SPI CRM Employee Reviews

People are great, pay is terrible.
Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 1, 2018
Your goal is to sell as much as you can. Stack ranking for commission which makes things extremely difficult to live off of the pay, especially if you have a ways to drive.. if you get along with your teammates then it makes the stressful environment less stressful. A lot of rules, a lot that no one tells you about. These rules are called Tiers. Which are always changing. If you get a tier either some or all of your commission gets taken. Which if you did something on a call that they don’t like, suddenly it’s a tier. I’m my opinion it’s just another way for them to take your commission. Insurance isn’t cheap and neither are the copays. Great insurance if you can afford it. They will 100% sell you on the job. It’s up to you to see through the BS. Strict attendance. If you miss a day, you loose your commission for the week. Doesn’t matter what the situation is. If you miss, the leads have a lesser chance of getting their bonus. Which seems to be the #1 thing most leads are worried about. Overtime is hardly ever available, if you do get approved for it, you get maybe 4 hours. Which if you have a drive, it’s up to you to decide if it’s worth it. Depending on the department depends on your pay. Base pay is $11 an hour. Training makes for extremely long days. You also don’t get taught everything. I read the reviews before applying. Thought to myself that these people were nuts that they were crazy to pass a job this great up. Now I believe them. Your PTO is not always approved (I would recommend doing months in advance notice if you want the day off, if it’s last minute don’t count  more... on it) . If you call in, you get paid hourly (or so they say) but you still loose your commission. You sell DISH products. For the most part dress code is business casual, unless DISH is coming. Then they want you to dress extremely nice (they don’t always tell you when they are coming). Couple of the leads will treat you differently based on performance. If you’re doing good, then they are good to you. If you’re not? Be prepared for the back lash and dirty looks and terrible advice. Unless they change the way you get paid, it’s not easy.  less
Pros
Helpful to an elementary school close by
Cons
Pay
Decent Money
Chat sales representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 17, 2018
You get to sit at a cubicle all day and talk to people through a chat service (if you're on the chat team). The job is relatively easy but it's definitely based on luck. It's easier for some people if you are willing to push people and persuade them to buy things but it's just not something that I'm good at so I didn't make as much money as I could have. Also, the people you deal with can be quite rude and just randomly disconnect on you which doesn't help in making commission for the week.
Pros
lot of money to be made, cool people to work with
Cons
rude people, commission can be hard to obtain
A Great Place to Work
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 23, 2018
I've been at SPiCRM for 3 months now and I really enjoy it. Everyone here has been very helpful and supportive as I learn my role. I like the culture here and find it a real positive and fun environment.
Pros
There are a lot of food and other rewards for employees
Cons
It is a growing business so our lines of business have changed.
good
Training Specialist, Training and Development (Former Employee) –  philippinesApril 2, 2018
ive learned a lot from them, they mold me as a an effective product training specialist. exposed on handling trainining classes and on uptraing. but my salary is not enough
Pros
career growth?
Cons
i dont know
Disappointing Investment
Agent (Current Employee) –  CDA, IDMarch 14, 2018
The CDA location is a new work in progress, granted. There is a fusion of legitimate DISH subject matter experts sprinkled among the extremely recently hired SPI leadership staff who, for the most part, have just recently themselves crash coursed their way through varied degrees of training to assume key management and coaching/training positions; a very prominent handicap in this circumstance is that many of those so tasked are posers, lacking the depth of subject matter expertise and time/grade in life experiences to have more than a faint notion of how to TEACH irrespective of their respective areas of subject matter familiarity.

The immersion curriculum is comically deficient, or was at least in my training class, instructed by an instructor too new to the material to truly teach to the deep corners of it. As the curriculum and the job are completely systems and process driven, that the instruction was 90% discussion and hardly effective hands-on or realistic practice, the slavish adherence to the DISH training metrics may have satisfied some bean counter's measure of objective success, but it proved to be three weeks of class time largely squandered. Far more effective results would have been achievable if the initial instruction was to the actual job instead of to the satisfaction of the monolith.

Don't be fooled by the corporate kool-aid or the lip service to enlightenment. This is your typical train wreck of a call center, rife with inept leadership (they are promoting people with ZERO teaching ability), lots of politics, a work environment full of sticks and
  more... only make believe carrots. If you get excited about HBO kleenex or ShoTime water bottle holders, please forgive me.

There are some EXCEPTIONAL exceptions to this critique, to be sure. But, I come to work every single day. I never missed and I am always early. I learned as much as I was taught. I was criticized for asking questions and rebuked by several so called leaders in the company when I asked why I was being shut down for asking questions I needed to ask to complete my work. The management culture permits some extremely lazy and inept people to masquerade as leaders; these same frauds shut down new employees who need assistance because they do not know the answers and perceive questions for help as a challenge to their position, I can only guess. I can not imagine going to a job as a leader and rebuking my new employees for asking questions, but this has been the norm. Unfortunate. It could be a fun job. Most of the customers are nice folks and they appreciate the help you can offer them.

I am actively seeking other work and will resign soon. My coach is nasty and snarky to me whenever I ask for help; and, my coach was supposedly recruited externally, so highly was this person esteemed by the executive team. Sort of tells me all I need to know about the 'air up there.' Ivory tower indifference notwithstanding, when new employees hit the floor, a basket case coach is an attrition force multiplier. You get what you pay for, SPI. You hire kids. You've got a playground.

Hyperbole aside, grown ups of any age need not apply. You are occupational cannon fodder at SPI.

BADLY managed. Unpaid work required (20-30m per day to deal with their jacked up computers ahead of shift start) and endless pettiness from leadership.

