Spencer's Gifts Employee Review

View all Spencer's Gifts reviews

Great Management, Great Sales Team, Great Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 13, 2019
I really do love my job. I love that it has helped me so much with my anxiety, I love the type of people that come into Spencers (we bring in a select crowd), I love my fellow Sales Associates, and there really hasn’t been a single person we’ve hired that I don’t like. We’re all like a big family. Learning to work the register and knowing your surroundings is very simple, every time I have asked for time off it’s been approved, even a day in advance. You start off at 8.50 and get 9.00 after 3 months. Not super great for career advancement, and hours are light for everyone whose not a manager. I get about 15-20 hours weekly. 5/5 stars.
Pros
Great Team, Great Place
Cons
Low Hours, Lack of Career Advancement

Other Spencer's Gifts Employee Reviews

If you care about being " yourself" more than money.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 17, 2019
Pay is low, managers are salary & working over gets you less money per hour. Management above SM can be great, but some can be rude, dismissive and caddy. They care more about relieving complaints than sticking to their policy. The micromanaging of sales style prevents sales decelopment. They are slow to get on board with trends and end up making far less profit by being too safe.
Spencers Gifts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 17, 2019
Seasonal positios at spencers were enjoyable and a learning experience. Meeting all types of customers management also the associates were outstanding. Basic work routines an procedures daily.