Spee Dee Delivery Service Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMarch 1, 2019
Do your self a favor and don't apply. They don't have many rules but the ones they do have have are verbal so they don't have to give you anything they promised.
They promise you can pick any open route after 2years but that's not true. They say you have a set route only to find out you have a quota to reach so you can help out there buddies while they leave empty.
This company is run by the owners spoiled brats that never had a real job and were handed everything in life.
It will start out okay but they will take stuff off pallets from the LTL drivers so they don't have to send a semi.
Then you have the pick ups that can be up around 2500 pounds each and if they feel your getting back to early you can help out with there buddies pick ups.
If thatst not enough you can work Saturday and maybe Sunday afternoon.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Everything else
Terrible place to work
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenbay,WisconsinFebruary 14, 2019
Speed Dee does not care about employees,view you as replaceable. They will steamroll right over you anytime you disagree with actions they take, management feels they owe you no explanation even when actions they take affect your job or employment situation.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
To many to list
Very fun place to work
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDFebruary 5, 2019
Very fun place to work especially if you like to drive around and deliver packages and interact with people all at the same time. Management was very friendly during my time employed there.
Fun to work for
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 14, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company, I enjoyed the clientele, it was fun and a very great learning experience, and I only strive to be the best I can be...
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Fast Paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Plover, WINovember 26, 2018
The job was very fast paced when i truck would arrive. Everyone would be willing to come and help you if you were falling behind on the truck. More so when the last "Late Truck" came in.
Route driver
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marion IowaNovember 19, 2018
I work for this company in 2009 . you had to work hellacious hours no breaks no lunch the hourly rate was low but one benefit is you get lot of overtime you can make $40,000 Plus but you give your life to them so quite frankly it's just not worth it . The management is horrible not very understanding very low staff I definitely would not recommend working for this company
Pros
Overtime and profit sharing
Cons
Horrible management
Fast paced but it’s a very fun environment
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 8, 2018
Fun environment to work in and others are friendly, it is fast paced around the spring, parts of the summer and in the winter it does get hectic but it’s a very good environment.
Stsble place to work
Group Leader/delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 8, 2018
My review of the job is that it has it plus and minuses the minus are that they need to have a better vacation policy and time off schedule so that for people to make appointments can do so
Decent pay but poor health insurance.
Route Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Virginia, MNSeptember 22, 2018
Spee Dee Delivery is a nice place to work. The hours fluctuate a lot but there is a quite a bit of overtime. The biggest negative is the health insurance, the deductible is very high and not much is covered until you reach it.
Pros
Weekends and holidays off
Cons
Health insurance.
SpeeDee becomes a Lifestyle
CDL Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  IowaAugust 27, 2018
You start on a probation after 3 months they start your benefit package. After 9 months you can collect quarterly profit sharing checks. Becoming a group leader moves you into salary. If you already have a CDL it allows you to do the LTL and overnight runs and a small bump in pay. The management isnt horrible to work with but they have very little in dealing with conflicts. Much of the time you are doing the work of 3 people due to being short staffed. Raises only come at certain types of the year, hourly is april and october, salary in february. Hourly only recieves 50 cents each time. Salary is 40 dollars a week, 80 a pay period. The vehicles are broken most of the time, when they get sent for repairs they come back with the same issues or new ones.
Pros
Overtime, benefits, home everyday
Cons
Short staffed, low pay, push into management
Stressful and very time consuming
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 26, 2018
Worked 12 hour days every day, no lunch breaks. Extremely fast paced environment, poor leadership. Quotas are the only thing that matters to management.
Pros
Working individually
Cons
No lunch breaks, time off requests can be denied
very fast paced and hard working
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Marion, IAAugust 8, 2018
it is a good job if you like to work hard and not work alot of hours but it is not a job that you can make a living off of if you are living by your self.
Pros
there is some done time between trucks
Cons
not enough hours per week
Hard work
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNAugust 1, 2018
I didn’t enjoy my time at spee-dee I definitely felt used the entire time I was there and was always doing the job of 2-3 people because of how short staffed they were. The pay is horribly low which is why I ultimately left most of the people in the warehouse make around minimum wage and drivers made a couple dollars over minimum. Not a great company and it shows.
Fun workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 3, 2018
It was a nice place to work. I really enjoyed the people who I worked with. It really showed me how the postal services work and how it’s not just delivering packages.
Good job
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 11, 2018
If they could split some of these long routes up,and make a time limit on some shippers so that cant hold you. That would make the job 1000% times better. But overall i love my job.
Pros
Good overtime
Cons
No ac in the vans
Lowest pay/no pto
Office Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 14, 2018
SpeeDee pays the lowest pay for office work in the St Cloud area by far. $8.50 to $9.00 hr with a college degree for full time with no vacation or sick time for a year. Then only one week PTO after one year. 5 paid holidays if you are lucky. No floating holidays. If their drivers used computers (like most do in the 21st century) you could omit this position and all paperwork indefinitely (& save trees, their waste is unbelieveable). Switch to computer manifests for drivers!! You can work at McDonalds for $15 hr. Such a sad place.
Pros
Cons
Hourly Pay, Pto, holiday pay, sick pay, benefits
I wouldn’t recommend my dog to work here.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAMay 12, 2018
Fast pace and you will put on 3 to 500 miles on in a day . Very poor management they need more drivers for there routes. To wide spread route locations and how they make delivery’s to post officeses some you will never make because they close when you make it into some towns ,than they get mad at you because you can’t make the delivery,management tells you to miss the other towns to make it to the others than they get mad.Very poor management don’t pay enough for the BS you have to put up with , no radio no ac in vans wtf . Like the job miserable !
Pros
By your self no boss hanging over you.
Cons
Long days long miles management sucks !
Hard work, good job.
Rout Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNApril 11, 2018
I’ve worked at Spee Dee a little over a year and found it to be a very positive experience. You’ll get out of it what you put into it. Driving is hard work and labor intensive but it’s like getting paid to exercise. Pay is good for the area with two raises per year and profit sharing. The hours are long but Spee Dee takes care of its staff. Overall this is a good job.
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
Lack of technology
Great job for a student
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 20, 2018
Good environment for student workers. Very flexible hours. Laid back culture. Good pay for part time. I learned that at work there are going to be times you cannot depend on others. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere and interaction between managers and employees.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Split shift
Fast paced delivery service
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIOctober 31, 2017
We would load our own trucks and plan out a most efficient route to deliver packages. Equal amounts to businesses and residential, no matter the weather. The weather was the most difficult, winter weather at our busiest time, Christmas was stressful. We put in maximum hours for the two weeks before the holiday. I really enjoyed the business customers we stopped at everyday for the most part. Many actually frequented my restaurant I bought after leaving Spee Dee. Owner and managers were always very supportive and straight with employees.
Pros
Pay scale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spee Dee Delivery Service Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.