This place is a FARCE.
Pros
nice new location
Cons
unpaid time every day to login/IT issues/Ineffective Training/Sketchy Leadership
Good place to advance in
CS/Tech agent (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDMarch 13, 2018
Being a CS agent was fine. New hire training was very helpful as well as tech training. Being a tech agent is stressful. Plenty of opportunities to advance in the company but also constant changes. If you enjoy call center environments it is a good job
Lots of opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDMarch 6, 2018
With this being a new call center they are growing fast and plenty of opportunities for people that want to take them. Also bonuses with customer services.
bad job don't recommend it
Telephone Representative (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 28, 2018
Really bad job. terrible training and they dont fix problems they know are broke. I worked in a beef slaughterhouse for years and it was more fun than this place. wouldnt recomend this place to anyone.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
pretty much everything else
Hostile work environment
Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 23, 2018
This was a commission based job where no matter how long you have been working there you can still get fired any day. There is no job security and no matter how well you do they seem to always find a reason to take away your commission. Very high stress job. This was the worst job I have ever had.
Pros
Hour long lunch - good money when I received my commission
Cons
No job security, you can do everything right and they can still come up with a reason to take away your commission.
Not the best
Customer service/Tech Agent (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 22, 2018
They say all these things about moving up in the company. But none of it is true. They dont look at your experiance or anything. They dont even give you a chance.

Want to know more about SPI CRM?

Ask a question
You will regret working here
Customer Service Agent/Tech (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 19, 2018
This place is the Clown Shoe Olympics of call centers. The intro training is way too little and after that you are thrown to the wolves. When you ask for information on how to do things you were never shown how to do, you get ripped.

I am looking for another job and if you come to work here, you will too within 4 weeks, GUARANTEED.
Pros
Low hiring standards
Cons
poor management, liars, lack of support, crazy people, aggravation
CSR/Tech Help in CDA
CSR/Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 18, 2018
This is the only job I've had where it feels like a civic duty to warn others not to also make the mistake of working here.

First, they WILL hire you. They are desperate. People quit all the time and they are trying to hire a ridiculous number of people by the end of 2018 to satisfy their DISH masters. So, there's new classes starting all the time.

But, the training is almost all discussion and almost none hands-on so you are kinda up the mud creek once they drop you onto the floor with no parachute. When you get to the phones, you are royally up the mud creek because, in most cases, your coach (supervisor) is also brand new and floundering at least as badly as you.

Oh and lest I forget. They tell you during the hiring interview that all of their many call center pass/fail metrics (you know, those little details that make the difference between you having a job and getting fired) will not be brought to bear on you until you've had at least 13 weeks of training. THIS IS A BLATANT LIE.

At less than 4 weeks, right out of the classroom, our coach began threatening us with loss of job if our "numbers" didn't improve. But, whenever we asked for help, we got ignored or the stink eye.

Working for this company was a complete waste of time. They have a bunch of children running the place. If you just want a 3 week job, you can do the classroom training then quit. What follows is not worth your time.

You will be treated better scrubbing toilets or greeting people wearing a little blue vest than you will be treated at Spi CRP.

Truth.
Pros
have a pulse? you're hired!
Cons
Managers do not have a pulse
Always cutting your paychecks.
Internet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 1, 2018
They are continuously making changes to salary and commission. I used to make a lot of money there, and they lowered commission so much that I was making half of what I used to. the management team sucks, they don't care about you as a person or your career growth. Once you stop making them as much money, your out without warning. Also, there were about 3 different occasions when my paychecks got messed up and time and time again I was promised it would be fixed, but it never was. Place is CHEAP.
chaotic incompetency
CSR (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 24, 2018
3 weeks of classroom next to no practical experience of systems or tools. thrown in to production with no competant knowledge of methods procedures or solutions. top management advice; hold button. mandatory overtime for 6 weeks on 1 day notice. advised you wont advance if you dont do it. abusive customers 100 times a day. horrible. dont do it.
Pros
Cons
micromanagement at a level never experienced in any job ive ever had.
Amazing people Lots of oppurtunity
Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJanuary 15, 2018
Great place to work decent pay friendly atmosphere. Could use different schedule. Helpful and very imformative training. Welcoming group of people. Easy to follow programs. Tools provided for your own success
Pros
Pay, fun place
Cons
Schedule
Fun but
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  philippinesJanuary 13, 2018
Spi Crm was a good company indeed. The environment was good, people around you like supervisors are friendly, approachable (not all) it's just that the location of the company is too far from where I stay. When I go to work, it is very inconvenient for me specially if you do not have a bike, too hard to get a ride from home to work and we are on a night shift/ graveyard shift so it is very hassle for me.I feel not safe every time I'll go to work. Also, one thing I do not like about the company is there are a lot of dispute regarding with our pay, it is like our pay don't have justice especially if you are working on my account, it is not easy. But so far overall experience I enjoyed and happy being part of the company I met a lot of people that are friendly and approachable. The good thing of the company is they are competitive as well.
Great People
Video chat agent (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 4, 2017
Sales could be stressful but the people I worked with made the day go by easier and we would compete so it made the job fun. You also get a hour lunch so that was great.
Pros
Pay
Nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 24, 2017
I would still be working this position if I didn't relocate to the Milwaukee area. This position provides great training and commissions on closed sales.
The worst job I’ve ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 8, 2017
If you like being treated like garbage this job is for you! Favoritism is a huge part so if you want to advance make sure your are liked by superiors. Ridiculous expectations and the over all difficulty kept rising. Does not care about the employees only money. Wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
I wasn’t liked so I wouldn’t know
productive
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesOctober 4, 2017
Productive workplace. Employees are provided with excellent training and having team buildings every now and then. Supervisors were friendly and professionals in dealing with employees and client alike.
Pros
free meal during calamities like typhoon
Cons
short break and healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPI CRM. Our community is ready to answer.

SPI CRM Reviews by Location