Speedway LLC Employee Reviews

Found 4,759 reviews matching the search See all 4,793 reviews
can be a fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 18, 2019
They do have training classes but are not willing to give you hands-on training. My daughter had an illness and was not willing to work with me. They are not supportive,
Pros
good benefits
Cons
breaks you rarely get
Typical minimum wage job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 17, 2019
It is just your typical minimum wage job. Low pay inconsistent hours. Management can be ok just depending on the person. I'm not sure if you can advance.
Pros
Indoors
Cons
Low pay
This job was a mix of up’s and down’s.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 16, 2019
This job required a lot of patience. I quit because the pay wasn’t enough and there was no room to move up. The hours where flexible and the work days where easy, dealing face to face with customers could be hard.
Team work driven
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Green, OHFebruary 16, 2019
I am pleased with this job and I love the customers. Management is very flexible and understanding. I am Happy that I work at a place like this. Team work and family is the feel here
Wasn't impressed at all
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INFebruary 16, 2019
I didnt feel comfortable to work the third shift by myself at the location I was at, so I left the job. The location and how many times the place had been robbed and what days of the week it was. I was not comfortable working third shif Friday Saturday and Sunday by myself.
Loved it
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 15, 2019
Loved my job and the company. Speedway is truly a great company They took a chance on me when no one else would. I was a CO-Manager and I loved the work. Sadly I was let go due to injury but if I was called and told I could have my job back I would jump on it. People leave a lot of bad reviews about Speedway which are not true in my opinion. They are an amazing company
Pros
pay, benefits, pretty much everything
Cons
being let go after injury when I could still do my job
great place to work
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 15, 2019
My manager is really easy to relate to, and she works with me when I need time off. Sometimes the monthly selling point can be difficult, but they do give you an incentive to do it. For the most part it is a pretty easy going job, but that doesn't mean you can be slack in working
Good environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLFebruary 15, 2019
It was a good environment, the only bad thing was that the hours were really bad . The management was really poor especially from the one that managed me , he was really careless .
Pros
Flexible lunches and breaks
Cons
Bad hours
Didn’t like working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 14, 2019
Me personally I didn’t enjoy working there, had to stand all day while manager hide in the back, only came to help once people started complaining about the line
Fast paced place, downtime during the middle of the night, generally easy job
Retail/Sales (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 14, 2019
Job for what it is, not bad at all once you get used to it. First retail job I've had, so I had to learn everything. They train you shortly over a couple days then you get dumped out in the deep end to fend for yourself after said training days. After you get the hang of it, you follow your routine and get done what needs to be done between customers.

Management can be a bit spotty and store is sometimes a little more laid back than it needs therefore things that were meant to be done in previous shifts sometimes go undone with no fear of consequences for their actions.

Biggest complaint I have really is their survey system. For example, unruly customers can get upset because your carded them for their cigarette purchase because the look under the age of 40 (Speedway Policy), they can march right straight to the Speedy Card Kiosk, do their survey and continuously put derogatory marks pertaining to the person on shift and after they send said survey in, the manager gets an e-mail the very next morning pointing out that such and such person on shift got a bad survey and can be wrongly disciplined when they've done everything they're supposed to.

Other than that, customers are generally happy and laid back given your job well and have everything ready for them they come to expect as soon as they walk in the door. I've worked at my location for nearly three years and customers almost seem relieved to pull on the parking lot and see my truck because they know they'll walk into fresh coffee in the mornings.
Pros
Pay raise after 90 days, managers & workers easy to get along with, job is generally easy
Cons
Negative feed back from customers recognized by company way before positive does
Good company to work for.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHFebruary 12, 2019
Advancement at Speedway was kind of hard. Once you get a management position you vary rarely get a chance to advance yourself. Other than that if the paid a little more and offered insurance it would be great.
Fast pace
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pierceton, INFebruary 12, 2019
Speedway is where my management career took off. I had many different opportunities to advance and learn new things. Loved the fast pace environment . Loved the regular customers. Hardest part of job was sometimes long days.
Pros
Pay, learning opportunities
Cons
long days
Poor management
LEAD ASSISTANT MANAGER 50 (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 12, 2019
For company that says employees are part of success they dont care about them and have little dignity in helping and working with them management leaves everything for csr and does nothing for little pay
Not enough hours nor pay rate.
CSR/Food Steward (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 11, 2019
Hectic and very fast paced at Speedway. I need more hours and money than Speedway has to offer at this time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers.
I've been there 3 years and have been through several managers which causes confusion in the workplace and slows down advancement opportunities.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No breaks, low hours, hourly pay unfitting.
Customer Service Rep.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILFebruary 11, 2019
Typical customer service job, you either love it or you hate it. My store has a lot of regulars who I enjoy seeing, some days are worse then others, but thats just how it goes.
fast paced busy
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 10, 2019
I started out as CSR, co-manager to general manger i learned a lot from this job. You can advance quickly in this company. Your day is very busy because you are limited to the number of employees that you can have scheduled at any given time. I enjoy what I do but it is very frustrating that i do not get a scheduled day off due to lack of employees at the job because they are under paid compared to other convenience stores. As a GM being on salary and not getting over time paid for working more then your 50. i would rather just paid hourly and get overtime
life at a gas sattion
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Port Crane, NYFebruary 10, 2019
A typical day at work was pretty relaxed but quick paced. it was never slow and it always kept me busy. i learned how to handle money and do paperwork when closing at night. the management was great. the best part of my job was making great friends with the other employees.
Pros
discounts
Poor job
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 10, 2019
No breaks or discounts. Owners watch like hawks behind the scenes but offer no help or advice to employees. Will outright lie to upper management and blame employees for their mistakes
Pros
Customers mostly nice
Cons
No breaks, low pay, no discount, management
Great Money
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Speedway, INFebruary 8, 2019
I enjoyed the customers and miss them. However upper. Management was lazy and had poor one on one people skills. If you don’t watch who you talk to, your buisness will be all in the air.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor upper management
Not what I initially thought it would be
Store Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Enon, OHFebruary 7, 2019
The job was/is listed as help desk specialist but that is not quite right. Nothing about this job is technical unless you count rebooting a computer and clicking ping commands. This job is more for people in retail or fuel operations, not actual IT. The training was lackluster and it's difficult to get help from team leads. Management obviously plays favorites and not everyone is reprimanded as they should be. This is the first job I have ever had where I felt genuinely disliked by my manager. He is not pleasant or very inviting, at least to me anyway. They are very contradictory and inconsistent in their practices and only care about NUMBERS.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.3K
31.3K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss