Spectrum Human Services

Spectrum Human Services Employee Reviews

United States15 reviews
Supportive Agency
The company as a whole was very supportive for the employess and individuals they provide services to.
Senior Management was extremely knowledgeable and resourceful.
Amazing company
This company has been really good to me. I have had some health issues and they have been so caring and compassionate. There are not many places that you will find with this many employees that the assistant CEO will take the time to email you thanking you for what you do and letting you know your appreciated. I have had such great supportive supervisors and co workers since day 1.
Stressful
The pay wasn't great (even for the field), the job was beyond stressful with unrealistic expectations, upper management was beyond unorganized and had questionable ethics. If you want a job bogged down with paperwork that isn't client centere the right place for you! My coworkers and direct manager were the only things keeping me there.
Good
It is a fun environment to work. Everyone is respectful to each other. They is not fighting or argument but team work. The only problem is there is not time flexibility.
Work related ....
The residents are great. Benefits okay, you get discounts on stuff like apple, phone carries, coworkers are easy to get along with. They Work with your schedule!
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Cheap
Don’t believe in giving raises to those that really do there work. Good workers that work late hours and make sure that there work is done are never recognized. Enjoy working with the public they don’t pay you for all the work and sacrifices you make to make sure your clients are taking care of.
Good stepping stone for experience
I have enjoyed the last few years at Spectrum. The hours are flexible and you are not chained to a desk all day. The work is never monotonous and your voice matters if there is an issue. Mostly everyone in my department is helpful and are team players.
The downside is that i haven't gotten a raise in the last 3 years ive been here. My caseload is high and the work demands are draining sometimes. You are constantly driving so the wear and tear of driving to see 50 people per month is expensive.
I have no animosity. The in charge people have to deal with staffing- even though I realized some staff with longevity should not have been kept in th
It's cut throat. Crabs pulling down each other to reach the top. Inevitably, you still fall to bottom of nowhere! People you trust turn on you for advancement of themselves- even though they are the people who you are supposed to express your concerns.
My experience was an aweful one as a woman and professional of color.
I worked as a Care coordinator, Health home Care Coordinator and Re-Entry Care Coordinator for 8 and a half years. It was like being in high school all over again.
Pros
Cons
1.Too many.
Meaningful place to start but changed
It doesn't have the reputation it used to. Management are not as involved with clients and employment has become more of a swinging door rather than having long term staff. Management seems to be putting employee satisfaction as a very low priority and providing less job security.
Pros
multi disciplined staff
Cons
management changed dramatically
Per dium driver
I enjoyed everyone and everything about Spectrum. The people were fun to be around and the manager was always fare and honest with me. Unfortunately per diem wasn't enough work and I didn't want full time at the time I was there. Maybe some day Ill have another chance of working there. You never know
Fun place to work in
A typical day of work consists of me coming in, checking my e mails, messages, health e link, finishing my notes and then starting to meet the needs of the clients i work with.
Pros
Flexible hours
Benefits
Might be a great place to start a career
I worked as a care coordinator. Liked working with my managers and clients, however, the culture was very cliquey, and career advancement was determined by who you know and who you blow as opposed to experience and background.
Pros
flexibility in scheduling
Cons
Parking was horrible, poor career advancement possibilities.
How the job is?
I have learned a lot working closely with the therapist with the anticipation of giving the residence the best quality of care so that they can become productive citizens in society.
Pros
The open door policy with the supervisors/managers
Cons
Not enough consistency with the residence
Hard work that paid off
A job where the most benefit came from seeing our clients develop, mature before our eyes and become productive members of society
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Being forced to stay over, management turnover
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.9
Ratings from women
2.1
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight