Speedway LLC Employee Reviews

31.2K
Found 4,259 reviews matching the search See all 4,283 reviews
Speedway
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Columbia, NCAugust 16, 2018
Its a good place to start but not stay because its a gas station and you can't make a life off a gas station unless you get high up in it. I liked it before the old manager left for another job. I do not like the new mangers.
Pros
Learning how to deal with situations
Cons
Lottery
Ok place to work
District Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 16, 2018
The organization is run in a proactive fashion. The work environment is fine. The job itself takes a while to fully understand however is simple once done with training.
Busy but fun job
Food service specialist co manager (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 16, 2018
Always busy but it’s not hard work there’s just always constantly something that needs done I would defiantly recommend this job to someone who likes to stay busy
Pros
Bonus for meeting goals
Fast-paced, excellent teamwork
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coal Grove, OHAugust 16, 2018
Great environment to work in and great people that I worked for. The pay was not enough for me to be able live comfortably with the current cost of living and also not enough for my financial goals and responsibilities.
I loved it..
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHAugust 16, 2018
And I would have stayed if they gave me more hours.. They kept me busy cleaning in between customers.i loved the store manager she was awesome........
Fun but difficult
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bound brook njAugust 15, 2018
Its difficult to put into words how i feel about this place. It can be fun and rewarding but can also utterly destroy your other commitments. It can be very hard to work here sometimes.
Benefits
not to bad of a job
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scotia, NYAugust 15, 2018
A lot of things to do, A lot of multi tasking but its not a hard job. Work place culture and management is different in different locations.Hardest part about the job is learning the products and sales. Most enjoyable part is all the different customers you get to meet.
Not paid enough for the stress
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 14, 2018
Most employees are lazy, including management. Customers are filthy, and you are constantly cleaning up after them, and auditing everyone else in your store to ensure that expired foods are properly discarded and rotated. Management doesn't take the time to fully train staff -even after a year- and you miss out on raises because you don't know how to do your job properly, or get the help you ask for.
benefits
Cons
manditory understaffing
Love the company, individual stores are a crapshoot
[withheld] (Current Employee) –  [withheld]August 14, 2018
Let me start by saying that I absolutely love the company and the corporate culture; on the whole, this is an organization that gives back to the community, listens to it's employees, and is dedicated to being a responsible steward of the environment and taking care of it's employees.

That said, it's been my experience, as well as the experience of several that I've talked to within the company, that individual stores can suck. Sometimes it's a case of being put somewhere where there's a personality clash, but sometimes it's that leadership in some of these stores have given up; they don't care, they're burnt out, they're wasting time until they hit retirement, and they take it out on anyone who has any ambition or desire to enjoy the job. I went from genuinely loving my job and my customer base to being transferred to a new store and feeling like my best option would be to quit because of the amount of backstabbing.

Again, I stress: this is not the corporate culture on the whole. But it does seem to be a problem within individual stores.
Pros
Great corporate culture overall
Cons
Some stores don't adhere to Speedy Standards of Teamwork
Busy
Shift Lead/Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHAugust 14, 2018
Busy setting. Very fast paced. Constant customers. You dont get lunch breaks regardless of how many hours you work in one day. There is always stuff to do. Whether its inside or out.
Pros
Fast Paced, Air Conditioned
Cons
No breaks, 12 trash cans
wouldnt recommend unless side job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 14, 2018
Job overall is too much for the pay. You have to do everything, they do offer plenty of hours once they see you have gotten the hang of things. They do expect a lot some what, but depending on you and the person you're working with (if there is two of you), you can pick and choose what you're going to do.
Productive , Fun workplace
ANALYST MATERIALS CONTROLLER (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHAugust 14, 2018
A Pleasant place to work, a lot of teamwork and positive productivity. Workplace culture is very diverse. A lot of corporate fundraiser's always made it very enjoyable. Growing company!
fast-paced working environment
CSR/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2018
hardest part: cleaning ovens
most enjoyable: meeting all kinds of different people
Management is wonderful and understanding
I learned many different things from customers and employees from the best way to stock coolers, to the differences between different options.
Pros
Pleasant people, enjoyable workplace
Cons
No breaks, Had to pay for everything without discounts
A relaxed atmosphere
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 13, 2018
This is usually a pretty relaxing place there are times that it can get pretty stressful. Sometimes your customers can get mean but as long as you don't get rude it usually goes quite well.
Pros
Your co-workers are usually great people
Cons
No discounts or free meals
Fun Beginners' Job
Speedway CSR (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 13, 2018
If you want get started in retail, Speedway is a good option to consider. Great way to get cashiering experience as well. Long-lasting friendships will be made.
Worst Year of My Life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAAugust 13, 2018
Never work at a gas station for as long as you live, it's just not worth the stress. Management was virtually nonexistent, and the environment was always toxic.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Everything else
horrible very stressful
Cashier; Shift Leader; Lead CSR (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 12, 2018
This is a company that cares more for lining their own pockets then its employees. Individual managers try to do the best they can to help employees but have to stay with the standards set by upper management
Good company to work for with a great staff except...
Shift Leader 2 (Former Employee) –  Brick Twp, NJAugust 12, 2018
My store had the record for employee turnovers. Both gas attendants (NJ) and CSR's. General mgt. and upper echelon were obsessed with co. regs. Standards are a must, but so is the proper treatment and wages for all the store team members. Great teamwork results in exceptional customer service. HR & upper mgt. doesn't know how to deal with certain employees, including senior citizens. The basic business principle of: a great work team results in providing great performance and service to the customers; is not in the real world of Speedway.
Pros
Serving the general public with a smile!
Cons
Low wages & the excessive promotion of the Speedy Rewards card
Nice place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 12, 2018
Good place for a young kid but not sustainable for trying to live of it with a partner. It is nice that they do pay weekly but still it's not enough. If you dont work full time for a full year you want get vacation or sick time kinda a bummer but what ya gonna do lol
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No breaks, low pay, stressful
well tuned work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elk Rapids, MIAugust 11, 2018
Speedway is a great place to work well paid great people and its neat to meet all the different people. And the mangers are vary willing to help and guide you through anything you struggle with
Pros
great environment
Cons
busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight