SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 8, 2019
I don’t recommend working here. If you are not butt kissing the manager you won’t get acknowledged . The manager is very irresponsible . He lacks managerial skills. He yells at his female employees and he talks bad about them behind their backs. The guys goof around too much n blame each other for mistakes. They act like children. The owner knows what’s going on and he doesn’t care as long as they make sales and make him good earnings he’s happy. Some of the employees are high and they work like that. This place is very immature and unfair. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHOP!!!!! If you work 8 hrs you only get a 30 min lunch
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks, the manager yells at his employees when he coming down from his coke binge
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJuly 21, 2019
I managed the shop , took care of all my customers , made the receipts , did inspections as well , it was a fun great field and area to work at , just do your job and it’s easy
Selfish management, awful pay
Hood Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2019
Started as a courtesy tech, got promoted to hood tech without any sort of pay raise. Did the work of three employees while still making the same amount of money I started at. No room for growth. Rude management.
Pros
Job experience
Cons
Everything else
This place use to be great!
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 28, 2019
This is a customer service job and the only way to get a promotion or pay raise is to make the upper management feel like they are the customer. Everyone here likes to joke around and make each other mad so that they can make themselves look better. Employees cuss when a car pulls in the lot.
Pros
Steady paycheck.
Cons
Everything else.
With a name like Speedee you think it would be a factor as one of your daily goals but nope.
Hood Technician (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAFebruary 14, 2019
Great place to work. Im an optimist. I built some great professional relationships with customers. And they would often speak to my manager just to compliment me in the service they recieved.
Pros
A lot of room to improve yourself.
Cons
Discouraging words that are said to inhibit your goals.
Family oriented place
Greeter/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 4, 2019
I spent my best times at this job. The customers are the best. The staff got along like family members. It always made me put a smile on my face knowing I was going to be able to help someone who wanted help and it felt great when they came back and asked for you by name or say hi to you when you are out in the community because SpeeDee always does right by their customers and it makes you feel good to know you work at a place your neighborhood trusts.
Pros
Time off if there is a family emergency
Cons
Breaks are sometimes too short if you have an errand to run
Good place to work in
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, RINovember 29, 2018
Good job / good pay. It was a short time job that payed very well i got very good hours and good checks. I also got some very good tips. People were nice .
Terrible prioritizing, cut throat bonus's, low employee morale
Technician (Former Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAOctober 17, 2018
Not a good place to work, Terrible prioritizing, cut throat bonus program, low employee morale, very high turnover rate, no advancement or pay increase
poor management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 30, 2018
management is terrible. horrible pay, no health benefits, manager talks to employee's like they are trash. scheduled for 40 hours but are forced to take and unpaid 30 minute break. sent home when the business is slow.
Pros
Cons
see review
A productive and fun work place
State Inspector (Former Employee) –  University Park, TXJuly 23, 2018
The owner is a good man who takes care of his employees. The customers were friendly and many of them were regulars. It was a good shop and it was kept very clean. 10/10 would work there again.
Can be fun with my co workers
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CA 94551June 28, 2018
I cashed out customers, processed time sheets, ordered office supplies, helped clean up the lobby area, opened sometimes and closed sometimes. Counted out the cash drawers.
Pros
Liked working part-time and dealing with the customers
Cons
Owner was not in compliance with the main franchises company
Great to start out with as a job
Courtesy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCMay 14, 2018
Not really wanting to work with temporary positions. As a college student my education comes first and that means I can only work a few months out of the year however I was not allowed any advancement options, they kept me in the position the entirety event though I was ready to do more things.
Pros
Car Culture; Cool co-workers
Cons
When busy its fine but once its slow is when its stressful.
Employees overworked and miserable.
Lube Technician/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 21, 2018
Worked non-stop from 8 am to 6 pm. Was put on lunch for a 5 min restroom break. Assisted manager at the time did no work. If manager did not like you're opinion, that person would get sent home
Pros
Learned how to do everything.
Cons
Very exhausted work with little rewards.
Fast paced great work enviorment.
Customer Service and Sales, Open and Close Shop (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA 95355April 19, 2018
Great place to enter the field not much room to move up however. managment changed multiple times during my time there which made for lots of changes in work procedures.
Old Owner reflected views
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 10, 2018
the manager who influenced my views on the establishment is no longer there. I dont know how its changed in 10 years. they may no longer use office managers.
Great Place to work
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 4, 2018
Great place to work, wonderful people. Family owned and family oriented. It is a wonderful place to grow, learn and learn to like working. It is managed by the most amazing couple. Couldn't work for better people.
Owner (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2018
Great place to work. Good hours, competitive pay. Great management support. Friendly culture where everyone was willing to help. Excellent training and movement potential.
Productive and Chalanging
Lead Technician/ Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 11, 2018
This job is great, having an awesome concept of customer to technician relationship. Of course this concept can be challenging but for those individuals who crave honesty and personal honor in the performance of automotive service and maintenance this is the best possible scenario. Customers are allowed to watch technicians work on their automobiles and the technicians liaise directly with the customers generally only bringing in management for the toughest situations.
Pros
Great career advancement opportunities
Cons
Sometimes the most menial tasks must be performed by the most skilled tech
Productive and fun workplace
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAFebruary 3, 2018
Great place! Manager is awesome!
8 hour work days
learn a lot about the automotive industry
fun and productive workplace
most enjoyable part of job was coworkers
poor work envirnment
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 30, 2018
High Turnover, no benefits, no raise. Hostile. Had to work every Saturday. People would be brought in at a higher rate of pay but would never stay. Owners would do what they wanted and did not care about the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service. Our community is ready to answer.