Spellman High Voltage Electronics Employee Reviews

Production steady
Electronic A Technician (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 19, 2017
All around good atmosphere.very diversified in high voltage power supplies a good place to get tech training.can become a good asset to company.need to stay in guidlines to safety regulations
Pros
People always willing to help
Cons
No xmas bonus
Productive and Fun Environment
Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYFebruary 21, 2016
I enjoy working for Spellman. They use good team work and its a great environment. The parking lot has a lot of space, the bathrooms are clean and everything is very organized everywhere.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Excellent place to work and further your career
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Manage the Purchasing dept
Negotiated contracts
Managed a staff of 8
Enjoyed saving money through creative negotiating.
Pros
Excellent communication
Cons
Not enough travel
For the most part a good company to work for.
Machinist/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 29, 2015
This was a good company to work for the majority of my nearly eight yrs there. The people were, for the most part, a pleasure to work with. We were treated well with a good wage and benefits. I really liked working there. We were promised by the owner that based on vertical intergration concepts we would always be needed as a prototype shop and that only the production work would be sent to our plants in Mexico. That suddenly changed In Nov. 2013 when we were informed the machine shop was closeing and our jobs were being outsourced to Mexico.
Pros
Stated above
Cons
Stated above
I fun working place with many great co-worker around and willing to help a goals
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 30, 2014
My duties to inspect a product to blue print, and update any mistake in writing to eng. to cooperating between drawing and production units. I am able to work in any department that need help to move products, with great management and co-worker willing to answer any question that I have. the most hardest and challeng job is inspect new prototype product with limited documentation and have to meet company standards, my enjoyable days are to see all products run smooth and meet deadline for delivery.
Productive, Driven and Positive Place
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge NYDecember 9, 2013
This company has a very good and positive environment. Its located at the heart of Long Island. One of the last few that still operates on Long Island but is getting hit by the high tax rate and costs.
Great office atmosphere, still use skills today
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 28, 2012
I would start my day at 8:15, where I would get a listing of late parts produced by the Materials Resource Planning (MRP) system. Then I would contact the vendors of these parts, usually in order of which one was the "hottest". The vendors and I would go back and forth on the expected dates of delivery, complete with tracking on UPS,Fed Ex, etc. when shipped. I would continue to do this everyday until the part lands, which was confirmed by the shipping/receiving crew. All the while updating my status in an Oracle based database. The supervisors were more than fair, and the staff were a joy to work with. Once in a while I hear from some of my former co-workers, and most of them still work for this company. (There were layoffs a few years ago, which was more than likely a sign of the economic times) Spellman is one of my past employers in which the skills I learned there are still being used today.
Pros
great learning environment

Want to know more about Spellman High Voltage Electronics?

Ask a question