Spectrum Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

Horrible managements and lack of care for caregivers/residents
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 8, 2018
This place is very understaffed and is the reason there are so many falls everyday. Managers tend to not care about caregivers and have shown repetitively that their workers health physically and mentally is not important to them. Managers have a hard time scheduling correctly and are never accommodating to caregivers schedules. There is a lot of uneccessary drama as well. Would not recommend.
Cons
short staffed, no breaks
enter at your own risk
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ mtn parkSeptember 6, 2018
The department of Fun is all but fun the management lacks management skills frequently yells at her teammates wait team mates no not teammates more like puppets would be a better word.

This person seems to have a bad day everyday and is stressed out to max and takes it out on the puppets so don't be smiley and in a good mood. it will knock that down real quick If it is stressed everyone is stressed,

If you like to walk around on egg shells this job is for you
the Just apply for a job in the department of fun,

It was gone for a week I could see the team being a team,
they worked hard together got thing completed, smiling laughing
as soon a it returned an new employee walked out and we cannot seem to keep new employees In the Department of fun.
Pros
Helping the residences
Cons
low pay not treated like a adult monitoring your breaks
Collective minds help out!
Director of Maintenance (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 5, 2018
Morning stand up meetings create a nourishing environment for daily challenges. I have learned the meaning of "No I in Team", We all chip in together to solve the problem. Speaking to my ED is as natural as talking to a friend. I like that. Staffing is by far the biggest challenge, however it is not a company isolated issue, more of a statewide issue. But by the end of the day, when I see the smiles on the residents faces, knowing I had a small part in it makes it all worth the effort.
Pros
Immediate holiday pay for al full time employees. .
Cons
Difficult to find employees to work, so the management ends up filling in.
Great Place to work
Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Parker, COAugust 30, 2018
This community is a great place to work! The residents are lucky to live in such a beautiful place. The caregivers work very hard to give the resident's the best care possible.
Pros
Free lunches
care facillity
Resident Aide (Former Employee) –  Coos Bay, ORAugust 29, 2018
loved working with the residents but the staff were very much set in their own little clicks and not helpful.management were not helpful .glad to get out of there.
Pros
helping residents
Cons
not a team building experience
horrible place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Parker, COAugust 24, 2018
the fact that the hours are long and brutal is bad, but also this company thinks that paying us servers twelve dollars an hour gives them the right to tell us we cannot accept tips. The company does not care about employee moral at all. Just all in all a terrible place to work.
Pros
interacting with elderly clients
Cons
no breaks, no tips, low pay, not organized
Stressful
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJuly 29, 2018
The residents are great. This place has a high turnover rate. They expect so much from people and do not pay enough for everything you do.You have to take a 30 min break of you work 5 hours. So if your only scheduled for 5 hours you only get paid for 4.5 hours. The half hour makes a difference on a pay check. This place is a good temporary job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful
Productive place to work
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 23, 2018
Great place to work. Managers and staff are great. Everyone helps each other out. Everyone is enthusiastic and friendly. You would love to work here great facility.
Pros
Overall the people
Cons
When people call off
Great
Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJuly 15, 2018
Great place to work. Love my boss, Love my residents, great environment. Reasonable pay. I have to leave due to gaining my associates in nursing, so will be off to new adventures.
Caring Senior Community, Fun to work with all employees
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MO 63141June 25, 2018
Great Senior Community with caring Employees. Fun to work with all personnel. Take great care of all residents within the Community. Great Training and acknowledgement of employees
Pros
Free meal during shift
Cons
Stressful at times
Server Beware
Server (Current Employee) –  Parker, COMay 12, 2018
As a server, expect to undermined and ignored by management. If your not one of the cool servers expect to be talked about behind your back and treated unfairly. Other than that, the perks of this job is the residents, they make the job worth it.
Cons
No Lunch Breaks
Not a good culture
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 12, 2018
Only care about the money. Cultural is non existent. Upper management is self serving and hostile. Many communities are struggling with census and their response is to write up everyone. That just creates fear and makes everything worse.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not who they say they are
May 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review. Our Home Office strives to support all team members at both our communities and within our Home Office. We are proud that we stay true to our core value of personal growth and have continually promoted from within. In 2018 alone, we have introduced 2 new programs (that makes 6 in total) that are directly related to the growth, development and engagement of our Team Members. For example, one of our beneficial new programs is focused directly on customer service. Additionally, we are ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by our peers and we were voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com.

It is important for us to understand the specifics of your experience – if you are open to discussing this in more detail please call our home office at 303-360-8812 and ask for the SVP of HR.
Glad you’re impressed with our Team Member benefits…we think they are pretty awesome too!

Enjoyed my job, but weak Management led to poor employee moral
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 18, 2018
In a department of only 6 positions, there was a turn over of 9 employees in a 2.5 year time period. This should be a sign to Senior Management that problems need to be addressed.
Pros
Nice benefits for Corporate Employees
Cons
Management isn't interested in employee feedback
Poor Management
Fun Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILApril 10, 2018
Management was very poor. Work to many hours because under staff. Some people didn't get the right training they need to do there job. Some people didn't care about the resident well being, always gossip about someone. Very unprofessional when it came to doing there jobs. Never got better, people quitting every week. A very stressful place to work, with low pay.
Pros
Resident
April 15, 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your employment experience. Here at Spectrum Retirement Communities, we strive to adhere to our Core Values every day, including Excellence and Personal Growth. We work extremely hard to attract and retain our valued Team Members, and we believe we succeed in maintaining adequate levels of fully qualified staff despite challenging labor conditions in our industry. We also take great care in training and developing our Team to ensure we continue to provide high level care and support for our residents. We always appreciate feedback on ways to improve. We would like the opportunity to discuss and learn from your experience. If you are willing, please call our Human Resources department at our Home Office at 303-360-8812.

Great Company
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 4, 2018
I can't say enough wonderful things about Spectrum as a whole. It is an incredible company and I very blessed to be a part of it! The management team is fantastic and I have learned a great deal from all of my leadership team!
Spectrum Retirement Communities
Regional Outreach Director (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 30, 2018
I had an absolutely positive experience working for Spectrum Retirement Communities, the training was invaluable. Had my position not been eliminated due to downsizing I would have continued working with the company long-term.
Pros
Benefits, bonuses
Unfortunately, Spectrum showed it's true colors :(
Director (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 26, 2018
On its own merit and in comparison with many other companies in the industry, this company has poor executive leadership from the regional directors down to the community itself.
Pros
Beautiful new building.
Cons
No recognition for long hours required. Way too many problems for a new community.
March 29, 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your employment experience. Here at Spectrum Retirement Communities, we strive for excellence, and to adhere to our Core Values every day. We would like the opportunity to discuss and learn from your experience. If you are willing, please call our Human Resources department at our Home Office at 303-360-8812.

A fun place to work with amazing residents and fellow team members.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 15, 2018
A typical day at work is greeting residents and family and friends who come to visit. Also, answering phones and transferring them to the appropriate team member. This position requires multi-tasking skills and the ability to remain calm in a stressful situation when it arises. I love working with the amazing residents and it feels like family. I also enjoy all of my fellow team members and they feel like family too. My Business Office Manager is amazing and she is ALWAYS available for help or just as a sounding board!
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Low Hourly Wage
March 29, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We always appreciate the feedback.

Meaningful
Management (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 15, 2018
Spectrum offers an environment for our residents and team members to enjoy themselves. Being with the residents and providing an experience for them is very meaningful
Pros
Spectrum truly believes in the core values
Cons
Can't think of any at this time
Low pay and inconsistant management
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Eugene OregonMarch 14, 2018
We are paid lower then other communities. Also, management tends to focus on other departments than our own. Filling the building is paramount, however, this leaves those of us at the Concierge desk as "bouncers" with little support.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Lack of management continiuty
March 17, 2018

Hello, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you, and we hope you have a good day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spectrum Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight