Spherion Employee Reviews

not good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 17, 2018
not a good place to work for, unorganized, not treated fairly. lack of communication. pay is low and not worth the travel. try another agency, you waste your time.
Temp agency
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHJuly 17, 2018
The best thing about working for Spherion is that you receive weekly pay. They work diligently to help you find work and offer bonuses for things such as perfect attendance.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No benefits
work steady but raises unpredictable
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 17, 2018
The work was steady most of the time but it was hard to get evaluations that provided actionable feedback because my Spherion manager didn't actually do the job I did yet my client didn't go in depth because I was a temp not a real employee.
Pros
steady work, team work
Cons
no sick time /vacation time, no set time for raises
Great Communtive Work Place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 17, 2018
I love working here meeting new people and learning what working in a warehouse is all about its a very fun job no complaints. Thanks for the experience .
They found me a position in a week
Percepta - iCALL Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 16, 2018
I was just recently unemployed and they help place me within a week. I told them about my experience and they matched me with a position similar. I had an interview within a couple of days.
Pros
similar job environment
Cons
hours and pay
N/a
Machine Operator/Casting/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHJuly 15, 2018
This is a temporary staffing company. They work to place individuals in production related companies who need to fill staff positions temporarily or permanently. This company fails to provide corrective communication to their placements and lacks in protecting their employees with these employers once placed in a position.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Lack in communication and employee training
Overworked, underpaid, and not respected at Philips
Picker (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, PAJuly 15, 2018
No room for advancement. Poor/non-existent management. Underpaid. No adequate ventilation. Doing others work due to their laziness. At this Philips Respironics job, you are treated like less of a person.
Pros
Paid 20 minute lunch break.
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, no respect for the "Temps".
High pace and relaxed
Purchasing and Transportation Planner (Former Employee) –  Tipton and Dinuba CaJuly 13, 2018
In my current position with ventura coastal I am constantly going and working long hour never knowing when I am going to be off work or what time I may have to go in. In out down season there is time that it is relaxed and laid back and there is very little to do.
Pros
alot of overtime for my shift
Cons
very time demanding and lose of time with family
Very Productive
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 13, 2018
This job very productive, you have a lot to gain from working with the company, its very friendly , and I will recommend this job to many friends. I am very satisfied.
it was ok
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 12, 2018
not that bad just very little jobs to choose from. not a lot jobs available, always getting sent home. some places don't pay much and you do a lot of work.
Pros
job in lima
Cons
pay, benifits, raise, management
Good Agency to work for
Customer Service Universal Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 11, 2018
Spherion is a temporary or contract company you are employed by but are working at other companies' locations until one of them decides to make you a permanent employee or to end the contract.
Cons
No benefits
Great temp agency
Packer (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 11, 2018
Loved it, great staffs. When I applied, they gave me a call and a job the next day. Timing is everything. Temp agency that doesnt have a lot of partnerships but its fair unlike some other places areound the area.
Good place to find work.
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJuly 11, 2018
Since this is a staffing company my employment is on a contract basis. They do go out of their way to find you employment. The people are pleasant and always willing to work with you.
Pros
All depends on the assignment.
New opportunities
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 10, 2018
I worked at a college and did landscaping there, also on another temp job at the college I help lay concrete. I worked in a factory driving fork lifts.
no security
Client Service Specialist Temp (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 10, 2018
employee was nice as for the management can't say much, it's definitive hustle work environment but at the end of the day it's never enough.
so no matter how hard you work, it's still not enough.
Pros
job
Cons
didn't get a chance to work there long enough to get my feet wet
Not worth it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 10, 2018
Training for a life and health insurance license was filling out words in a book written by a trainer as she spoke. Ended up working in Customer Service for Medicare plans, which I enjoyed for a while, despite the fact they are extremely strict with attendance, no paid time off, no vacation time. Pay was decent, especially being paid every week. But there are mass firings and letting go of people without warning. I quit because they fired all of our supervisors and team leads, leaving us associates terrified if we had a job left. I no longer wantes to be associated with Spherion or Solix, two companies that can care less about thier employees.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
You're just a number, no matter how hard you work
Spherion
Employee Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJuly 10, 2018
There was no advancement in this company! It was locally owned by a mother and daughter, they were excellent managers, but no insurance was offered. There was no set PTO time, but if you needed off you could be off.
Poor Management
Mail Handler (Former Employee) –  Franklin, ILJuly 10, 2018
They are a temp company i went threw, i was working for R/R Donelley a mail facility. It was okay didn't like how they singled out the employees. overall just a job to get by.
My view
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 10, 2018
I worked a temp employee. Was a good place to work but was stressful due to the nature of the employer we were working with. Was compensated well for the work we did.
Pros
Great opportunity to get into a company
Cons
Stressful
Temporary, but good
Client Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 9, 2018
This was a temporary position but I was compensated as such. The people were wonderful and supportive. I would work for Spherion again, if the opportunity presented itself again.
Pros
Great staff and pay
Cons
temporary contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spherion. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight