Spencer's Gifts Employee Review

View all Spencer's Gifts reviews

not worth it
HOMEMAKER (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 29, 2019
Over worked and under paid. Management is expected to eat sleep and breath Spencer's. No one receives a promotion unless their the last employee standing.
Pros
interesting inventory
Cons
no benefits, low wage

Other Spencer's Gifts Employee Reviews

it's retail... so there's that. But at least it's "fun" retail.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 21, 2019
Having worked at a couple different locations and subbing at a few others I can say that your experience differs greatly depending on the team and management per location. my over-all experience was great for starting out in a retail environment and I was lucky to have a very supportive manager who ushered me through the ranks at my first location. and helped me to succeed through good management.
fun experience, great team members, and loyal cutomers
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 21, 2019
I go into work clock in to start my day. I begin restocking clothes, folding clothes making sure that my work area was always clean and neat. As i'm doing that a customer comes in. l immediately approach them and greet them and respond " Hi welcome to spencers let them know that we have a sale and deals going on and let them know if there is anything I can help them with. As they find what they want I ask them have they found everything ok. I ring them up let them know their total. They hand me the cash I give them their change back and respond have a great day. I have learned so many things at this job. The workers were very nice, a great team member, showed me everything I needed to know. They made sure that I was comfortable on the register and with any tasks that they gave me before putting me on any positions. I don't think there was any hard part on the job that I can think of. I enjoyed working there.