SPIN! Neapolitan Pizza Employee Reviews

Fast paced hard work while good friendly feel with coworkers
Cashier/Server/Cook (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 26, 2019
The hardest part of the job was the situations where we were understaffed. The stress in these moments was very high but pushing through made it all better. I learned how to better treat customers and that work isn't always the worst place to be and you can meet friends there too. Not everyone wants to work all the time but when everyone is or anyone steps up to the plate everyone does well.
Fantastic Co-Workers hampered by poor upper-management
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 13, 2019
Spin was a delight to work at based on the co-workers. The main issues lie in upper management that offers little to no guidance on how to fix the problems the store faces in sales and labor.
Pros
Free Pizza, Delightful Co-Workers
Cons
Seven day a week schedule
Fast paced intense and mostly fun
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 28, 2019
Depending on who you work for it can be an incredible experience. Once you step into management the culture changes drastically. Everyone is scared of the owner. As long as you can sustain ultimate perfection and navigate politics through toxic people you will succeed.
Always Enjoyable
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 26, 2019
No matter the day of the week, the managers and other workers would strive to make the work environment a fun and productive place, which eventually taught me how to use my time in the most productive ways possible.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Late night shifts
Fast paced and fun environment.
Front of House Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 4, 2019
I like working at Spin, great people, and as far as restaurants go one of the easiest I have ever worked in. Simple menu with fresh ingredients and scratch recipes make me feel like a chef again.
Pros
Insureance, 401 k, paid vacation.
Cons
Long hours, the ability to be thrown in any restaurant at any given time.
Not bad, but wasn't there long enough to really tell
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 10, 2018
I wish the location I worked at didn't close. I enjoyed my time there, but it was definitely a supplement to my main job. I couldn't see this being a main source of income.
productive and fun workplace
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 11, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job was probably the incredible team spirit and sense of belonging in the workplace. Management was either incredible or struggling but overall a positive and enriching experience. Sometimes working a rush when short staffed could become stressful. I would work there again.
Pros
half price meals after a shift
Cons
closing work
It was nice for a short-term job while I was looking for other work.
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NEJuly 16, 2018
Nothing was really wrong with the job and itself I was just not looking to be washing dishes and busting tables the whole time I was there I was looking a job that better suits my skills and to find out what my skills are in particularly.
Pros
Great people, great food
Cons
Very repetitive
My favorite place I have ever worked!!
Cashier/Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJanuary 28, 2018
The people here are so nice! I love the work culture, and the history of the brand. I have worked here a long time, and Spin only gets better. The managers are always trying to do things better and better. I would 100% recommend. The tips are really good too! And the discount is 50%!
Pros
Discount, People, Managers
Cons
A lot of time on your feet
A good job for entry level
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 10, 2017
This is my first serving job. It was stressful at times, but it gets the jobs done. Management was unorganized as we would get different answers from each manager about our concerns.
Fun and responsible first job.
Cashier and Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work was usually 5 hours a shift that included taking customer orders and cleaning as well as food running. I learned to manage my time efficiently, work hard, and create customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was when there was a rush of people coming in and I had to take orders nonstop. But it was enjoyable and a great learning experience for me for my first job.
Pros
Great tasting food and coworkers
Good Job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 30, 2017
Started off as server, became cashier, then cook, then manager. Great people and atmosphere to work in. People willing to help and work with you to best of ability.
Family Oriented
(Server) Spin (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 7, 2016
Due to location, it is not too busy. most busy times of the week would be Fri & Sat. Sometimes Thurs & Suns depending on movie releases & weather. Customers around the area are nice. a lot of families so it gives you an "at home" vibe when working. Coworkers & Management also emit the same vibe which makes it such an easy place to work. Only difficulty is when closing alone as server, and customers come close to closing hours, will get out later. But what restaurant business doesnt. Its always fun when you look forward to enjoying the time you make there.
Fun workplace with a nice atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 13, 2015
Work at Spin! felt pretty great when everyone worked as a team. Both the back of house and front of house employees worked to make the guests priority number one.
Pros
Friendly management, Food discount
Cons
Short volume shifts
Great co-workers and fast paced work environment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 31, 2015
Walk in and check back of house checklist. Restock plates, clean oven, top and bottom stock the necessary foods. Co-workers are friendly and very outgoing.
Spin! Pizza
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CADecember 31, 2014
My coworkers have easily become good friends of mine and management is very easy to get along with. A typical day at works means always being on your feet, ready for the unexpected. Management has been really great to me, to the point where I can talk to them about any potential issues, or simply about my day. What I've learned from working here was how to work in a full-service restaurant, how to operate a more common point-of-sale system, and how to resolve the different kind of guest matters that I had not yet seen. The most enjoyable part of my job is being told by guests that they enjoyed everything and are willing to come back if a first-time guest, or if a regular guest, being able to continuously see them and continue our conversation every time.
Pros
Half off Employee Meals, Free Hourly Manager Meals, Company events.
Cons
Not enough hours, going out of business.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAOctober 27, 2014
During my time at Spin Pizza, i learned a lot of different things. Like handling customer problems/complaints, how to multitask efficiently, along with many other things. A typical day at work varied. Depending on the day and time. Friday and Saturday nights were INSANE, our line would be out the door. During the week during lunch time we would have a lunch time rush filled with business lunches. Once everyone got into the grove of things at spin, seeing how it is a new restaurant, we worked well together. Everyone had their strengths, and where one of was weak another was strong, so 9/10 time each shift was a successful shift. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was learning all that i did, and knowing that my managers knew they could rely on me. The hardest part of my job, I would say was knowing that there was no room for growth in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPIN! Neapolitan Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.