Spectrum Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

Horrible chef
Cook (Former Employee) –  Enclave at AnthemJanuary 4, 2019
The chef was in his 1st directors role and everything had to be done to his standards, no exceptions. Even if the residents wanted it different he would say no. Was promised a leadership role that never materialized, held all cooks to a different standard,and would cut hours without notice stating “full time employees get full time hours, part time get part time hours.” Couldn’t maintain a budget and blamed me for it.
Pros
Interaction with the residents
Cons
Everything I listed below
Frequent ED Changes
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 15, 2018
management of inside and outside sales teams setting monthly goals and daily followup towards achievement. Daily am meetings with pipeline of happenings. Lease preparation and signing. Daily census reports with forecasting for the month and quarter. Interaction with residents daily and their families, giving tours, communicating to local case managers of vacancies upcoming. intake calls, customer service, daily dining room rounds, apartment readiness, interaction with maintenance team to assure move in ready units. Set up of model unit. Hardest part of the job was the frequent turn over in the ED position
Pros
great benefits and residents
Cons
ED turnover
Not a place i'd recommend
RC Programing Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 12, 2018
Turn over throughout the building is very high, training consist of watching videos you are encouraged to skip through, and moral is very low. The rules are flexible for certain people, while others are written up for being overworked and not having enough time to get all job duties done.
Pros
free lunch, Pto, holiday pay
Cons
very negative work envorment
nice people
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Parker, CO 80134December 9, 2018
I enjoyed working here because at the time I was paid over minimum wage and serving was a fun job. The one thing I didn't enjoy was the time if we had accidentally dropped a glass, it would come out of our paycheck.
loved our community
A little bit of everything (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 4, 2018
Great ED, Front desk staff are wonderful. The activity department is great, as well as the servers in dietary. There is true team sprit among most of the staff here.
Pros
Great in house benefits
Cons
Challenging situations when residents decline and have to move.
Home like atmosphere with comprehensive t training.
Concierge/Receptionist PT (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHNovember 19, 2018
Working evening and weekend hours are not as busy as day time hours.
Lots of computer based training teaching information on what to expect with the elderly and what to look out for, related to depression and dementia.
Management has an open door policy and ready to pitch in to help at all times.
All employees work hard to meet the needs of residents.
Hardest part is learning all that may occur and how to handle.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the employees and residents.
It is one star for a reason
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Park MeadowsOctober 22, 2018
The ED is one of the most unprofessional people I have ever worked with. She talks bad about the staff to other staff members, she is rude and ignores residents, and she does not care about anyone but herself. Not everyone with spectrum is as unkind and selfish as she is, but unfortunately for them, especially The VPO, who oversees Park Meadows, you are the company you keep. It is a reflexion on not only herself, but also the rest of upper management as well that they choose to keep someone like this running one of their buildings. Corporate has been notified of the issues with this building and has done nothing to change anything.
Pros
What pros?
Cons
Did you read the review?
October 31, 2018

vThank you for letting us know about your employment experience. Here at Spectrum Retirement Communities, we strive for excellence, and to adhere to our Core Values every day. Our goal is to support all team members at both our communities and within our Home Office. It is important for us to understand the specifics of your experience – if you are open to discussing and substantiating your concerns in more detail please call our Home Office at 303-360-8812 and ask for the Vice President of Human Resources.

Great in team work and productive
DISHWASHER (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 21, 2018
I worked in Palmilla as a part time employee. The other employees are friendly and approachable. It is a quick paced job but you can rest in some certain times.
Pros
Free lunches
I don’t know
Server (Current Employee) –  Parker, COOctober 10, 2018
I don’t have much to say other than the residents are amazing people. And some workers are recognized for their hard work, and some workers are favorited.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poorly made food, not enough employees, favoritism
Great work place
LEAD CHEF (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 10, 2018
I started my day by unloading the days orders and placing the order for the following day. one that was finished I prepared all meals and managed the serving staff while meals were served. At the end of the day I clean the facilities pulled anything that was needed for the next day and wrote the menu if needed.
Maintenance Director / Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHOctober 7, 2018
It is a good company, not much room for advancement. Management treats you fairly. would recommend for a person to star there career here. the residents are great.
get drinks and popcorn all day long
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZOctober 4, 2018
very friendly, residents were great,team work was good, I wish workers spoke english, that was hard on everyday basis no communition. overall it was a good place to work, not stressful
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
All it takes is one bad apple
Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cary, ILOctober 2, 2018
Residents and majority of staff at the three oaks location are an absolute blast to work with. As for the managers you have a director of fun who busts her butt to constantly give the residents and staff amazing activities to attend. Another solid heavy hitter would be the current director of nursing, she just gets stuff done. However the rest of the management team are just yes people for a poor excuse for an ED. This ED talks a big game and always tries to present herself as some super relaxed laid back trusting leader when in fact she will go out of her way to micromanage every aspect of your job and usually will follow it up with some sort of snide unprofessional remark. I've dealt with my fair share of incompetent leaders before so my best advice to anyone coming into that role would be just work your standard day, don't go crazy killing yourself working extra hours and just know you are working for someone who really shouldn't be in that position. Support from corporate was great and the majority of the other maintenance directors are quite good folks.
Pros
Free lunches I guess, the residents
Cons
The ED
it was an okay job
Transportation/Administration (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHSeptember 20, 2018
i only worked there part time. it was good learning experience in the industry, but i found no advancement opportunities with my experience there, unless you specialized in nursing.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
N/a
Horrible managements and lack of care for caregivers/residents
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 8, 2018
This place is very understaffed and is the reason there are so many falls everyday. Managers tend to not care about caregivers and have shown repetitively that their workers health physically and mentally is not important to them. Managers have a hard time scheduling correctly and are never accommodating to caregivers schedules. There is a lot of uneccessary drama as well. Would not recommend.
Cons
short staffed, no breaks
October 31, 2018

