Spencer's Gifts Employee Review

View all Spencer's Gifts reviews

Productive Workplace
Crew Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 10, 2019
Working at Spencer's Gifts is honestly a summer job and yes you do get low pay and only 13 to 18 hours of work that's pretty much it I mean the customers are rude & racist, the associates are happy in your face but talk so bad about you behind your back, the supervisors don't care so much but the managers are unbelievably strange & they feel like they're running an empire when it's just a novelty store. Customers steal plus they don't care who you are. Nobody helps you inside that store, it's small, floors are nasty & sticky.
Pros
You learn more about sex
Cons
Headache, Stress, To Much Drama

Other Spencer's Gifts Employee Reviews

it's retail... so there's that. But at least it's "fun" retail.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 21, 2019
Having worked at a couple different locations and subbing at a few others I can say that your experience differs greatly depending on the team and management per location. my over-all experience was great for starting out in a retail environment and I was lucky to have a very supportive manager who ushered me through the ranks at my first location. and helped me to succeed through good management.
fun experience, great team members, and loyal cutomers
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 21, 2019
I go into work clock in to start my day. I begin restocking clothes, folding clothes making sure that my work area was always clean and neat. As i'm doing that a customer comes in. l immediately approach them and greet them and respond " Hi welcome to spencers let them know that we have a sale and deals going on and let them know if there is anything I can help them with. As they find what they want I ask them have they found everything ok. I ring them up let them know their total. They hand me the cash I give them their change back and respond have a great day. I have learned so many things at this job. The workers were very nice, a great team member, showed me everything I needed to know. They made sure that I was comfortable on the register and with any tasks that they gave me before putting me on any positions. I don't think there was any hard part on the job that I can think of. I enjoyed working there.