Spencer's Gifts Employee Reviews

Found 1,667 reviews matching the search See all 1,951 reviews
I absolutely loved working at Spencer's
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOApril 23, 2019
Spencer's truly is a great place to work. It's a fun environment, you make fantastic connections with the people you work with and you generally have a good time because people are buying the silliest things, whether its for bachelorette parties or game night. I'm gonna miss putting those displays together and getting new products in.
Pros
fun
Cons
interferes with adult lifestyle
Great at first
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 20, 2019
Theyre fun loving but only if you get everythin done right. They will try and work around your needs, unless it means they have to pick up slack. Great hours unless they think you get paid too much hourly.
Pros
No dress code
Cons
No maternity leave, no flexible hours, very few workers
Good chill place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 20, 2019
Typically a really great place to work, and I enjoyed my time there a lot. I also learned a lot there, making it a good first job as well. Managed well.
Family like and positive place of work with several fun activities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 19, 2019
Spencer's Gifts is a rewarding and fun environment to work at. There, we worked together as a family to achieve our everyday company goal. Each day felt like a new exciting adventure.
Pros
Achieving contest goals resulted in prizes for staff
Cons
No healthcare
laid back, accepting workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pennsdale, PAApril 18, 2019
a typical day at work consists of whatever project needs done that day (POG, markdowns, etc.), taking care of customers, and cleaning.
The workplace culture is pretty laid back, the only dress code is no cuss words on clothing. The hardest part of the job is definitely the customers. Selling sensitive items such as the 'love' section takes some getting used to and can be embarrassing at times. My personal favorite part of my job is the environment, everyone is so accepting and you can really be comfortable with yourself there which isn't something easy for alternative people to find in a job.
Fun and lenient workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXApril 18, 2019
Typical day at work as a sales associate includes sales and making sure the store is tidy and organized. Management was decent but in my experience there was miscommunication and in my opinion, store management was unprofessional. The workplace was very laid back, friendly and positive. The hardest part of the job was unboxing and security tagging merchandise, all around a very easy job.
Production and a fun workplace
Warehouse work load and unload truck (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2019
Start off at entry-level I attain forklift certificate operated the pallet jack was a lot of stocking a lot of warehouse work work at your own pace didn't have to work at a fast pace longest you worked at a nice pace and got the job done did about 12 to 20 trucks a day unloading loading and if we finish before 8 hours we get paid for 8 hours free lunch break, a safe an excellent place to work
Pros
Free lunch break
Cons
The majority of the hiring is done through temp agency
Havent worked for the company in a long time
Working Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAApril 16, 2019
I havent worked for this company in over 5 years . I was a working sales supervisor . The pay was terrible but, the environment was great. There were weekly sales goals to reach but, they were not hard to accomplish.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
pay
A great place to work!
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 12, 2019
It's a great atmosphere for the younger generation. Having to watch for theft instead of helping customers can get stressful. I rather pay attention to the guest and get them what they desire and more.
Fun place to work, but the pay sucks
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 12, 2019
9.25 as an Assistant Store Manager was not worth the drive out to frisco everyday. The district manager obsesses about everything, and is super rude. The mall doesnt want underage kids in the back with the adult products, and spencers does. You will either get in trouble with parents for allowing their brats back there, or you will get written up by management for not allowing kids back there.
Pros
fun product to sale
Cons
"damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations often
Overall fun job.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 11, 2019
Upper management was not supportive nor was management above them. The store teams were great. Great teamwork from around the district but no support from any upper management. Other than that great job to have. It was fun and always changing.
Pros
Fun, Challenging
Cons
Upper Management
Rad Job!!!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILApril 11, 2019
Working at Spencer's was a blast! Everyday we encountered different guests with different needs. Very relaxed dress code and just a really fun place to work.
Spencer's Gifts
SALES ASSOSIATE (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 11, 2019
I've loved working here. The people are great. I've been given the opportunity to grown and learn. I am appreciated by my bosses and supervisors. If the pay was better and benefits were offered I wouldn't leave. But I also think that's because my team is great, I can't speak for other locations.
Never again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 11, 2019
I was told to lie if i had to, we needed to make money. Management lies and uses hidden cameras without your consent.
I quit because things were getting sketchy, A few days later corporate shows up and bills their employees or wasting company time. Everyone walked out but the manager, who was stealing and lying about health issues, got away clean.
Life's a Party, Making it Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 11, 2019
Typically we come in have our 2 minute review of sales goal, current contest, and what's on sale. Acknowledge each and every guest, Connect with the guest by asking questions of what they are looking for. Thank them for coming in and invite them back was our thing. My manager(s) were very motivated, understanding, and are like teachers in a way. The hardest part of the job is keeping it clean during busy times. Everything else was enjoyable.
Pros
Great 30-40% discount, decent pay for retail
Cons
Not enough hours, Have to stick through 8 months before being considered being promoted
This position allows for an enjoyable atmosphere while working.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 10, 2019
Spencer’s is a great place to meet and interact with all types of people. As the store manager, I am responsible for ensuring all tasks get completed as per company policy. While doing so, it is also my job to ensure the team is professional, but has fun while they work.
Loved the company hated my DM
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 6, 2019
District manager would come into the store and cause issues within the staff. She micromanaged things that she had no idea was going on. She would sit in the back office and stay on her phone and then come out yelling about complete bs.
Pros
store environment
Cons
management
Exceptional workplace to learn and strive
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 6, 2019
I loved working for Spencers', I grew as a person and made a second family. I started as an associate and grew to a supervising position. Aiding people with help and helping them find what they need is always a plus. Most of all, their party is the store and we are the guests.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 5, 2019
Fun workplace but management is a mess. Never enough hours for staff, people are always fighting for hours. Upper management does not have associate best interest in mind.
Good place and Good People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 5, 2019
Working for Spencer's was as blast! I enjoyed the people and the work experience. The only reason It didn't really work out was it was to chaotic to me. You really have to be okay with loud noises and lots of lights. But besides that I loved It.
Pros
Awesome Discount
Cons
Loud noises and lots of lights