Speedway LLC Employee Reviews

Found 4,142 reviews matching the search See all 4,166 reviews
Team work and enjoyed being CSR
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 16, 2018
The manager I started with was wonderful. He worked with me for my schedule. I had M - F morning -early afternoon. I did training along with my CSR duties and general upkeep of the store. I also took it upon myself to organize areas of the store to be more efficient for all employees. Once the manager was moved to another store, the incoming manager was not actual management material. We all worked as a team prior to the new manager coming in and the moral went down.

Corporate did not help the manager and did not care about their employees.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Corporate treatment of employees
I enjoyed it but started too not like it slowly
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJuly 16, 2018
Wanted too be there for a while but problems kept me from staying there nothing alllowd me too keep working there once you hate a job and it starts too reflect hours of being in the work place not even worth it anymore I went from being there everday too hating it every hour
Okay
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fruitport, MIJuly 15, 2018
I was training for fives days
stuff that I already knew besides how to use the griller
okay
okay friendly
nothing really besides leave of absences
I dont know
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Worst company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 15, 2018
Don't work for the Marin Blvd station located in jersey city NJ. Manager isn't a manager and he has guys working under a different name. Doesn't care about people who work for him
Cons
I would go back if I needed to
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2018
I lived the job but the pay was not very good. They didn't want to allow you to recover if you was sick. You either skow up or lose your job after one day regardless of the situation.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N1/a
Very busy.
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 14, 2018
You have to be able to multitask. Be friendly and able to be loose enough to have fun with the customers and coworkers. Not bad of a job if you’re okay with being put in occasional stressful situation. Not a long term period job though.
Pros
Like a family. Paid breaks. Customers will remember your face.
Cons
Management is not always the best.
Not a Good Place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 13, 2018
During my time in this company, there were so many issues. Many people quit and I had to cover up to double shift, my schedule used to change during the week, the manager was always sitting down even when a employee needed of his help. They change me from full time to part time and from part time to full time without letting me know, the manager through out my benefit letter in the garbage because one day before I knew I could receive benefits he changed me to part time, and part time do not receive benefits. Since the manager was always sitting down he used to call me to go from pumping gas to make food , then he used to pulled me out of the kitchen to attend the register, and than if it was busy outside again I had to run outside and than come back in the store to finish the food. A lot of people quit within a month working in this store because the manager use to do exactly the same with them. The worse thing was that no one could ever take a break not even a 5 minutes one.
Good experience job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 13, 2018
A typical work is come in and perform cashier duties. Also, there was cleaning of the store daily.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with unsatisfactory homeless people stealing and hanging around store.
The best part of job was getting paid weekly.
stressful, lot of hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Coal Grove, OHJuly 13, 2018
learned a lot about running a truck stop. typically worked over the 50 hours because of the call off rate. management was not helpful, usually had to run store alone.
If you don’t care about your life outside of work, this job is for you.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 13, 2018
Long hours and you don’t get a break. Lots of pressure on managers to get things done. You don’t get free food or drinks or even a discount on it! You have to pick up shifts if you’re a manager and there’s a call in. It won’t take you long to get worn out working here. If you care about your physical and mental health, I really don’t recommend working here as a manager.
Pros
Attractive benefits, decent pay, plenty of overtime
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, no free food/drinks, no employee discount, bad environment, horrible work/life balance
Fast pace always something to do
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INJuly 12, 2018
There is always something to do. Someone always needs help. You can stay busy your whole shift. People try to work together for the most part so that everyone gets everything done the right way and on time.
every changing
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 12, 2018
The communication at work is a very limited and needs improvement people do not think of the person coming in and what they are leaving for the next shift which can be frustrating
Speedway is a good place to work
Cashier, Stocking, Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OH 45133July 12, 2018
No complaints with this company, Nice environment and employees. This isn't a place where I would want to retire from but it helps with those who are currently in college.
its falling apart
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INJuly 12, 2018
the managers and the people I work with are nice, but pretty much everything else is falling apart, corporate doesn't really care about anything or anyone, and people are rude and look down on you
Cons
no scheduled breaks or any discounts on anything
Promise you the world but never delivers
CSR - Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJuly 11, 2018
Promise you the world but never delivers. They act like they want to promote you but then leave you either in limbo or when they do, they don't back up your authority as middle management.

This varies a lot from store to store.
Pros
Meet the public and get to know people
Cons
Pay is poor as well as long waits for advancement
chill job
CASHIER/ SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 10, 2018
enjoyed working there, not a hard job. If I had an opportunity to work with them again I definetly would! I loved being paid weekly every Wednesday...
There is always something to do
Food Steward (Former Employee) –  Coats, NCJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work if you like staying busy. There are constant training reviews to keep you up to date, Room to move up as long as you don't mind waiting.
Benefits
Cons
no holidays off
okay
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 9, 2018
speedway was a good enviornment but was stressful at times. the staff was great, customers were hectic at times, i learned a lot when it came to inventory and managing time for everyone
Workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Bargersville, INJuly 9, 2018
High Speed face paced environment, We went through many managers during my employment with Speedway Overall I enjoyed working there, The upper management however I do not believe realizes how much work we did for the company to keep it running smoothly
Pros
greawt coworkers
Cons
hard to get needed overtime approved
Fun Working enviroment
Helpdesk Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Enon, OHJuly 9, 2018
Tier 1 store support. Rotating shifts to cover work flow during storms. Worked directly with store manager and district managers to solve Point of Sale and fueling station issues.
Short assignment in the field to work directly with the fuel and pump techs. Vendor relations
Pros
Working with Friendly People
Cons
No advancement options.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41.1K
31.1K

Diversity score

72out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Speedway LLC.

Powered by Comparably