Spectrum Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive place to work
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 23, 2018
Great place to work. Managers and staff are great. Everyone helps each other out. Everyone is enthusiastic and friendly. You would love to work here great facility.
Pros
Overall the people
Cons
When people call off
Great
Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJuly 15, 2018
Great place to work. Love my boss, Love my residents, great environment. Reasonable pay. I have to leave due to gaining my associates in nursing, so will be off to new adventures.
Caring Senior Community, Fun to work with all employees
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MO 63141June 25, 2018
Great Senior Community with caring Employees. Fun to work with all personnel. Take great care of all residents within the Community. Great Training and acknowledgement of employees
Pros
Free meal during shift
Cons
Stressful at times
Not a good culture
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 12, 2018
Only care about the money. Cultural is non existent. Upper management is self serving and hostile. Many communities are struggling with census and their response is to write up everyone. That just creates fear and makes everything worse.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not who they say they are
May 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review. Our Home Office strives to support all team members at both our communities and within our Home Office. We are proud that we stay true to our core value of personal growth and have continually promoted from within. In 2018 alone, we have introduced 2 new programs (that makes 6 in total) that are directly related to the growth, development and engagement of our Team Members. For example, one of our beneficial new programs is focused directly on customer service. Additionally, we are ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by our peers and we were voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com.

It is important for us to understand the specifics of your experience – if you are open to discussing this in more detail please call our home office at 303-360-8812 and ask for the SVP of HR.
Glad you’re impressed with our Team Member benefits…we think they are pretty awesome too!

Enjoyed my job, but weak Management led to poor employee moral
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2018
In a department of only 6 positions, there was a turn over of 9 employees in a 2.5 year time period. This should be a sign to Senior Management that problems need to be addressed.
Pros
Nice benefits for Corporate Employees
Cons
Management isn't interested in employee feedback
Poor Management
Fun Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILApril 10, 2018
Management was very poor. Work to many hours because under staff. Some people didn't get the right training they need to do there job. Some people didn't care about the resident well being, always gossip about someone. Very unprofessional when it came to doing there jobs. Never got better, people quitting every week. A very stressful place to work, with low pay.
Pros
Resident
April 15, 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your employment experience. Here at Spectrum Retirement Communities, we strive to adhere to our Core Values every day, including Excellence and Personal Growth. We work extremely hard to attract and retain our valued Team Members, and we believe we succeed in maintaining adequate levels of fully qualified staff despite challenging labor conditions in our industry. We also take great care in training and developing our Team to ensure we continue to provide high level care and support for our residents. We always appreciate feedback on ways to improve. We would like the opportunity to discuss and learn from your experience. If you are willing, please call our Human Resources department at our Home Office at 303-360-8812.

Great Company
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 4, 2018
I can't say enough wonderful things about Spectrum as a whole. It is an incredible company and I very blessed to be a part of it! The management team is fantastic and I have learned a great deal from all of my leadership team!
Spectrum Retirement Communities
Regional Outreach Director (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 30, 2018
I had an absolutely positive experience working for Spectrum Retirement Communities, the training was invaluable. Had my position not been eliminated due to downsizing I would have continued working with the company long-term.
Pros
Benefits, bonuses
Unfortunately, Spectrum showed it's true colors :(
Director (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 26, 2018
On its own merit and in comparison with many other companies in the industry, this company has poor executive leadership from the regional directors down to the community itself.
Pros
Beautiful new building.
Cons
No recognition for long hours required. Way too many problems for a new community.
March 29, 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your employment experience. Here at Spectrum Retirement Communities, we strive for excellence, and to adhere to our Core Values every day. We would like the opportunity to discuss and learn from your experience. If you are willing, please call our Human Resources department at our Home Office at 303-360-8812.

A fun place to work with amazing residents and fellow team members.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 15, 2018
A typical day at work is greeting residents and family and friends who come to visit. Also, answering phones and transferring them to the appropriate team member. This position requires multi-tasking skills and the ability to remain calm in a stressful situation when it arises. I love working with the amazing residents and it feels like family. I also enjoy all of my fellow team members and they feel like family too. My Business Office Manager is amazing and she is ALWAYS available for help or just as a sounding board!
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Low Hourly Wage
March 29, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We always appreciate the feedback.

Meaningful
Management (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 15, 2018
Spectrum offers an environment for our residents and team members to enjoy themselves. Being with the residents and providing an experience for them is very meaningful
Pros
Spectrum truly believes in the core values
Cons
Can't think of any at this time
Low pay and inconsistant management
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Eugene OregonMarch 14, 2018
We are paid lower then other communities. Also, management tends to focus on other departments than our own. Filling the building is paramount, however, this leaves those of us at the Concierge desk as "bouncers" with little support.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Lack of management continiuty
March 17, 2018

Hello, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you, and we hope you have a good day.

Very fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 14, 2018
Everyone at the spectrum community that I work is very friendly and helpful. They work around my busy school schedule. The environment that is created is one of teamwork. We work as a team and often use the phrases "Teamwork makes the Dream work" or "One team one dream." I would highly recommend especially for students looking for a job as they are very flexible and try the absolute best to work around your schedule.
Pros
Great environment, fast paced, great people (staff and residents) and flexible hours.
Very rewarding work!
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 14, 2018
I love working at Spectrum. Everyday I am able to make an impact on someone's life. The job is very rewarding. Everyone is a team player, and there is no drama!
Pros
Great management team, free lunch, no work place drama
Cons
No Cons
Stressful and poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHMarch 7, 2018
Working here is very stressful not enough workers , management is awful and when you ask for something they say they will do it but never do. Residents are nice but working in the kitchen is probably the worst mistake I have ever chose .
Pros
Good pay
March 29, 2018

Your feedback is valuable and appreciated. Thank you for taking time to let us know.

Carmel senior living
Assistant Living (Former Employee) –  13390 N Illinois stFebruary 8, 2018
when I took upon myself to work with the elderly which is something I always wanted to do. so I took it to another level an started working for Carmel senior living which was the best thing that ever happen to me I got to know the residents an what there needs where. provided friendly and compassionate services to the residents also provided support companionship. Ensure the clients were meet with individual preferences. and made sure they where monitor at all times. The sad thing about is when you get attached to your resident and you loose one of them that's a hurtful feeling when one passes away. I Love the work I do.
Pros
Great
Cons
it be well need at time but short
Team workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZFebruary 5, 2018
Working at a senior living community has been a great experience, there is staff that have been working there for years and have a lot of knowledge. As a Medication Assistant we not only seek residents medication needs, but also there physical and spiritual needs, as we also help caregivers answer call lights on busy times. Staff and management do what they can by finding coverage and picking up extra shifts to be able to work safely and provide care the residents deserve and require. Establishing a friendly relationship and becoming part of each-others every day is a very rewarding experience.
Pros
Free lunch if working more than 5 hours
Cons
Understaffed, a lot or turnover
Housekeeping
Assistant Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 30, 2018
Fast pace, retirement facility i enjoyed working with. I was in the assistant manager position i enjoyed helping my co-workers when needed. Keeping the apts cleaned and sanitized and helping the elderly when needed was a great feeling end of day.
Fun Working Place
CMT Technician (Current Employee) –  Affton, MOJanuary 24, 2018
I pass medicine to the residents. I knock on the apartments of the residents and either wait or go in to their apartments and give them medicine. Maybe help them take the meds by using applesauce or help them with anything the might need help with when I am in their apartments.
Pros
free food
Cons
very busy
The hardest part of the job
Fun Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 19, 2018
The hardest part of the job is keeping residents interested in the activity. They may fall asleep or leave the activity if it is not of interest to them. Therefore it is a challenge to constantly come up with new ideas that are interesting to them as well as respectful of their intelligence.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Heart breaking at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight