Spencer's Gifts Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 643 reviews matching the search See all 2,001 reviews
A fun and laid back workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 10, 2019
An enjoyable place to work, with opportunities to get to know interesting new people and products. I furthered my experience with connecting with fellow associates as well as management and learned to balance maintaining the store with customer service. Difficulty tends to come from a smaller and sometimes inexperienced and unwilling staff. Overall it is a fun and fast paced place to work.
Fun place but low pay and bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2019
Pretty fun environment when my manager was not there. He was always grumpy and would take it out on us by being rude or complaining about other coworkers. He was unorganized and would make the schedule the day before the week would start so i would not be able to plan anything. The pay is super low and not worth it.
Cool place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 3, 2019
I love the diversity in the environment there as a customer and employee. As an employee it gives me a chance to be exposed to people from all over. I enjoy participating in store contests and sales initiatives.
Drama, poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIAugust 25, 2019
Poor management, immature, high turnover, bad pay matched with low hours. Poor training, over the top expectations. Too much drama and disrespect. Good luck keep employees.
Not Worth the Pay/Drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNAugust 23, 2019
I honestly was happy to work there. I got referred by a coworker of a precious job. Started out pretty easy. Interview was easy. Store manager was nice AT FIRST, but very lazy and only strict when DM’s came to visit. She rarely helped and took breaks all of the time to go shop around the mall. I was fired because I wouldn’t let my manager boss me around for $8.50. Coworkers were great! Don’t expect much money because raises don’t come fast. I don’t suggest working here unless they fire the manager soon.
Fun and interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 21, 2019
All kinds of different people looking for different things. Really easy and fun place to work. Great learning experience. Would definitely work there again.
Good discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TN 37067August 16, 2019
Fun and interesting co-workers. Not a lot of room for promotions. Fantastic discounts and cool products though! Nice place to work if you are friendly and outgoing.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not many hours
Low pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJAugust 14, 2019
Managers make very little for the amount of responsibilities. Constant revolving door. Very little control or ability to make own decisions and few hours available to delicate time effectively. Customers always right mentality.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 8, 2019
Spencer's is a fun place to work, relaxed atmosphere, and fun workers. The sale's are decent and most guests are easy to work with. It does sometimes get crazy busy, but still a very decent place to work.
fun
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 2, 2019
Assist in developing customer presentations on product services and conduct presentations. Make customer presentations.
Develop and maintain relationships with owners, building managers, general contractors, consultants, architects and developers
Obtain bid results on all projects.
Entertain customers as needed.
Occasionally attend evening business social functions/dinners.
Upon award, transfer sold project data into project management system.
Support Project Management team's efforts to manage sold projects.
The products are entertaining and therefore easy to sell.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 28, 2019
Work involved walking the store to ask customers if they needed assistance. Much of the work involved selling the product and answering questions posed by the customers.
Best place I ever worked!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baybrook Village, TXJuly 26, 2019
I had a blast and loved it. Still great friends with people I worked with, years later. Laid back, fun, and never a dull moment!
I'd go back in a heartbeat, I loved my general manager, she was always understanding but knew how to get stuff done.
Amazing, fun, positive workplace with good people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 24, 2019
Personalities who don't work well with answering the questions of awkward, embarrassed, or strange customers are not going to work well with this job. A typical day includes the need to be a social butterfly with no fear of anything that comes their way.
Management here is amazing, and they are very much willing to help you create the perfect schedule.
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJuly 23, 2019
Working for Spencer’s was okay as well nothing really much to do really just greet customers get shipment every Wednesday make sales and our sale goal l. Take some tests for body jewelry and the love section
Fun workplace, easy tasks, friendly coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJuly 23, 2019
Everyone was really nice, welcoming and the boss was someone who treated you as a peer and coworker not someone who’s better then you. Pay wasn’t all that good.
Pros
Fun, nice people, flexible hours
Cons
Low hours, low pay.
It was Spencer's. Good For A First Job Though
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJuly 22, 2019
I worked seasonally, so I typically had pretty busy days at work. We always had four people working one shift, or at the very least two during the end of the season. There was a lot of store recovery we needed to do such as sweeping, folding shirts, retagging products, restocking shelves, returning products where they belong in store. Our store was laid out based on a planagram, so all displays and the store layout were specific and preplanned.
Store outlook
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 22, 2019
I had no problems working there i liked the environment,nice co workers,nice manager. I learned how to help customers with what they were looking for more than my previous job.
Wonderful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 20, 2019
I loved this job. The people are wonderful and it’s a great experience. Very fun and easy going job, but also a lot of responsibilities. I would go back to this job in a heartbeat.
room for improvement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 18, 2019
wouldn't suggest working here long hard labor for low pay and no benefits what so ever aside from the work experience. the management doesn't know what there doing and neither do the employees half the employess who work at spencers don't do a single thing and are lazy but management doesn't like to handle that
fun work environment, positive employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 18, 2019
Spencers was a really fun place to work at. The only problem with working in any retail store is working holiday's. But when hired you are aware that you will need to work some holiday's.
Pros
fun staff
Cons
working holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spencer's Gifts. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight