Speedway LLC Employee Reviews

Found 4,496 reviews matching the search See all 4,520 reviews
If you dont want a life...
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton OHOctober 19, 2018
I was a co manager at one of the busiest stores in the company. I had no work- life balance, the managers only care about themselves and what benefits them. They scheduled me ridiculous hours... 1st one day 2nd the next 3rd the day after or 3rd and off the next day than first the following. I couldnt function as human being or be there for my family. Money was decent, but other than that it wasnt good.
Very stressful
Food Steward (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INOctober 19, 2018
Very stressful place to work...co-workers don't do their own work and leave it for the next shift to do. Management does not show up on time, and are left with a long line of angry customers.
Pros
Same hours everyday
Cons
Management not on time, other workers not finishing their job, lack of respect for others.
Speedway
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Enon, OHOctober 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for Speedway they were very good to me and I advanced quickly with the help of upper Management .
The support from the corporate office was helpful in running the store when I was employed there.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Woud not mve me closer to Home
Stressful overworking
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 18, 2018
You had to do your job plus the shift before you job of whatever they left undone. It's stressful. People are rude. They don't pay enough for all the work that has to be done.
Pros
Some nights were easy and laid back.
Cons
Co-workers are rude and have attitudes. They treat you like their the boss.
We have fun and joke around with other employees to help pass the day
cashier (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHOctober 18, 2018
Its a very high pace and fast work environment and are giving multiple task to do with very few man power to work with and no one wants to work as a team to accomplish task that we are required everyday to be done.We get no breaks and i think get paid way to less for the work they want us to do and require us to do.
Loved this job! Easy to apply!
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40299October 18, 2018
You will meet so many great people and your bosses, co-workers are GREAT. Loved my managers. Miss it so much. Had all the hours I needed, given plenty of freedom and decision-making ability. Everyone there has a good time, and being a CSR is really like socializing at a party...it's just that easy.
This place tends to make promises they do not intend to keep
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 18, 2018
I was promised management several times and it was always given to some who was off the street. I always was asked to work long hours with min. Wage.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Deceitful
great
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 18, 2018
Speedway is a great company to work for I recommend anyone to go work there. Great benefits, security, never work alone. Also you can move up with this company
Its a fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2018
A typical day would consist of me clocking in to work. I'd start the hour by hour tasks, either sweeping or mopping and would then work the cash register. The people I work with are cheerful people and like to joke around and keep the work environment professional but also playful.
Pros
Good people to be around
Cons
Short breaks
ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INOctober 17, 2018
speedway was alright place for starting out. it was not a place to stay due to they don't have respect to their employees. mother in law died and they refused to give me day off. when funeral came up my boss told me that I could be a little late but still refused to let me take day off.
Pros
Cons
everything
Straight forward job requirements. Poor management. Friendly co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 16, 2018
Speedway is a nice place to work as far as you know what's expected of you and co-workers are generally friendly but the management can be very poor as well as training. Overall speedway is an alright place to work.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Poor management
Easy going but stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2018
I worked at a very busy Speedway despite its small stature. We got all kinds of people. Tourists, students and Universal Workers. I worked the morning shift. At first I would be with someone else but then the hours got reduced over time. There would be times where I would be stuck taking customers by myself. Often times, we would joke around to make the job easier. The hardest part was dealing with customers who think that they paid for gas with a debit/credit card, they automatically get cash back. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people everyday.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No discounts, no breaks
ok workplace
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 16, 2018
Went in at 5am everyday to open stores before cashiers got to work. Stocked deli and counted money for each store. Also, checked competitor prices at nearby stores
Overall I enjoyed working at Speedway and learning all that I did.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INOctober 16, 2018
Speedway was my first gas station job. We weren't a regular Speedway though, we were also a truck stop. And we were the busiest in the region. It was always busy, so there was always something to do. BONUS! and the people that worked there were amazing for the most part. We had a family there too. They were really good about training and being patient when you didn't get something. I learned about doing diesel fuel transactions, and how to keep a high traffic truck stop spotless and fully stocked at all times. It was a challenge, but it was a challenge I was ecstatic to meet. We had candy selling competitions for the districts (ours stretched across the south shore) and in my first month I won first place out of all the store. The next month I received a promotion. Once my training was complete I got another promotion offered to me from another store in a different area.
Pros
Fun fast-paced enviroment
Cons
They didn't work good with family emergencies.
Poor Pay, don't care about employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madeira Beach, FLOctober 16, 2018
The pay is barely above minimum wage and the district manager didn't seem to care about anything but numbers. Old manager was great but forced to move to a new store against their will and replaced by a bozo.
Pros
OK benifits
Cons
no break, poor pay
Enjoyable work place
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 16, 2018
Wait on customer's, counting cash, inventory, banking, paperwork,cleaning, stocking, checking in deliveries,pricing and stocking merchandise. Hardest part of my job was the occasional unhappy customer.
Pros
customer's
Cons
N/a
Decent job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCOctober 16, 2018
A perfectly fine place to work, Employee are happy to provide a welcoming environment. Management is happy to listen to and help their employees. Would recommend.
Such bad job.. They dont want to give you no raise, No holidays off.
Lead Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NCOctober 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part was the customers! The hardest part was working with people that wasn't getting their job done. I didn't like that we couldn't have nothing one holiday off.
Speedway lots of Burnout
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2018
Speedway goes around with the philosophy of place a warm body in ,get what you can out of that person and send them on there way .Speedway has no time for anything but number crunching at all cost .It's not unusual to have 3-4 associates go through this place a week because retaining employees is not in their culture .They have no need to keep employees because management is required to work at salary and keep the doors open no matter what the cost .management is often required to work 80 plus hours a week to keep the doors open.
Pros
paid on a weekly basis
Cons
everything else
Not worth it, would rate zero if possible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 15, 2018
+ Fast-paced environment where the customer is always the priority. The customers were actually the most pleasant part of the job. Good customer service job, recommended for those who like interacting with people. Interesting benefits for part-time workers such as tuition reimbursement and adoption assistance, more benefits for full-time workers. You should be able to multitask. Weekly pay, overtime pay, time and a half/holiday pay for multiple holidays.

- Bad attitudes all the time. Hostile environment. Management makes you feel incompetent for not knowing how to do something, instead they'll push you to the side and do it themselves. Definitely some favoritism going on when it came to scheduling. A lot of work for little pay even if you work 40 hours a week. Wouldn't recommend as a starting job unless you like getting stepped on. The positives don't make up for the awful experience.
Pros
Interesting customers I guess
Cons
No breaks or discounts, dodgy managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K
31.2K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss