Speedway LLC Employee Reviews

Found 4,631 reviews matching the search See all 4,655 reviews
Speedway
Lead Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 12, 2018
Great company, love working with the returning customers. Communication between management was good. Pay could be better, especially for night members due to dangerous conditions.
Speedway at times way very slow paced and a relaxing job. Speedway did get busy pretty often and then it would become fast pace and stressful.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 11, 2018
The Speedway I worked at in Hammond, IN on Calumet Avenue had a good manager but my coworkers belittled me and that caused me to quit. Besides that, I did enjoy working at Speedway since it was a way to make money for myself and it was an easy job.
Pros
Easy. Relaxed
Cons
Would get fast paced and stressful
Not a good place to work
Assistant Manager, donut maker (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCDecember 11, 2018
This company is not very supportive if you or family members have health issue's.
They push you to come back to work before your ready.
I had thyroid cancer, had 3 weeks off. Was only to work 35 hours a week when I came back. I was working g 70 plus. They would give me no help and then told me that my cancer was not a true medical reason to have off so they wanted me to pay back my medical leave pay. Then after I quit they would not pay me my 401 or vacation until i threatened to sue
Good at first, bad in the end
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 11, 2018
I started working at speedway in October of 2014 and worked there til Feb 2017. I was pregnant from June 2015 and had my daughter January 2016. They were always understanding when I told them I was and all throughout. I was even transferred to a different speedway after I had my daughter to pick up more hours. But that's when everything went down hill. I was working 30 hours a week. Until a new manager came in and cut my hours to one work day for 10 hours. We were butting heads, because I had a newborn and was in college and she just for some reason couldn't handle it. But it is a good company if you have the right managers. And I only made $1.40 raise in the time I worked there (2 years)
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay, some bad management.
Awsome
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYDecember 10, 2018
I actually loved working at speedway the managers worked with your schedule they are very respectful and respect your wishes its a hard fast pasting job but its also fun.
Pros
Fast pasting
Cons
Rude customers
Enjoyable place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNDecember 10, 2018
Never knew what to expect while working, due to numerous factories and surrounding establishments. Was an enjoyable workplace with fair music. Overall good company.
Pros
Good team environment
Cons
No employee discounts
Good employees. Friendly place to work.
Personnel Administration Processor (Former Employee) –  Enon, OHDecember 10, 2018
Greatly enjoyed working here. Started as a temp and was hired on into the personal department. Allowed work schedule to accommodate another position during transition of jobs.
certain locations
Lead CSR (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MADecember 9, 2018
if speedway did more communication the company would be amazing and the stores would never lose employees or managers this is ridiculous.. I have noticed they have great people who love to work for the company but the way they treat them is not acceptable in the real world.…
Pros
the DM is very nice
Cons
management
Fast paced and boring
Crew (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHDecember 8, 2018
The job at speedway was okay most of the time but it was also very stressful because of all of the things they make you do and they are very short staffed so it is hard to get anything done.
Manager randy in oak creek sucked the life out of everything he touched
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIDecember 7, 2018
he belittled, bullied, swore, demeaned, and ruined my mental health. i have NEVER been so disrespected in my entire life... he was awful to work for. and upper management would do nothing to help. it's sad because other than that i enjoyed my job but i couldnt handle the abuse. i was stressing even on my days off. it sucked.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management is abusive verbally
It was an alright place just didnt like that i was not trained properly
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHDecember 7, 2018
It was only fun to go and have a good time with the other workers but i did learn how to cook more things and how to talk to people. The management sucked they didnt know how to train.
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Park, KSDecember 6, 2018
Had to show great customer service showing customers where things belong and what goes where. Having to clean up the store whenever free also while having
Fun workplace but stay focused on your job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 6, 2018
Youll have a great crew to get all night with there's mini task you'll do through the day. Keep the store nicely and cleaned stay positive with customers
Pros
Get benefits
Cons
No breaks
Great place to work but Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2018
my 1st manager was wonderful understanding & flexible as well as always available
the next 3 however wanted to run you like a robot on a work line with not a care in the world that you're an actual human being with basic needs and family & would hire & fire at a drop of a dime leaving us overworked and understaffed
Amazing customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davison, MIDecember 5, 2018
Working for Speedway was very enjoyable. The manager at the store that I worked in was fair and tried very hard to work with all employees in order to promote a healthy work environment. Although sometimes extremely busy and hectic, working for the company was not stressful, the customers were the best!
Pros
flexible with my availability, good manager, awesome customers
Cons
hourly benefit could have been better
Its a very fun place to work for i enjoy meeting new peole everyday
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHDecember 4, 2018
The best part of my job is meeting new people and getting to know.my customers as well as their needs when they come in the store. And making sure we have what they need in stock
Pros
The hours
Cons
No breaks
Not For Me...
Retail Store Operations Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 4, 2018
Speedway is an okay job if you're a teenager or high school dropout. Its not the place for a person seeking a career UNLESS you can get to a regional or corporate HQ. It's definitely not the place for a person trying to provide for a family.

Salaried position pay is based on a 50 hour work week. 99% of those hours are spent standing. There isn't even any initial cautioning or recommendation for comfortable walking shoes to mitigate the discomfort.

This indicates that there is a lack of concern and consideration for the worker's quality of work life....at least by store and district management.
Pros
Few
Cons
long hours, low pay
only good thing about this job was meeting new people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PADecember 4, 2018
Bad management, forced to stay when the person coming in after you does'nt show up,managers are poorly trained and never cover any shifts,sadly under payed
company not the same
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 4, 2018
I used to work with the company when it was WilcoHess. It was a great place to work.Everyone took pride in their jobs and respected the owners of the company. When Speedway took over, there was hope that the company would continue to grow. But that has not happened. Talking to lots of people that work for the company tells me how bad it has gotten. Not only for the employees but look at the condition of the stores and the office. It's like a disease that has taken root and spreading.....so sad!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
good benifits
Cons
don't care for their employees
Low pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oak City, NCDecember 3, 2018
The Pay was low for the work you do and you don’t get noticed for the stuff you do and the hours was not adding up at all and the management that I had was not the proper manager to have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.3K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Speedway LLC.

Powered by Comparably