Spencer's Gifts Employee Reviews

Found 1,525 reviews matching the search See all 1,788 reviews
Fun job for kids in school, but pay is too low for anyone to live off of
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSFebruary 11, 2019
Good part time job that is fun and easy going. I was promoted to sales supervisor within 1yr. Only downfall was that the pay did not compare to even super market cashiers who started off much higher for a more basic job with less responsibilities. Turn over will always be high because of the low pay. It is aimed for high school or college kids, in exception to the one store manager that runs it.
Pros
Fun, fast pace, sociable
Cons
30min breaks, low pay
Overall Excelent
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 7, 2019
A pleasure to work for the company, I had the great fortune to have an outstanding manager and excellent co-workers.
They have been exceptionally understanding of my desire to relocate to Orlando and I'll be sorry to leave them behind.
The store itself is open and friendly, offering curious and unique gifts, some of which would otherwise be only found in specialty stores.
Cons
Pay
Company Does not care about you
Assistant Store Manager at Spencers (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 7, 2019
I worked in this company for a year now and have not got a raise. The DM is awful. I also think that this job as a career is horrible. You work way too much and get stressed out for money that is not worth it.
Real fun!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIFebruary 6, 2019
Spencer’s is like working with fanily. Everybody works as a team, the job gets done as a team. We all looked after each other. We would never let anyone go astray.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Full time only offered to Store Manager
Very Productive place to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYFebruary 2, 2019
Getting tasks done throughout the day while multitasking with working on the cash register. I learned how to do a planogram for the first time. The management works really well with all their employees. The hardest thing about the job is finding a way to stay busy throughout the work day when it becomes slow some days. Getting along with all of your co-workers and developing a lasting friendship with everyone and everyone is very friendly to work with.
Pros
Bought Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Friendly workers.
Spirit Halloween (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 30, 2019
For my first time working, everyone was really nice and calm. It was my first time on register and i thought i would be terrible at it, but it was easy.
Pros
Happy place
Each department runs differently
Visual Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJanuary 30, 2019
Depending on the department, the environment may change. Some departments require more intense focus where others are more relaxed. Overall the company tries to make sure comfortably. In house cafeteria and food catered, in house gym and shower rooms, semi casual dress code, quiet offices, and fun company events.
Pros
Provides a fun environment and focuses on employe comfortability
Cons
Depending on the department it can be a stressful experience and miss guided leadership
Fun work place
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 29, 2019
This is a place with lively people, its a high energy work space. Fun and up beat but still also relaxed at the same time. Stocking is fairly simple, everything is easy to get too.
Pros
mall
Cons
Temp for remodel
terrible place to work biggest turn over in Nc
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2019
Spencer distribution center use to be a good place to work at until the new management now its horrible getting rid of all of the loyal long time employees only want temps do not care about their employees at all no good benefits fired several long term people for all the wrong reasons have too many pets and they will fire you if you don't go along with them CORPORATE needs to look into why all these loyal long term employees were fired
Pros
no pros
Cons
it sucks
Cool People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 28, 2019
I really enjoyed working here because of the fact that the workers are very nice and awesome people. They understand life and are able to be flexible within reason.
Pros
Good times
Cons
No food
Nice work environment, fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJanuary 28, 2019
Spencer's Gifts is a nice, genuine place to work. I learned a lot of different skills while working for this company. I also enjoyed helping the guests.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 28, 2019
If you like working hard and having fun at the same time, this job is for you. maintaining an honest staff can be difficult but once you have a good team under you the jobs a breeze!
Pros
discounts on cool stuff, awesome co workers and customers
Cons
lots of theft
I mean, fun in theory?
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJanuary 26, 2019
Spencers! What an awesome place to work. Or so any teenager out there would assume. I worked there almost two years on minimum wage. We had very few employees at any given time so I was often forced to work open to close. I could literally do every job there, even management tasks, but was never given a raise or promotion. I even did the management training. I believe the boss had a personal problem with me and I had had enough. I quit and was placed on the no rehire list. Not even a week later that manager was fired. However I did try to reapply but could not be put back on do to my placement on the no rehire list.
Grest Place for a College Student
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 24, 2019
Starting at a sales associate nit a lot was asked of me. The general keeping the store clean to ringing customers up was about it. As a sales supervisor, the things asked were typical for a supervisor.
Relaxed and Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 23, 2019
Corporate has little need for lower down employees' opinions on merchandising and marketing, which is frustrating. However, the other staff are great people who are super easy to get along with and make it a great working environment.
Fun atmosphere
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 22, 2019
Low stress work place where co workers care for each other. I worked there for part of high school and two years of college. They where very flexible with my schedule.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
hours
fun work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 22, 2019
They have a very lax dress code and are very customer friendly. The job entails folding shirts and helping customers to the very best of your abilities.
Excellent
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 16, 2019
I like working for Spencers, It is a fun environment. When you work for Spencers you are required to greet and interact with the customers. Help customers.
Fun Workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVJanuary 15, 2019
At Spencer Gifts, you could really be yourself as long as you get your job done and you assist customers effectively. The environment was friendly and comfortable.
Great Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 14, 2019
The learning experience and the freedom given to explore possibilities was immense with this company. You can strive in the understanding of the retail environment and grow personal along with the experience.