at least one youth.
Management, however, is unprofessional, to say the least. Although the job is fairly easy, their have been some major, unprofessional and dangerous mishaps on part of staff members that have been allowed to stay because of their familial ties within the company.
There have been blatant attempts to sabotage career advancement by people in management, despite their encouragement to your face. It is not a good career place, in my opinion, however, if you're passionate about working with and helping at-risk youth, then this is a good place to start trying to change some (young) minds.
Pros
clients
Cons
staff/management
Fresh out of school.
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 1, 2017
My first accounting job fresh out of school. Great place to work and friendly people. Don't know much about the company now but, based on prior experience, wouldn't mind working for the company now or in future.
Slow Paced
Activity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIAugust 21, 2017
Made monthly reports, helped team members with documentation, supervised documentation of peers, made activity schedules, took patients to appointments, medication documentation, scheduled outings, daily documentation, cleaned, laundry, gave patients medications, checked behind medication passer, prepared meals, sat in on manager meetings, helped prepare for audits, participated in audits.
Pros
slow paced, more one on one
Cons
low pay
Good Place to work if you want flexibility
Per-Diem Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 6, 2017
I feel that they should be promoting more from within and offering more opportunities for training. I loved working there in the beginning but now feel less enthusiastic about it.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
no opportunities for advancement
Productive work place, love working with the juvenile girls
Group Home Worker (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 26, 2017
Spectrum was a calm work place, there was room for advancement. Working with the young ladies teaching them how to grow into respectable women was my main focus. If my car hadn't broke down , I would still be working at Spectrum Human Services........
Benefits
Cons
Need more pay
great place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 2, 2017
I worked / Interned at the 1280 Main Street location and felt very welcomed by most employees who were eager to teach the students. On my very first day, I was given an individual to work with who was dealing with many problems. At first, I was thinking "OH NO!", but I was able to jump right in and handle everything dropped on me and was able to help and it left me with a great feeling of accomplishment. I found it to be a very positive experience. Even the individuals server were very welcoming and friendly for the most part. If given the opportunity to go back and work here I would. I would also urge other students/interns to take the learning opportunity if they are offered it. It was difficult to create a good bond with an individual and see them doing so well to find out that they had a major relapse, but seeing them come back to treatment as well as seeing them and others graduate the program made it all worth it. I personally am from a small town so going to Buffalo was a major eye opening experience.
Worst career move
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2017
Worked at 1280 main for several years. No room for growth. All about the money and numbers. The management will turn around and throw you under the bus, not even thinking twice. Parking for 20 people and had triple that in staff. Program director had favorites and promoted those only. Super disorganized and put too many people in offices. There was no concern for staff safety. A client brought a gun into the facility, pointing it at a staff member and NOTHING was done. Another client took a hammer to the front office window. Guess what happened- NOTHING! If you value your safety and morals, stay away.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Safety was a joke, parking, pay
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, MIApril 30, 2017
Working Spectrum has given me many new skills but it is hard to be promote within the company. The clients I work with are easy to handle but when the client is provoke they become unruly and very aggressive. I have been trained in conflict resolution and anger management strategies.
Low pay but decent job
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  BuffaloFebruary 6, 2017
I really enjoyed this job but the pay is very low. Loved the coworkers and immediate supervisors. Very little room for advancement in administration field.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Low Salary