SPIN Employee Reviews

Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2019
Spin is a very fair place to work they do their best to make sure that you have everything that you need to do your job management has an open door policy they go above and beyond to help you with any issues you have at work and your personal life
Pros
Very fair
Cons
Can’t really think of one
productive and fun work place
4-H SPIN Club Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roscommon, MIFebruary 13, 2019
A typical day consists of a lot of meetings and e-mails which entails great time management skills. Those within my office are very helpful, dedicated workers. It was always a positive work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is hosting clubs with the youth as well as doing outreach within the community. The hardest part of the job is working at a desk, where you are often sitting for long periods of time.
Pros
connections opportunities within the community, work environment, training
Cons
sitting at a desk for extended periods of time
fun place good music
Busser/Barback (Former Employee) –  New York StateDecember 12, 2018
Pretty cool hours was doo doo though, had to stop working there because the timing was inconvenient and there was no way for me to work for 12 hours straight
Productive fun place to eat and drink. Also ping pong.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2018
The work conditions are relaxed and geared to providing a fun and engaging experience for both the customer and employee. The atmosphere makes every night fun and challenging to keep the experience positive on busy nights.
Pros
Discounts on food, ping pong and drinks.
Cons
Hours
Lots of Empty Promises
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 16, 2018
SPiN has definitely changed from what it was, to now. This company is growing too fast and needs to put more time in developing and valuing its current staff and properties. It needs to really understand the market it is going into and not think it can produce the same numbers as the larger NY or SF markets. There are tons of HR issues with only one person trying to correct (that one person is amazing, but she can only do so much). Many promises are made to employees on compensation, continuing education and employee development, but are never delivered on due to financial strain the company is going through. It is a cool concept and can be so much more, but until they get it together corporate down, it will continue to be a mess.
Pros
Comp ping pong time
Cons
Healthcare benefits are HORRIBLE, no 401K, no continuing education, no money to assist with growing business
Great Company
TSS Worker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2018
SPIN is a great company to work for and is very flexible. They really try to work with you and work with your schedule and whatever else you have going on. They are very collaborative and eager to help.
Productive and fun place with ping pong, food, and drinks
Passer & Host (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2018
It's really depends on if there's a lot of parties or big parties, then it's really busy because we try to get all foods and drinks to them as much as we can. Also, with retail added to it, it gets very chaotic. I though I learn the different types of foods and allergies in the food, also on how to interact with strangers [customers] without being shy.My managers are very supporting in and outside of work, their very understandable and easy to talk to when your have a situation going on. SPiN is all about art, ping pong, and good food. It's a place we can all feel free to be ourselves without being judge or discriminated. The atmosphere is very chill. The only time the job gets hard is when there is no communication, and we still have to work on that a little more. Although, the best part about the job is goofing around with my coworkers,"turning up" with the parties, and Players' Night every Friday night.
Messy Startup With A Mess of Problems
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 4, 2018
This company was incoherent at all times. From the hiring process to the overall direction, it is impressive that it lasted this long. The concept behind bike-sharing and app-based transportation is cool, but the business itself is completely flawed.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Low Pay, No Mission
A fun and casual ping pong social club and bar.
Host (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2018
Pros
Discounts on food and free table time when off.
Cons
Few hours
Productive, Fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2018
I enjoyed being around my co-workers whom are always willing to help whenever I needed it. I wouldn’t have traded them for anybody else. I was able to work at my own pace.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Short lunch breaks
pretty good
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 13, 2018
management was good, team members were amazing, the only con was the 12-18 hour gigs/events which were just absolutely brutal, pros were definitely the pay.
A fun place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2018
Good management and must abide by the rules
Work place culture is great
Does not stress their staff a lot
Position staff in locations that best fits
Observes and respects hierarchy
career advancement
Qualified training staff
Yearly certifications and trainings
Productive friendly workplace
Caregiver/ direct support professional (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 2, 2018
At SPIN you assist individuals with a their daily and normal lfestyle. Ive learned to administer medication the right way. The management team is average. The hardest part of the job was getting off on time. I enjoy the ottings with the individuals.
fun and friendly staff, well paid
busser (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94107December 27, 2017
A typical day at work would be clocking in, setting up for parties, clearing work floor from empty glasses and dishes. maintaining a stocked bus station. i learned to be very close to detail. the managers are very friendly but yet strict when it comes to doing the job. the hardest part of this job is to stay late night and close venue past midnight. the most enjoyable part of this job is providing services to our guest while music is being played by the dj.
Pros
excellent guests, clean work environment, great managers
Cons
late night shifts
Feel good job at a non-profit
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 14, 2017
SPIN does a lot of wonderful work for the individuals that they support. There is some room to move around in the company but you can only go so far. I would have stayed longer if I could have made more money.
Pros
You are doing work to help people
Cons
Low salary
Fun place to work but management sucks !
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2017
Fun place to work in but the managers are all young and immature, don’t know what they are doing when it comes to their employees. They only give the good shifts to same people, so if you are new don’t expect any good shifts.
Pros
Cool environment
Cons
Managers are rude, no good shifts, don’t judge you on your work ethic but on how well you get along with them.
Fun, hard work, great company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at SPIN and with my SPIN family because everybody was really nice to me even though they rarely spoke to me. Every two days per week that I worked there my co-workers are always helping me whenever I need it.
Pros
excelent co-workers
Cons
Short lunch break
Stressful
Laundromat-Janitor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 7, 2017
I did not care to work here. there wasnt very good management when i worked here. there wasnt very good training and the hours sucked! no benefits what so ever. There was never a stable manager and at the time i had to pay out of my pocket for supplies that the company should have paid for.
Rewarding and fun
Lead DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 4, 2017
Everyday brought a different experience, SPIN allowed you to work with different people with different goals. Some days you worked on life skills such as budgeting and cooking, other days you helped someone accomplish health and wellness goals.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No set breaks
great place to work
Manager, Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 15, 2017
Overall, the pay is better than most agencies in the same field, though still low. In residential services, work life balance is tough and the work is very hard, but it gets better in other departments. Almost all positions are internally filled, so it is very competitive, but almost everyone in corporate started in direct care.