Spencer's Gifts Employee Review

View all Spencer's Gifts reviews

Spencer Gifts
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 28, 2019
I really liked my time at Spencer Gifts. I learned a lot about organization, and coaching and counseling employees. The only problem is it was hard to advance. Area managers often pick who they want to promote instead of giving everyone interested an interview.

Other Spencer's Gifts Employee Reviews

Fun Job with a Mellow Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 16, 2019
A normal day at work starts with a meeting with the manager at the beginning of the shift going over the day's responsibilities and sales goals. After the meeting, I would be assigned to a position for the evening (Front of store, Cashier, Back of Store, etc) I worked with some amazing co-workers and managers that made a work day feel less like work. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a very common problem all Spencer's stores have which is shoplifting. Although a very frustrating part of the job, my capable managers handled all these situations with calm and professionalism.
N/a
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2019
I loved most of the people I worked with. Had a lot of issues with upper management not listening to serious issues going on in stores. He didn't seem to care at all.