Spin Master Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Spin Mater Inc. is a good Company to work for.
Retail Sales and Merchandising Rep (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 2, 2018
My over all experience with Spin Master was very good.
I was a essential component.
Developed strong working relationships with Retail partners both staff and management.
I conducted multi store visits 36 retailers in Territory.
Ensured product was available, at right location, at right price.
Wrote orders and secured incremental display space that were valued activities fostering Spin Masters sucess
Enjoyable people to work with; Overall extermely disorganized company with lack of decisiveness
Engineering Management Development Program (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Spin Master is an extremely unique place to work. Within the office it is a fun and friendly environment. In addition that friendliness extends past work time hours. However, on the overall structure of the company there are a few deficiencies. First of all direction from upper management is never consistent. Every month is a new strategy or direction, causing a lot of churn and back tracking. In addition, room for development and growth is very limited. After a year you will reach a plateau for development.
Pros
Fun environment, friendly coworkers, free/discounted toys, good vacation time
Cons
No clear direction, long hours, incompetent coworkers, general ignorance to interal issues
Spin Master is wild ride full of surprises!
Staff Designer Preschool Team (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2017
Spinmaster is a fun and energetic place to work, SM is situated at the forefront of toy design and innovation. Its employees are highly creative and driven in all aspects of toy design, branding and development.
I was lucky enough to be with Spin since the beginning of the Los Angels office I was fortunate to help start the Los Angeles office back in 2006, So in the early years we were lean and mean...We had to be resourceful...We did whatever it takes to get things done!
Many influential toy brands came out of our hard work. We set the trend for years to come, the company culture we created is work hard play hard environment (and that's what we did)!
The environment is casual in manner of dress but don't let that fool you, there are hard working teams developing evergreen brands and its own IP to drive the company forward at a very fast pace.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with many different personalities and managing their expectation's, Sometimes direction is vague so you really need to read between the lines.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you form with the staff other employees. There is a sense that everyone is in it together, all the departments follow the same schedule so you have a sense of comradery as you push through various deadlines.
The most important thing I learned it to be flexible and versatile at Spin you must be able to zig & zag at a moments notice!
Oh and keep your passport up to date, overseas travel can be frequent and at a moments notice.
Pros
Great people, fun work environment
Cons
Super tight deadlines, sometimes vague feedback & must do a lot with a little
Creative, fun, and challenging work environment
Intern l (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2017
The environment here consisted of other interns and workers who shared a creative mindset and worked together to meet weekly goals and made an average day a fun environment. Not your average work place with serious and overly challenging task due to
Pros
Mentorship opportunities, access to a variety of computer programs, fun environemnt
Fun, entrepreneurial and focused on innovation
Senior Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 18, 2017
Spin Master brings a great combination of entrepreneurial spirit and stable growth, with a combination of exciting new businesses and more established brands. While there can be fewer resources than at larger companies like Hasbro or Mattel, there's also less bureaucracy and more opportunity to make meaningful decisions. The culture is positive and exciting, and the people are great collaborators.
Pros
Company culture, innovation, speed to market
Cons
Licensor relations aren't as strong as competitors
Unstable company at times
Retail Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2017
The Retail Merchandising position is great, the management of the division is inexperienced and lacking in people skills. The ability to management your own territory and the account base can provide you with experience to advance with another company.
Pros
Remote positon, good hourly pay.
Cons
Management.
Efficient and fun working environment with an entrepreneur spirit.
Project Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2013
Spin Master really allowed me to grow as a leader and designer. They put me in charge of several key brands that were slated to increase the company's bottom line and become staples in the toy industry. I started out in the company being my own manager, jumping from group to group wherever they needed my expertise. I quickly got picked to join the entertainment team to produce new and interesting franchises for young boys entertainment. Having experience in creating hit television show content, characters, vehicles and stories, I was allowed to run wild with creativity and passion. I would recommend having a few years of design experience at a larger company before working at Spin Master, due to the loose structure and fast paced environment. Once they believe in you, there is so stopping you at Spin Master. I highly recommend working there!
Pros
Great pay, great people, amazing projects!
Cons
Loose corporate structure, fast paced.
Fun place to work, great people
Executive Assistant/Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2013
This a great place to work. Great people & products. I have been lucky to be given the opportunity to learn more than just Admin duties. For instance, SAP for PO generations & billing. I enjoy working for this company and assisting people to be as successful as we, as a company, possibly can.
Innovative Toy Company
Brand Manager Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2012
- Can be a little disorganized and chaotic
- Great place to learn about innovation
- Short staffed, so you may work long hours
Pros
able to bring kids to work occasionally on fridays
Cons
high risk for toys