Spencer Ogden

Spencer Ogden Employee Reviews

United States52 reviews
Spencer Ogden was great, the company they sent me to was horrible.. Spencer Ogden was very unfamiliar with the company/people/culture they sent me to work with.. I WOULD work for Spencer Ogden again, but only with thorough research and full disclosure of the company they're outsourcing my knowledge and experience to..
I worked for Spencer Ogden as an entry-level recruiter in a start-up office. Their training program was amazing and I honestly learned some of my best skills from this company. It's a UK based company and they really know how to teach new Recruiters thee ropes.
They do have great benefits for employees. Their medical benefit is great for individual and families. They also match employees with the best customers that share the same value as they do.
Great place to work for. Cant keep you busy though and seems to be limited in their finds. Great networking and quick response when needed in the field.
Way too many better staffing companies out there. They don’t care about you just care about getting paid. Your just there to make them money and they will dump you in a heart beat.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Great friendly competition within the office. A group of driven and hard working individuals who are not only are determined to further their own careers, but their coworkers as well.
This was a different experience for me because it allowed me to use my hands, something I really hadn't done before. I was rather nervous at first, because it was a different role that I had ever worked in.
The SO Culture is great but management and training needs improvement. KPI's get changed all the time and favouritism plays a big role. It is who you know not what.
Benefits are great!
Safety, fun , challenging , . Offshor work /oil & gas industry is very demanding at times but several oppurtunities for advancement or different fields you can choose from
Pros
na
Cons
na
When I first started everyone seemed great! Then people were being let go left and right. Even when the employees where hitting the mark. At round up managment was passive aggressive. They often tell the employees how to hit numbers and if they didn't hit the numbers based on their suggestions they would say something different.

There were times they had to step back in the recruiting role because they let people go so often they didn't have enough people to fill jobs. They didn't hit their numbers and made up tons of accuses why.

The work life balance is awful. If you want to go for a 2 hour doctor appoinment you have to take a whole half day off instead of a couple hours. That doesn't make sense if they are playing a numbers game.

It was a micromanagent environment. They watched every move. There was no fun in the office throughout the day. Nobody was able to connect much or kid around. It was just a serious environment. I am a hard worker and need to be structured but employees should get togther and be able to talk things through especially on accounts the collaborate on.
Pros
100% Paid health care, free week off at Christmas
Cons
Micromanged, Work life balance, and lack of relationship building internally
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Spencer Ogden?
Suitable company with competitive pay along with competitive benefits. Would recommend this company for temporary employment. Good management and across the board the pay.
Spencer for the most part has been able to provide steady work, but I don't desire contract work to be a full time job for me. New rig each time is something I don't particularly care for either.
Young staff and great place to begin your professional career as a recruiter. They offer a great mentoring program. Numbers and sales-driven culture.
Pros
very cool office
Double standard in safety requirements & training. Supervisor not informed of safety procedures on plant sight. Mgr's unaware of plant status. Poor management.
A good place to work but not many opportunities to grow within the company. The individuals in the company are nice and fun to work with. The company tries to have activities to build the team.
Working at Spencer Ogden is the same as working for any drilling contractor. The only things that is different is that your are responsible for handling your travel too and from work and slight pay cut.
Spencer Ogden was a cool place to work, but the biggest problem was that they had no training for the interns. You had to manage figuring things out on your own.
Pros
Nice employees, very interactive
Cons
no training, had to pick up things on your own
Spencer Ogden is ok to work for as long as Drilling Companies need Contract Personnel to fill in Positions or Rig upgrades are taking place and Work Rotation is according to the Drilling Company
A great company.. Gave me a job when no one else would.. I really thank them for that.. Built a great team of guys that enjoyed the work and we got alot accomplished
I have 5 years of recruiting experience and I have to say Spencer Ogden was by far the worst agency I've worked at.

If you come from an environment with any structure or expectations set for both recruiters and account managers then you will pull your hair out working here.

If you are thinking about interviewing w SO reach out to multiple previous employees on LinkedIn and get their opinion first before interviewing.

Leadership is not supportive and are most concerned about looking out for themselves. There is a very micro managed approach to leadership stemming from a lack of confidence, power hungry, and inexperienced "managers" in this office.

To couple the inexperience, pressure from management trickles down on every level creating hostile and unpleasant environments to work in and "culture".

The lost 4 out of 5 Regional Managers in 2017. The company is a hot mess. There is no advancement. The pay is substantially underpaid, commissions are terrible. 90% attrition with the company & the Denver Office, which is substantially higher than industry average even for recruiting. You pay for parking downtown.

You do get off early on Fridays and the health benefits are good. But those are literally the only 2 perks.
Pros
Friday 1/2 day, great health benefits
Cons
substantially low base, low commissions, micromanaged, pay $200+ a month for parking out of pocket, 90% attrition, not much structure
I loved the places i traveled too. The money was great and i enjoyed the people i worked with and for. The only thing i wished was better was the opportune city to advance. I guess i stayed in one spot because i know I'm good at what I do. Also i only stayed a year because the contract was up on the site and negotiations to extend it was not handled fast enough for people to be able to stay on.
Pros
great people, good money
Cons
chances to advance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spencer Ogden. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9