Spherion Employee Reviews

Found 3,103 reviews matching the search See all 3,137 reviews
summary
Forklift Driver, Assembly line Worker (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 18, 2019
depends on the job you do. but when I did the forklift job, we had to do forklift training for the l's then after that we got train for 3 weeks, they had 8 trainers train us in those 3 weeks. then we did our 12 hours shift after that.
Palm Desert Location
Bartender / Waiter / Catering (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJanuary 18, 2019
I loved working for the company down in Palm Desert California! They always had plenty of work! The jobs I was sent to work at were always first class companies. You had great opportunity for full time employment with great companies..
Great Staffing Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 17, 2019
They try hard to place you. They have placed me with good companies. Testing was adquate. Always there by phone if you need to talk. Timely paid. Easy online access.
Loved my job at Kofile
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 17, 2019
Spherion was a temp agency. I learned a lot and no complaints what so ever :) Management was fair and treated you as family. Management explained how to do my job in detail and on my level without any problems. A very interesting and exciting place to work for.
Pros
everything
Great place
Grinder etc: (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Great place to work at. Its just some of the jobs they set you up on. They will lay you off with no explanation. But its not spherions fault. Spherion really helps out and they do find you a job. My experience with spherion is great. Never have a problem.
Pros
Helps me with work
Cons
Some jobs let you go for no explanation
Little to no training provided
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2019
Expect to be thrown into a job, possibly a job you didn't even apply for depending on how short staffed they are. The turnover is very high. Most of the staff are rude to customers.
Pros
No weekends or late nights
Cons
heavy workload and no training
In my opinion
Associate (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Staff is wonderful. Wish there was more opportunities for people my age. It's harder as you get older. I like assemble jobs and working with my hands, eyes, and mind.
Disrespectful, unprofessional, and disorganized.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 14, 2019
The interview goes well. Your agent is very out-going and shows interest in you. When they find you a job placement, however, little information is given on "temp-to-hire." Also, I had issues with people bullying me at work. When I voiced my concerns, they made me feel like they were looking into the situation. The next day I'm let go from my position and my agent received an email that said that I don't have a willingness to learn. Which is a lie. When I circled back to that topic again, then the email magically changed and it said something different, "This job isn't challenging enough". Of course, I'll be upset and ask why. They swore at me over the phone and raised their voice at me and said that manufacturing is a different environment and that I can't keep calling whenever someone bullies me and that I need to have thicker skin or move on. I kept a personal journal on all of my reported incidences. When I call about certain incidents that I requested to be investigated, they were non-existent. To Spherion, that meant it never happened, but it's documented that I was let go from a position either because I don't have a willingness to learn or because the position was not challenging enough. In the end, they seem outgoing and show interest in you at first, but it's a puppet show and they do everything they can to make themselves look good. I don't understand this type of behaviour, but maybe it was a good thing I quit before things got worse.
Awesome
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 14, 2019
This is a great place to work. The people that operate the Ocala location are very nice and are wanting to get you work. would highly recommend to any one looking for work.
temple
Warehouse Worker -Temp (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 14, 2019
i love working therer they were very respect an understanding an they took there time an work with us if they had one in philadelphia i would work for them again
Consulting firm that died a long time ago
Interim Technology (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Consulting firm that died with the .com boom. Desperately clung to life for as long as they could. Second rate company that was a great opportunity for me to get into the field
Helpful, respectful, prompt
Barrette, N/A (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Spherion was very helpful and prompt finding me a job. I would recommend Spherion to anyone local or new to the area that needs help being placed in an appropriate trade. The only discrepancy I would have would be the pay rate.
Good company to work for.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2019
Good work/life balance. Call center assigned to had a comfortable atmosphere. People were nice. Supervisors were attentive to their employees. Manageable call volume. Commute was too long.
Pros
Good wok environment.
Cons
Commute was too long.
not sure
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Pasco, FLJanuary 8, 2019
I really do not know much about Spherion. I used them, they are a temp. agency. my contact person is excellent. I can't really say anything else about them, They did get me a job real quick.
Awesome Temp Agency
Temporary Data Entry Personnel (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Great temp agency. I was referred to and obtained full time employment at a reputable company within a year. Spherion released me from my contract which allowed me to accept the full time employment.
Pros
Great starting salary
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Productive and fun enviroment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 7, 2019
I really enjoyed the training that enables an employee to work effectively on project selected. The environment was relaxed and the managers were willing to assist and answer questions.
Pros
Reward points
Challenging workplace where a person can develop excellent skills
SVP, Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2019
Spherion provided me with the opportunity to do what I do best which was to manage projects in a complex and difficult enviornment. Many of my assignments were under tight delivery schedules with many competing projects that required the management of timelines, assignments, and obstacles that had to be addressed quickly.
Good atmosphere
Temp Worker/Plant worker (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJanuary 6, 2019
Company provided safe work environment but the company was unclear on how long the job would be available. If the assigned company that Spherion sent me to was more vocal about their expectations on what they needed or more information of how to become a permanent worker would have helped a lot
okay
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 6, 2019
the work their was fast paced the supervisor were never happy and never giving support to employees they would sometimes give pizza to everyone though
Pros
lunch bar
Cons
fast
Temporary
Admin. Asst. and HR Assistant II (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 5, 2019
Because this was a temporary position, I will say it helped me accomplish what I needed as far as earning extra income in between jobs. It is not a position I would have worked indefinitely as the pay was not enough to support my family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spherion. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight