Spencer's Gifts Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,372 reviews matching the search See all 1,612 reviews
Interesting place to work
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2018
The job has an enjoyable culture, but to be honest it seems very disorganized, perhaps because said culture is so laid back. Being a supervisor there was pretty awful because I didn't get the same perks as management, even though I was considered management and held keys as well.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
disorganized
Loved working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 16, 2018
It was a great position working here until a new manager was brought along. This is when I knew it was time to concentrate on my priority job and school life.
Great store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
A great store to work at...a very different store to work for....some of the items might not be for you but a good place to work....it is a very fast pace place to work
Pros
Casual wear
Cons
Hours
People are really childish
Sales supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJuly 15, 2018
The employees act like they are still in high school. And they never pay attention to what they are doing they also are more like friends with management and it makes for a tough work environment.
Fun place to work with no dress code
Sales associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJuly 14, 2018
On a day to day basis i mainly greet people at the door, fold shirts and check people out at the register. I also push sales goals and contests while helping guests find just what they're looking for, whether it be a specific love product or one of our new storage jars. There's a lot of hilarious stuff and new things almost every week. It rarely gets old working here.
Pros
30% discount, flexible hours, fun environment, no dress code, friendly staff
Cons
No healthcare benefits, not enough hours, annoying teenagers who are blatantly to young to be in the back snickering at love products, and rubber chickens
Fun and productive Work Environment
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJuly 13, 2018
Working here is very enjoyable. Management really cares about the well being of the team. Typical day is folding t shirts, general store maintenance such as sweeping, as well as helping customers. Spencers is a very employee focused company.
Pros
discounts, flexible work schedule
Cons
Promotions can take up to a year to get
Lots of fun but plenty work
General Manager/Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 12, 2018
Overall I really enjoyed my time there. The company is really great for flexible hours even in management. Definitely would return for work. Day to day duties vary but have a regular repittion to them. Never much of stressful situations except during seasonal times.
Pros
Full time management, comfortable work environment
Cons
Low hours for sales associates, pay could be better
An invasion of privacy, to say the least
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJuly 11, 2018
You walk in. Your supervisor for the day tells you what you're supposed to do and when you're supposed to go on break for the day. After hours of being distracted from your assigned tasks, you leave for your lunch break. Your pockets, shoes, and bag are checked at the door, in front of any customers in or walking by the store. When you come back from lunch, your supervisor reprimands you for making little to no progress on your assigned tasks, which you then work on for the rest of your shift. When you leave, you again are searched at the door.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
rigid scheduling, inconsistent scheduling, last minute schedule changes without notice
Enjoyable working environment and a great place to learn.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 10, 2018
Had a great time working with this company, would love to do something for their social media platform. Learned sales skills as well as technical (cashier) skills.
One of the best jobs I have worked for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 9, 2018
Coming from a family business into this job, this became my new home. I loved everyone I worked with, everyone was open to new things, and I was never afraid to ask questions about something. If your looking for a retail position to start out with. I reccommend this job to start!
Pros
Flexiable Schedule, Well Listened Co-Workers
Fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 7, 2018
Everything about Spencer Gifts was great! I made it a fun place to work. I gave everyone a set goal everyday and they usually got their goal and more.
Pros
Good pay
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJuly 6, 2018
I had a great experience working at spencer's I met a ton of awesome people not only within the company but the customers were GREAT :) The only sad thing was that my hours got cut so severely I had to leave. I would definitely work there again.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great discounts, awesome place to work
Cons
hours cut severely
Productive and vibrant working enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 5, 2018
In my years at Spencer's I have never had a dull or drab day. Once becoming an associate you become like family and work hard together to make life a party for every customer that enters that door.
Pros
Fun engaging enviroment
Cons
Short lunch break
Fun fast paced environment, with great team building skills and great encouraging members of management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 5, 2018
I think Spencers was a great place to work at, and I was treated very well, treated like a valued member of the spencer store #26 team. It had a lot of freedom to be yourself that was also in semi professional setting. I learned a lot about working on cash register and about doing inventory, mark downs and sales floor etiquette. A typical day consisted of greeting customers, helping customers find items, and running cash register, as well as maintaining the integrity of the store during my shift.
Pros
Flexible schedule, High start pay above minimum wage, great atmosphere
Cons
Short lunch breaks, drama
Reliable and fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at spencers they have a great working atmosphere, very nice employees and are willing to work with you. The only thing i would change is the amount of hours you're given.
company as a whole
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 2, 2018
The company is not the best to work for. the higher managers than me were always so sad and down and just treated everyone so poorly. it was not a good experience for a work place.
The job was ok to me
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2018
I actually wanted a better position than what I initially had at Spencer’s warehouse.I did what I could at that company but a Spencer’s I was seeking more
Pros
Two breaks
Cons
No pay raise
Great workplace
Sales Associate, Part-time (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, WVJuly 1, 2018
Just a part time job for me but it is a good place to work. The discount is very nice. Customs and employees are all friendly. It’s a great part time opportunity
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2018
I had fun working there, even though I had next to nothing for hours. The work was repetative and very slow due to lack of customers. I would recommend this company to work for.
Pros
Fun co workers, simple tasks, interacting with customers
Cons
Low pay, low hours, slow work.
Awesome
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 30, 2018
Super easy super fun super cool people. Not much to do except help guests, fold shirts, clean store stand around twiddle thumbs and wish you were at home lol.