Spencer's Gifts Employee Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Found 62 reviews matching the search See all 1,953 reviews
Ok job for college student
Anonymous lead (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2019
Not a good job if you want to make a living. The peek season only lasts 3 months out of a year and it's back to no work. You would have to work 2 job's to make ends meet. Rules are like prison/elementary school.
fun enviroment
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2019
working at spencer gifts was easy the staff was okay assisted with issues quickly and overall stayed busy so day went by fast. warehouse was also very organized
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
extremly hot in summer extremly cold in winter
Production and a fun workplace
Warehouse work load and unload truck (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2019
Start off at entry-level I attain forklift certificate operated the pallet jack was a lot of stocking a lot of warehouse work work at your own pace didn't have to work at a fast pace longest you worked at a nice pace and got the job done did about 12 to 20 trucks a day unloading loading and if we finish before 8 hours we get paid for 8 hours free lunch break, a safe an excellent place to work
Pros
Free lunch break
Cons
The majority of the hiring is done through temp agency
terrible place to work biggest turn over in Nc
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2019
Spencer distribution center use to be a good place to work at until the new management now its horrible getting rid of all of the loyal long time employees only want temps do not care about their employees at all no good benefits fired several long term people for all the wrong reasons have too many pets and they will fire you if you don't go along with them CORPORATE needs to look into why all these loyal long term employees were fired
Pros
no pros
Cons
it sucks
Conservative supervisors
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 28, 2018
The lack of hours and pay rate are the two things that should be increased for the employees in every department, not just specific areas. 40 hours a week with a pay increase of $12 hourly guaranteed.
Former Employee Charlotte NC
Ecommerce (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 4, 2018
Spencer's is not the place to work. Management and recruiter were very rude and they are always running out of work, but they are steady bringing in people all the time. It takes about 5 minutes to walk to the front for break, and their is nowhere sit in the break-room. You do not get the whole break, and you have to go back before the bell ring. They act like everything has to be in a rush.
Pros
Work hours are great.
Cons
Short breaks without enough pay
Nope
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 2, 2018
Have health problems from all the dust. Quality control messy asf. U have to race on your breaks and at lunch. The security guards are ratchet asf. Right now they expecting you to work 7 days a week in that filthy place. Nation's Ford warehouse... No go. Hoez want to get btfu out there, spreadn diseases. Aids is in the building so stay sanatized up.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Management breaks pay hrs quality control
good place to start
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2018
my job at this company was be a team lead to a team of 20 workers. every morning i would meet with higher ups to discuss our production from the night before along with our forecast for that day
Pros
management
Cons
long, hot days lots of moving around
Great place to work for a new IT sPECIALIST
Information Technology System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 27, 2018
overall I had a great experience here with the IT Spencer department. I learned so much on the job and they are willing to make sure you are ready to go before they ask you to perform on your own.
Pros
great work enviorment, management is great
Cons
busy during peek season, Halloween time.
Stressful Environment
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2018
Rachet employees, High turnover company; Great hours during the summer; Shipping and Receiving the best department; Not enough microwaves; Temps have to park too far away from main entrance.
Pros
Discounts, Halloween Auction
Cons
Seasonal
The job was ok to me
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2018
I actually wanted a better position than what I initially had at Spencer’s warehouse.I did what I could at that company but a Spencer’s I was seeking more
Pros
Two breaks
Cons
No pay raise
Productive place to work and great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2018
Spencer gifts is good place to work, you get to build a realtionship with the staff and interact with the guest a little more. The environment is fun and comfortable.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Short breaks
liked it
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed working in charlotte Nc. I lived two hours away, I needed a job and I made the best of it. they trained me to to drive high lift trucks. it was a good job.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
Loved working there hated my job assignment ended
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2017
Like working with the different product because I worked q/a an loved it. Nice friendly people very helpful. Very hands on experience fast paste bet productive work place.
Pros
Very hands on job fast paste very friendly
Cons
Very great exsperience very hands on great place to work
Crowded work environment
QA LEAD (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 25, 2017
High turn over rate. lUse a lot of temporary agencies so work environment is not stable, The management was not up to par. Management was clicked off.
Spencers Gift
Picker on Line (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 11, 2017
The management was never understanding and wanted you to work harder then they pay. You would never see a full weeks check bc they have you off most fridays and always change schedule at the last min and want you to neglect life. I was very unfair when they tell you 5 min before leaving you have to come in early or come on a sunday. They was mean at times to you!
Pros
nice coworkers and security
Cons
mean managment, poor communication, lack of hours
Productive and fun workplace
Electric Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2017
Spencer's did not seem like a professional establishment. The management did not uphold their dress code violation. Plus, it was a lot of favoritism shown.
Pros
great discounts on merchandise during Halloween
Cons
not enough pay and dishonesty
Fast-paced, stressful at time
RATE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2017
paying invoices, answering calls, filing and entering information of all stores onto a spreadsheet, comparing rates against different truck companies, sometime stressful but overall perfect team I worked with!
Fast paced.
Picker/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2017
The conditions of the job entitled works to work in extremely hot conditions and without proper foot support. Some of the worker mainly the leads treated everyone like they deserved any discomfort.
Pros
Paid every week
Cons
No mats, long walks, and short breaks
spencers gift shop
picker and packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2017
Fast pace ,cool employees a very comfortable work place great teamwork we pick and pack orders to be ship out to stores all over the world me pick and pack shirts,socks,cups,jewerly,candy,clothes,shoes ,hats,
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
15 mins brakes