Thank you for offering your opinion. We regret that your personal journey with us has not been the positive one we strive for with all of our Team Members. The care, safety, and overall experience of our residents are our chief concerns, and we do have high expectations for job attendance and performance. However our leadership teams also work hard to maintain a caring workplace for our valued Team Members, and make every effort to lead by example and to be respectful of Team Members’ personal obligations. It is unfortunate if you do not feel as we do that our residents receive excellent care in a very safe environment. Any of our residents or their families or legal guardians, any prospective residents, as well as our Team Members or potential Team Members are welcome to contact our Executive Director (630.953.7472) at any time with questions about the care and services and the rewarding job opportunities we offer.

enter at your own risk
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ mtn parkSeptember 6, 2018
The department of Fun is all but fun the management lacks management skills frequently yells at her teammates wait team mates no not teammates more like puppets would be a better word.

This person seems to have a bad day everyday and is stressed out to max and takes it out on the puppets so don't be smiley and in a good mood. it will knock that down real quick If it is stressed everyone is stressed,

If you like to walk around on egg shells this job is for you
the Just apply for a job in the department of fun,

It was gone for a week I could see the team being a team,
they worked hard together got thing completed, smiling laughing
as soon a it returned an new employee walked out and we cannot seem to keep new employees In the Department of fun.
Pros
Helping the residences
Cons
low pay not treated like a adult monitoring your breaks
October 31, 2018

Thank you for offering your opinion. We regret that your personal journey with us has not been the positive one we strive for with all of our Team Members. Because the care and overall experience we provide for our residents are our chief concerns, we do have high expectations for job performance. Our leadership team appropriately holds our valued Team Members accountable as necessary, and makes every effort to lead by example and to be respectful at all times. It is unfortunate if you do not feel as we do that our activities and programming are vibrant and engaging and that our residents derive great benefit from interacting with our activity staff. Any of our residents or their families or legal guardians, any prospective residents, as well as our Team Members or potential Team Members are welcome to contact our Executive Director (480.893.1200) at any time with questions about the care and services and the rewarding job opportunities we offer.

Collective minds help out!
Director of Maintenance (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 5, 2018
Morning stand up meetings create a nourishing environment for daily challenges. I have learned the meaning of "No I in Team", We all chip in together to solve the problem. Speaking to my ED is as natural as talking to a friend. I like that. Staffing is by far the biggest challenge, however it is not a company isolated issue, more of a statewide issue. But by the end of the day, when I see the smiles on the residents faces, knowing I had a small part in it makes it all worth the effort.
Pros
Immediate holiday pay for al full time employees. .
Cons
Difficult to find employees to work, so the management ends up filling in.
Great Place to work
Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Parker, COAugust 30, 2018
This community is a great place to work! The residents are lucky to live in such a beautiful place. The caregivers work very hard to give the resident's the best care possible.
Pros
Free lunches
care facillity
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  Coos Bay, ORAugust 29, 2018
loved working with the residents but the staff were very much set in their own little clicks and not helpful.management were not helpful .glad to get out of there.
Pros
helping residents
Cons
not a team building experience
horrible place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Parker, COAugust 24, 2018
the fact that the hours are long and brutal is bad, but also this company thinks that paying us servers twelve dollars an hour gives them the right to tell us we cannot accept tips. The company does not care about employee moral at all. Just all in all a terrible place to work.
Pros
interacting with elderly clients
Cons
no breaks, no tips, low pay, not organized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight