Spencer Technologies Employee Reviews

Very unorganized workplace
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2018
I've never seen such unorganization amongst managers before, nothing was done professionally. It was almost like working with people who just showed up to make money and had no interest in actually doing their jobs.
Pros
Experience, Good pay, Relaxed at times
Cons
Bad management, unorganization
Not a fun place to work!
AP/AR (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHApril 11, 2018
i was not allowed to do my job as Spencer already had an accounting office in place and as soon as all the issues were ironed out from the purchase I was let go.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Poor communication
Spencer was not a bad place to work at
Telephony Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2018
Spencer was not a bad place to work at although there was not much of an opportunity for advancement. The other employees were fun to work with and on occassion there were free lunches.
Pros
Good Employees
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Good Job
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHFebruary 20, 2018
Nice place to work. Fast paced enviromenat. Will train so that your are aware of all aspects of your job. Handle accounts around the world so you are constantly working.
stressful no information
network / telecom tech (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MA 01532January 24, 2018
no information and when you get it , it is outdated
hurry up and finish , work you to death
no raises
drive 3 hours work 2 hours ,
no communication with upper management
you dont need to know all you are is a scumbag bottom worker
tell management something its like they dont care
do what I say dont ask
take it are leave it

high turn over
new dispatch very month
figure it out
you must know everthing at 12 dollars an hour
bare minimum
Cons
never home always tired and broke
productive great place to alot of travel
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAJanuary 10, 2018
Have worked there for 12yrs enjoyed all projects that I worked on ,did not enjoy the travel there was many retail projects which consisted of new construction and remodels something different everyday
Pros
worked from your home base
Cons
to much travel out oof town
company lacks strategy
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MADecember 27, 2017
Very tactically based management, Company is very immature for a project management organization. No line of site for problem resolutions, reactive environment not proactive.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
Micro management
Fast paced and challenging
AP Manager (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MANovember 26, 2017
Fast paced and challenging environment with supportive management structure. Commute was > 1 hour. Working on becoming a more well oiled machine but it takes time to implement.
Unorganized work culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MANovember 20, 2017
Upper management was non-existant; never any origination with projects as they would just drop them on your laps with unrealistic deadlines. While working there; many managers were let go and there was no connection to the company. As long as you met their bottom line you were safe from being let go.
scheduler
Field Technician III (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLOctober 13, 2017
If you are looking for a job where people dont care about you, this is the job for you. Bring you in with the idea of making 30 to 40 hours per week when in reality I have been in here for 3 years and never made 40 hours. it doesnt matter your pay rate if you are working 10-15 hours per week. you cant say no to scheduler without them reducing the hours. I can go on but there is no need to if you decide to join this company you will see for yourself.
Pros
plenty of free time at home
Cons
Cant pay your bills
Great Place to Work
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAOctober 9, 2017
Spencer Technologies cares about their employees, when I wanted to expand my horizons and try something new. They gave me the opportunity to work in a different department and use some of my other skills. The people who work at Spencer are hardworking, personable, and always willing to lend a helping hand! Management is amiable and provides an encouraging atmosphere to be yourself and feel comfortable asking questions. The hardest part of the job is managing your work and personal life, you need to be willing to put in the hours and effort to be commended for your job. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is the people you get to work and the ability to learn new things. I recommend any hard-working individual who would like to expand their abilities to apply.
Pros
Advancement, salary, free lunches, social gatherings, colleagues, and Management understanding personal life issues/commitments.
Cons
Fast-paced work environment, this is only a con if you are not willing to put in the time and effort.
Productive Enviroment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 7, 2017
Everyone worked even supervisors and line leads. Very Productive Enviroment. I Learned how to operate a Crown Reach Forklift, and how to ship and receive in orders/
Pros
Free Lunches
A lot of work and travel to many states.
Network Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  West CoastSeptember 20, 2017
Overall Spencer Tech is a good company to work for. They pay top dollar for a Field Engineer. My manger was an excellent supervisor. Fellow Spencer Techs were helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
Lots of Work
Cons
Too much time on the road and traveling.
Great Job if You Have No Life
Data Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 4, 2017
This position is only for those that are happy with the inability to make personal plans. The job requires extensive travel, with changes in the work schedule taking place almost daily. The two tier pay scale is aright, but the travel rate of pay is very low, not worthwhile.
Pros
Freedom from oversight
Cons
Poor job planning by the scheduling department
Management is lacking
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAAugust 24, 2017
Trying to get any of the managers to respond to an issue is next to impossible. Good luck in a real emergency.

I was repeatedly told to violate NFPA regs. It is not uncommon to have to travel for 2 hours or more to do a 1.5 hour job.

Project managers are always under bidding the contract and expect you to cut corners with the customer to make up for it.
Fun Workplace
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 4, 2017
Productive ,Fun and refreshing to work for. Clean environment
honest people. Good pay stable hours and work flow always be prepared for a nice going day
Pros
free awards
Cons
short hour days
temporary position
TECHNICIAN Kforce Staffing Solutions (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAJune 22, 2017
Each day my group handled about 8 stores and swapping out their old point of sale registers with new ones.the work was interesting and gave me a knowledge of the job.
If they asked me to come back to do the same job, I would have to think about it.
One thing I really enjoyed was working with the group of people I started with. They were temps from the same company as me. They made they job bearable
Thank you.
Pros
the pay was very nice
Cons
The work load became almost unbarable as they were trying to meet a deadline in this particular job.
experience technician run
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle Heights, WAJune 17, 2017
Worked for them for a year. Was working 30 to 70 hrs a week and bringing home under $300 a week. Road time is at minimum wage and expect to spend more windshield time than on site time. Also work slows down to not at all from thanksgiving to after new years. The management expects you to think it is ok for you not to have a pay check for 3 months or longer. You get a van to use but getting them to restock it let's put it this way you are not a priority.
Hope this helps
Pros
you get a van and gas card
Cons
the van is a privilege in their eyes. Also lack of work.
Unpredictable and high stress environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  EverywhereJune 5, 2017
Management was very unprofessional. Pay was decent, but raises wouldn't happen for years at a time. No bonus for performance or anything. Lots of travel for unacceptable compensation. Expected to work back-to-back, overnight/daytime shifts that were partially local/partially 2+ hours away consistently.
Pros
Benefits were "okay"
Cons
Compensation for travel. Unreasonable shifts.
Let go after 2 weeks
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, OHMay 1, 2017
I was hired as a permanent employee and then 2-3 weeks ago someone from the company resigned supposedly taking a bunch of clients with him. I was let go. I do not trust this company. Lured in with good pay only to be extremely disappointed.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no formal training, can't trust the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spencer Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.