SPHS Management reviews

Poor management
Child specialist (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAButler PAApril 10, 2019
SPHS has the worst management around they are rude they are mean to their clients they are total disrespect to their staff management is only in it for the money they have no idea how to deal with mental health patients clients They don’t understand half of the programs that they are running nor do they care to understand them which causes a problem when staff tries to do their job They do not want to collaborate with other agencies other workers they micromanage their staff
Pros
Cons
Terrible management from the top down
Good supervision and overall work environment
Certified Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, PAAugust 27, 2018
Learned time management, better communication skills, and how to set professional boundaries. Worked three days per week due to limited number of individuals. Would like to have a full time position.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Limited hours
Bloated pompous top heavy agency. Poor management
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  CharleroiSeptember 25, 2015
Overly corporate structure for a human service agency. Management has been in place for far too long and are grossly overpaid and oblivious to the needs of the company.
Pros
decent benefit package
Cons
aloof management
Was a sad place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, PAJuly 23, 2014
A typical day started at 5:30AM. I learned about the problems that society had with Drugs. We had 3 counselors at this facility along with a Nurse and Security Person along with the Executive Director that ran the Facility. Out of the 3 Counselors there were 2 that really put their heart and soul into taking care of the clients. I was not pleased with the Management they changed things to suit their time schedule which made it hard for the clients.

The most difficult part of this job was seeing clients that were my daughters age addicted to drugs. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the clients that wanted to get help leave the program and live a normal healthy life without drugs.
Pros
The Program helped those who helped themselves get clean
Cons
Healthcare and Management
Provides fitness center n the job for a fee.
RNC (Current Employee) –  TOWSON, MDSeptember 13, 2012
SPHS is an excellent facility in terms of patient care. Hospital maintains the highest level of care for the patient. The hospital employs top level of technology in the delivery of health care to the pt. The use of the technology has reduced risk for errors and where one occurs close to impossible.
Top level management are top of the class, middle level management is a work in progress.
One hard part of the job is the increasing level of acuity of patients admitted and difficulties in community placement especially for patient with limited income. Such patients frequently return to the hospital because hospital environment provides the best security and safety for them. The frequent returns makes provider feel like a failure in the effort to help the patient be the best they can be.
Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your patient's improvement, empowering them to live independent and a more fulfilling life.
Pros
good continuing education environment
Cons
limited line of career progress
Professional and rewarding position
Summer Camp Therapist (Former Employee) –  Monessen, PaFebruary 29, 2012
I worked in a summer therapeutic program and I was happy with the way that the camp was managed. The staff that I worked with was welcoming and helpful and I felt like I was able to do a more effective job because of their assistance in learning the position. I was impressed with the professionalism of the management and organization of the program manager and would have been happy to return to work another summer for the company if I did not live so far away from the camp location. I would be happy to work for this company in another capacity in an area closer to where I live.
Pros
good benefits, good pay, nice coworkers, friendly environment, good management
Cons
location was far from where i live