SPHS Employee Review

Provides fitness center n the job for a fee.
RNC (Current Employee) –  TOWSON, MDSeptember 13, 2012
SPHS is an excellent facility in terms of patient care. Hospital maintains the highest level of care for the patient. The hospital employs top level of technology in the delivery of health care to the pt. The use of the technology has reduced risk for errors and where one occurs close to impossible.
Top level management are top of the class, middle level management is a work in progress.
One hard part of the job is the increasing level of acuity of patients admitted and difficulties in community placement especially for patient with limited income. Such patients frequently return to the hospital because hospital environment provides the best security and safety for them. The frequent returns makes provider feel like a failure in the effort to help the patient be the best they can be.
Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your patient's improvement, empowering them to live independent and a more fulfilling life.
Pros
good continuing education environment
Cons
limited line of career progress

Other SPHS Employee Reviews

Poor management
Child specialist (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAButler PAApril 10, 2019
SPHS has the worst management around they are rude they are mean to their clients they are total disrespect to their staff management is only in it for the money they have no idea how to deal with mental health patients clients They don’t understand half of the programs that they are running nor do they care to understand them which causes a problem when staff tries to do their job They do not want to collaborate with other agencies other workers they micromanage their staff
Pros
Cons
Terrible management from the top down
is a non profit company
Breastfeeding Peer Counselor (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PANovember 5, 2018
Sphs is a nice company to work for. If I had not been demoted to part time due to budget cuts, I would still be there.
I worked in a busy office but co workers and I all worked together to make our schedule run smoothly. We rarely saw upper management. Our office was a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. The best part was helping our families.
Pros
M-F daylight shift
Cons
No OT