Spectrum Retirement Communities

Spectrum Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

United States226 reviews
Featured review
Spectrum Retirement Communities selected this as a representative review
Spectrum is a great company too work its a great environment My typical day at work was relaxing sometimes challenging and what I learned was that everything needs to be perfect for the residents. The most enjoyable part of the job was making friendships with the residents. I really do miss the residents
Pros
Great enviroment and free lunches
Cons
Nothing it was amazing
This company preaches their core values and the continued satisfaction of the residents. Yet the only law I seen enforced was Directors getting a fat bonus. Consistently were we short cut and forced to work with the bare minimum. Long hours and with little thanks, besides from the residents. You always start out loving the job but it becomes a drag later on.
Pros
Staff and residents
Cons
Corporate doesn't own up.
I volunteered to help on outings. The outings were cancelled in February 2020 due to the Corona Virus. Therefore, no more volunteers were allowed to assist at the facility.
June 17, 2020
Thank you for the positive review and for volunteering with our community and residents!
When I first started working there the company was focused on the residents and their needs. But as upper management changed the focus became on the almighty dollar. Decisions were made and programs implemented without thinking them through completely then changes were made midstream leaving employees wondering "what next?" Some middle management were rude and disrespectful when they came to visit. Middle and upper management did not listen to what those of us in the facilities were saying and suggesting- they just pushed their decisions.
Much turnover in frontline staff due to inconsistencies in policy enforcement. The common answer from some department managers was "I'll look into it".
Management is awful. People would call off constantly. Managers wouldn't help. you are expected to work short staffed every single day. When i asked about this problem i was told to quit my b******* or leave. so the next day i turned in my two weeks.
Pros
free meals
Cons
Get on their good side or you’ll be toast.
Good diversity of folks working.

Not very professional especially at Senior level. Accounting team had good people.

Very high turnover at all levels!!!!!!!!!!

What else is there to say. Constant change in direction, hard to get motivated to work there. Some shady long timers there as well. I’d keep looking if I were you.
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
Countless...run away like Gump!!!
June 10, 2020
Thank you for your review regarding employment at Spectrum Retirement Communities. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our culture and environment. We have shared your concerns with our Employee Relations team, but without knowing your name, we cannot properly look into your concerns. If you’d like to share more information, please call 855-311-0117 or go to www.lighthouse-services.com/spectrumretirement.com.
working with this company is great i have learned alot and have met and worked with really good People everyone is respectfull and caring especialy managment.
June 10, 2020
Hello – thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your feedback and comments, and we are glad it has been such a positive experience working as a chef in our new community. While your review comments are very appreciated, we do wish the same sentiment was reflected in your star rating. Receiving only 3 out of 5 stars shows we may have an opportunity to improve, if you can share more information we’d love to know. Please contact the community executive director to share more. Thank you!
Good opportunity with good pay rate. Slow hiring process. First day was taking online coursework. I noticed that courses were not showing completed and advised my supervisor. She said there was not a way for the system to show completed. Later, a front desk worker told me she could see her completed courses. I finished the courses the next day and again told my supervisor I could not see them completed, but had taken all exams, got scores, and did evaluations. She checked her computer and said I completed one course, but would check with IT.
I called today to find out what IT came up with and she again said I completed one course. I would have to complete all courses to move forward.

I told my supervisor I felt I was not being respected and would not want to work for a company that made me feel this way. Her response was, oh, okay.

I contacted corporate HR to give feedback on my short employment and my treatment as a new employee.
I recently started working at The Enclave at Chandler. I am most impressed by training, hours, compensation and upper management.
The facility is gorgeous and employees are treated very well.

The ED and FOM are completely available to residents and employees at all times.
June 17, 2020
Thank you for the great review about the Enclave at Chandler Senior Living!
Spectrum does not care about the resident at all. All they care about is making money. The corp headquarters has gone through management changes constantly. They hired Talent recruiters to hire the best employees. But they fired Dedicated hard working employees for no reason.
Cons
No loyalty
June 10, 2020
Hello – thank you for your review. While left anonymously, based on the location we believe this was regarding Sycamore Creek Senior Living. We are disappointed that you feel this way, mostly because it couldn’t be further from the truth. Our number one priority is and has always been our residents. Now, more than ever, we are doing everything we can to protect our residents and keep them safe during the COVID-19 virus pandemic. Your statement about us not caring, as well as only caring about money, is wholly inaccurate and warrants correction. We provide the best possible resident experience at all times, and we have gone above and beyond federal and state requirements to keep our communities safe throughout coronavirus – all of which does not come without a cost. We hire and maintain employment for team members that operate and abide by our guiding principles of mutual respect, excellence, stewardship, integrity, teamwork, and passion. If you have additional concerns to share, please call 855-311-0117 or go to www.lighthouse-services.com/spectrumretirement.com.
Low pay and always under staff make that place extra busy, few good employee work hard so lazy one can take extra break or plays with phone. Management don’t care. Only 2 good managers, MC DIRECTOR and F&B Director (he left, thanks his useless supervisor and her lazy crew). After he left, our free food is disgusting(get your own meal) I feel bed for residents have to eat that “food”. Be careful with snitches there specially morning concierge P.... If I don’t live close by I’d be out already
June 10, 2020
Hello – thank you for your feedback and review. Although this review was left anonymously, based on the location we believe it is in regard to Westbrook Senior Living. We appreciate your concerns and will share this feedback directly with the community team, which is under new leadership. We would, however, like to address the allegations of low pay and appropriate levels of staffing. We pay our employees very fairly, including a recent hourly increase during the COVID crisis to show our appreciation and gratitude to our team members. We are always appropriately staffed in compliance with state regulations. If you have addition concerns or questions, please call 855-311-0117 or go to www.lighthouse-services.com/spectrumretirement.com.
The job itself was not bad. A lot of work to do for each floor/hall especially getting clients up in the morning and to meal times. The families were very snobby and at times disrespectful.
June 10, 2020
Hello – Thank you for your feedback regarding employment at Spectrum Retirement Communities. We regret that you didn’t have a better experience working at one of our communities. Your comments have been shared with the Employee Relations and Resident Care team members. However, without knowing which community you worked at, we cannot properly look into your concerns. If you’d like to share more information, please call 855-311-0117 or go to www.lighthouse-services.com/spectrumretirement.com.
If you are not part of the “click” your job is always on the line Management will actually make up things in order to be able to write you up ED is too old to be there, 80 something is too old to be an ED and she only cares about her “click” if one person does something wrong they will be written up but if a “clicks” does it they are not written up Home office needs to clean house and answer letters that was sent to them and signed by many of the residents Families should put their rent into an account until things are addressed by home iffice
June 10, 2020
Hello – Thank you for your feedback about Spectrum Retirement Communities. While this review was left regarding our corporate headquarters, we understand you’re sharing feedback about the specific community in which you were employed. We have shared your concerns with our Employee Relations team, but without knowing which community you worked at, we aren’t able to look into your concerns at the level in which we’d like to. If you’d be willing to share more information, please call 855-311-0117 or go to www.lighthouse-services.com/spectrumretirement.com.
Unless you are friends with director of the facility you will be treated fairly. The nurses are rude and disrespectful... they treat some resident care workers as if they are just dumb and clueless.....not all.......Mostly are mornings and one is on maternity leave. All the resident care workers are wonderful except for a few. I feel sorry for some resident care workers who have been there for so long and are being paid less

than the new hire.
Three Creeks provided a place where I could have fun and show my authentic personality. I had a great time with the residents and as well as the staff.
June 17, 2020
Thank you for the great review about Three Creeks Senior Living!
Overall I think it was a great work experience for a first job to handle. But also it can be sometimes hard to handle with certain people. But the job can help you deal with certain type of customers . The staff is great .
Spectrum is a great company to work for. They are good to their team members. They promote growth within the company. Supportative management and great leadership.
Great experience working with seniors. Good relationship with the Chef and the rest of the employees to make seniors happy.
Awesome buffets on Sundays.
I have worked with Spectrum for about 6 months. I loved working with all of my co workers. However the director for the kitchen harassed me and belittled me and manipulated me. I was stressed out alot and had anxiety ever since the director was hired. I put in my resignation and quit because of the directior who made working there a toxic environment for me to be there.
The company is going through some corporate restructuring that is negatively impacting all day to day operations at the community level. Everything from getting invoices paid to hiring to planning events.
I worked there through agency and the residents family where very racist!!! The nurse didn’t have our back when the disrespect was going on. And the nurses was even making comments towards the staff. If you working on the second floor they will have you by yourself!! Not enough pay!!! And you do laundry and it’s not an assistant living
March 13, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. All of our 48 communities take pride in working together with our outside partners and agencies, but we do not have a Mount Carmel community within our family of Spectrum Retirement Communities. It appears you have inadvertently posted this on the wrong community. If you have any further questions, please let us know.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.8
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight