Speedway LLC

2.9Pay & Benefits

Found 2,402 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,741 reviews
customhourbreakbenefitstoreemployeecustomeramaze

Enjoyable

Not bad at all. They offer very flexible schedules. The work isn’t hard just need to be alert at all times. Depending on location the customers are usually pleasant.

Fast paced little support

You’re often left alone in the store and forced to work with no breaks, my manager had me work a 17 hour shift with no breaks or being able to sit I would avoid speedway if you are looking for something easy on your body and mind

Pros

Cons

No breaks, little pay, no job security, bad upper management

alright job for what you're being paid

Not a bad gas station job. you see the best and worst in people with any customer service job so just be ready for it. Pay isn't bad for what you do but their is no breaks and you normally work 8 hour shifts.

The only good thing was my coworkers

I worked for Speedway for just under a year, and the only positives were my coworkers and the regular customers who were usually kind. When I worked there, the pay was not at all competitive — I was paid the Michigan minimum wage when I started, with a $0.30 increase in pay after being there for I think it was six months or something like that. However, even after I had received the raise, new hires were making more than I was which was a little annoying, but then again at least those new people were better off I guess pay wise (not by much at all, though). Either way, you don’t get paid nearly enough for the amount of times customers come in and yell at you because THEY forgot their ID when they knew they needed it to buy alcohol or tobacco products because they’re clearly under 40 (store policy when I worked there was you had to ask for ID for anyone purchasing tobacco or alcohol products who looked under 40). In addition, there were issues at my store with the manager, but despite multiple employees filing complaints, corporate did nothing (at least while I worked there).

A crazy roller coaster

Some days are good some days are bad. Staff changes every month and no one is permanent. Managers are nice people even thought they try to be mean. Flexible around my school schedule but the pay is terrible for the amount of cleaning and how busy the store stays. Customers can be some of the nicest and craziest people you’ll meet

Pros

Customers, flexibility

Cons

Pay, workload, customers, benefits

Great benefits/low pay

The company has great benefits, but the pay is low. Some people act like they're still in Jr. High with talking about people. The GM's I've met are great and very helpful and want you to succeed. Room for advancement, but not a good work/life balance.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Long hours, short staffed, low pay.

underpaid,understaffed,overworked

underpaid,understaffed,overworked. Customer service so be ready for angry to crazy customers . Never enough staff to keep store clean or do all of the duties. benefits are good but pay is very poor .

They dont care about their people

We are all just numbers. I dont get to spend any time with my child or family. No work life balance at all. Also bonus structure is not good, offten times my managers make more money than me.

liars

they sale you with tuition reimbursement benefits. Then they tell you your major does not align with the business so they won’t reimburse you. My major is psychology and they still wouldn’t do anything.

Typical Customer service job

Compensation could obviously be much better but sadly I've come to expect less. Was understaffed when I worked there. Managers were hesitant to hire more people.

Terrible pay, terrible company

So much that they want you to do for minimum wage, which is $7 and some change. It’s a busy store especially the morning times and you’re so understaffed that you’re literally the only person running the store and it’s not worth it at all

Good temporary position

My biggest problem was the place being horribly understaffed. The work is easy and you get paid weekly. Had to leave because it only fulfilled the bare minimum of my needs.

It's not terrible

The pay is pretty poor, but what do you expect when the job is just pumping gas? Best part of the job is making tips and having small talk with the odd interesting customer. There's also a decent amount of downtime, so you can listen to music or whatever when you're not attending to anybody. Management is pretty accommodating schedule-wise as long as you give notice in advance, coworkers are helpful most of the time, and the vast majority of customers are polite. Worst part of the job is spilling gas or diesel on yourself and the smell sticking around for multiple washes. Overall not a terrible job, but probably not one you should stick with long term unless you're alright with your clothes smelling, and living paycheck to paycheck.

Terrible

Was supposed to be a full time job but after was hired had to work 2 stores just to get 32 hours then was totally removed from one store without notification still haven't been paid for my last week of working there

Fast Pace Environment while interacting with different customers daily.

The job is not difficult but the staff itself can be overwhelming sometimes if they choose not to work as a unit. As well as pay is varied upon person and the pay I’m give. is not made to support a family on vs a kid in college, nor is our benefits for vision/dental etc.

Store is constantly busy so the night goes by really fast. Most customers are a pleasure to deal with mostly regulars. Management stays off your back as long you show up for your shifts and do work as assigned. Pay and vacation time could be better but other benefits are really good. Overall a good company to work for.

Pros

Benefits l, Management

Cons

Pay

Great Benefits pay is good. Hours are long at times

Good job. Hours are long sometimes, but the pay is nice, so no complaints their. There is always room for advancement, if your willing to put in the work.

Pros

Benefits, management pay

Cons

Cashier pay, no breaks

You'll always have work

My overall experience working here was good. Just make sure you get in at the right amount. You'll be working on Food Equip, Tanking/Lines, Dispensers, Electric, AC, Roofing, Networking, Cashier Area Equip etc. I can't list it all. Be prepared for after hour and weekend work. Some of it AUTO GENERATED as in no human involvement... No feelings. No fux given.Your direct customers are the store managers. Some can be a chore to work with. You can also team up with other technicians surrounding the area to assist with certain tasks. The best things about this job are the benefits, job security and work vehicle. There's an highlight on safety and you will learn something new every day.

Flexibility work with management to accommodate

I have been working with this company for 3 years their pay is reasonable, depending in your efforts they also offers from promotions to success on leadership and higher positions they also offers health benefits at reasonable prices

Steady work but low pay.

Steady work but low pay. Management easy to work with. Customers for the most part very nice. As long as you were on time every time you were scheduled and you drawer wasn't short it was easy work.

Pros

Easy scheduling. Time off if you need it.

Cons

Low pay. Some coworkers lazy.

Over worked

At speedway they don't believe in breaks. Of you have a chance you might get 5 minutes. 50 hour plus work weeks and zero appreciation for that 50 hours was mandatory.

Pros

Decent benifits

Cons

To many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedway LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Speedway LLC with

• Speedway LLC
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?