Spherion Employee Reviews

Found 3,047 reviews matching the search See all 3,081 reviews
Spherion is a Temp Agency
Phone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 15, 2018
They do work hard to find you a position that will a accommodate your requests. They work quickly to get you placed in a position. They are very friendly.
Pros
Quick results
Cons
They are not allowed to give any references.
Fun workplaace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXNovember 12, 2018
Enjoyed my job and working with different people. learned a lot about cell phones and how to program them. The environment was great and we had fun doing our job,
Pros
the environment
Cons
short breaks
Not Applicable
Hurricane Katrina Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 11, 2018
Horrible place to work. They quote you a certain pay rate per hour and it's not until you get your first check that you are made aware that they are actually paying you less than what they quoted you during the interview process.
Did not like job.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, CTNovember 11, 2018
There is not much to tell. I worked at a place that made rolls for McDonalds hamburgers and English muffins for breakfast sandwiches. Had to remove from assembly line and put onto bread racks for delivery.
Pros
there were no pros to this job
Cons
the company did not treat everyone the same
Horrible Recruitment Agency...If You Can Even Call It That
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 6, 2018
It is very apparent that the franchise owners of the Asheville location are focused on nothing but profit. They have no genuine desire to help individuals find jobs that are meaningful, but rather seek to place them in an open position so they can receive their share of the wages. Don't even think about seeking a professional job with this agency, as anyone with administrative experience and a college degree will far outshine the incompetent recruiters (if you can even call them that) and management at this branch. It's a husband and wife duo that runs the ship, and I just hope that their dynamic at home is not as dysfunctional and disorganized as their office.
Pros
Honestly, only one. As long as you can pass a urine drug test you will have a job.
Cons
Extremely depserate management that is only focused on money
Productive and fun place to work
Security Access Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 5, 2018
Typical day at Spherion entailed dispatching emergency calls to local law enforcement and fire agencies. I learned to respond quickly and effectively to all calls. Management was professional and knowledgeable. The culture of Spherion was very friendly, low stress and diverse.
The most difficult tasks was not being able to assist customers with troubleshooting. In contrast the most enjoyable part of my job was making that perfect first impression to the caller, letting them know i'm listening, very attentively and willing to assist in any traumatic situation.
Pros
Team building events
Cons
Commute to work
Flexible Schedule
HR Manager / Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJNovember 5, 2018
Spherion Staffing is a great company to work for. In a short period of my working with them I learned 3 new software programs.

I learned how to effectively manage my time. Worked as a team to get through some very difficult times. Created new workforce structures, while undergoing a complete software change.

Work place culture was very warm and inviting. The hardest part of my job was saying goodbye to the staff when my contract was up.

My enjoyable part of my job was sitting down with employees to better help them understand how Human Resource was there to help guide them.
Pros
Free luches, Traveling, Work Schedule
Helped in the development of my Management Skills
International Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2018
The Company greatly assisted in my Development as an Accounts clerk as well as an Administrator. This was clearly evidenced by my ability to manage a Team as well as achieve desired results
Assignments end after one day and not told why
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  OdorbanNovember 3, 2018
The management hardly ever answers the phone. When they do the one i need is never in the office. Call every week for work but nothing for over a month. Last resort only.
Pros
N/a
Good learning opportunity
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousNovember 3, 2018
Positive energetic workplace, fast-paced, much to learn, good environment. Many opportunities to grow as a person, used many of my skills there. Good place to learn
I was a contractor
DQC (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2018
I was a contractor at Citizens Bank. Mergis was a foot in the door. They are a good stepping stone to get a permanent position in a company. It was a good start
No longer active
Client Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 2, 2018
Company was purchased by Randstad, so totally different now. Appreciative to those that provided a chance to a new college grad and a chance to learn the industry.
Good place to work as long as you don't have to live on one income.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mansfield OHNovember 2, 2018
Spherion was a temp service that I worked through several times. It is a good place to work but the pay for the jobs I got would not be enough to live off of on 1 income
Pros
Nice recruters
Cons
Not enough permanent job opportunities, no benefits such as sick days, vacation days, 401k etc.
Good Temp Agency to help you find work!
Automotive Assembler (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALNovember 1, 2018
I can't say anything bad about the Managers who help you find a job. They do their best to find the right fit for you and most of the time you land a good job but it may be temporary. The pay is lower than you are used to making, but at least it is a job and a check coming in every week.
Pros
Quick to find you a job. Nice recruiters.
Cons
Lower pay and temporary work.
Temporary Placement
Factory Laborer (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILOctober 31, 2018
I sorted plastic parts.
I learned what's unacceptable is good the next.
Easy going environment
The people were nice there.
The company had few permanent.
Pros
ease of work
Cons
The pay
Relaxed environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 31, 2018
Enjoyed working here due to its relaxed environment. Despite the fact that it was a call center for cell phone activation it provided a great working environment that allowed you to relax between calls.
Productive Workplace
QUALITY INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 30, 2018
This is a very wonderful company to work for. They try to fit you with exactly what your are looking for. The staff here is really great to work with.
Pretty Good Place to Work
Lifecycle Testing (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 30, 2018
Mostly temp work, but I was placed quickly and the expectations were clear. They do talk about temp to hire, but that was neither my experience nor expectation.
Amazing place to work!
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 30, 2018
Loved working there. Maznagement and coworkers really made the place comfortable. They go above and beyond to help employees as well as customers. Learned very much working for this company and would strongly reccomend others to go there to look for work or work in the office.
TEMP at Ply Gem Windows
Job Seeker (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 30, 2018
I worked under a recruiter who paired me with my first position at Ply Gem Windows. The position itself (billing associate) was not bad, but the company (Ply Gem) was having staffing and retainment issues. The company had cut the billing department in half. I was given 3 position-loads of work for 1 position's pay, and expected to take on more work in the following months of the temp-to-hire position. There simply wasn't enough time in the workday. I expressed to my recruiter at Spherion that I was not able to complete my temp position with Ply Gem due to the overwhelming amount of work expected to be done everyday. She seemed frustrated and asked if I was going to continue to look for positions myself. I confirmed that I would, and asked if I could continue to work for Ply Gem while she found me another position (I planned to look on my own as well when I was home). She informed me that I was putting her in an "awkward" position by looking for new employment for me while I worked for "her client" (Ply Gem). I told her that I would then completely end my term there so I could have her focus on finding me employment. It has now been 3 weeks since I have had any update from her. I have emailed and called multiple times, reaching out to show my continued interest in their service, and have yet to receive a call back or any update on a new position. I am continuing to apply elsewhere (around 20 jobs so far) and would still like to work with them, but I genuinely expected more/better from their service.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Difficult to Contact

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spherion. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight