Speedling Incorporated Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with one production
Care handling of plants (Former Employee) –  Blairsville GeorgiaMarch 2, 2018
caring for plants manicuring plants put them up caring for the the resealing of new plant good place to work if you want peace and quiet and can work fast
Horrible Company to work for
Grower (Former Employee) –  Blairsville, GANovember 30, 2017
Everybody was hourly except the grower manager. High positions like growers and lead growers had to work for 90 days to get qualified for holiday pay.
Pros
Maybe nothing
Cons
Horrible management, stressful work life
Look elsewhere
Management (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 8, 2017
If you care for you well-being, family life, over all attitude this is not the place for you. Management (hector) is degrading twards employees with no concerns for the employee as a person. Contract larbors as well as employees are treated poorly with no chance of meaningful advancement.
Pros
Good weather
Cons
Stressfull, underpaid, micromanagement, humilliation
Devalues Employees
Grower Manager (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAJune 23, 2017
Great place to gain experience; however, it is not a sustainable environment for long term employment. You need thick skin and patience to work here. Verbal "public floggings" is fairly normal in meetings.
Speedling
Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alamo, TXJune 19, 2017
Experience there was something new for me since it was mostly agriculture and farmers . I got to meet people that were local and some who came from the other side of the world to work with us. I got the experience that not a lot of people get to go thru with learning about different crops
Feeding the World & Making It a More Beautiful Place!
HR Specialist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ruskin, FLJanuary 5, 2017
I love working for Speedling Incorporated! It is a place of great pride and good people. I deal with the employees, customers and vendors on a daily basis and the interaction is the best part of my job. I think the hardest part of my job is outsiders not knowing who we are because we are in the background...growing plants for big companies and farmers. I wish everyone knew about the great products we produce and the wonderful people that work here!

I have been with Speedling for almost 10 years and I have been given the opportunity to grow professionally. I have learned a great deal about the agriculture industry and I am extremely proud to be part of this company.
Pros
company culture, management
steady work when the season allows.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Blairsville, GAAugust 15, 2016
It's a good work place as long as you do your job. I learned there is no time and a half after 40 hrs. The hardest part of the job would be the heat. Remember it is Greenhouse.
Pros
steady work
Cons
heat
Not worth the stress
Production Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nipomo, CAAugust 6, 2016
The company is very disorganized. The management team is not there to help you, they do not stand by the culture they preach. The CEO has a GOD like complex, he will tell you to challenge him but when or if you do it doesn't go well. To ask for a raise could cost you your job. The company will not train you well and will have may different ways of doing one thing it can get very confusing,
Pros
n/a
Cons
Ceo, managment is poor. Pay is not good. HR is not helpful.
Industry pioneer in small greenhouse grown live plants
CEO/President (Former Employee) –  Sun City, FLJune 23, 2016
The company was the pioneer in the small plant industry founded in 1968.
They were acquired by an Asian company in 1985. The company was a real estate, high tech and auto mobile distributor in Asia and Europe.
After a decade of losses financially and constant subsidizing of the company, they went through 5 CEO's before me who were faced with same insurmountable problem of turning around a company which needed an infusion of cash to modernize to compete in a commodity market.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
extensive travel-50% +
Human Resources/Payroll Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sun City, FLNovember 4, 2013
Great place to work. I learned what is was like to work in a joint environment.
The term micromagement was created here.
Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 13, 2013
NOT a good place to work. Not interested in new and creative ideas and approaches only interested having long and boring speeches. If you are thinking about going to work for them, contact past employees first before accepting a job. Sales force is weak and middle management is the pits.
Long, hard hours, low pay, earn extra money playing poker with the guys on your break.
Sprayer (Extra) (Former Employee) –  Nipomo, CAJune 27, 2013
A typical day:
Get there at 7AM.
Talk to my supervisor about what to do first.
Jump on spray rig and water till 2:30, taking a 10min break at 9 and lunch at 11:30.
After my break at 2:30 i go take note of the houses i need to spray and i beginweighing and mixing and loading and at 3 i start spraying then i get out at like 5-5:30
Pros
long days, keeps you busy
Cons
short breaks, short lunch, low pay, no raises, no promotions