Spindletop Center Employee Reviews

QMHP (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 15, 2018
Good things about Spindletop
* Benefits are okay
* Independent Work environment
* Clients are worth the world in gold

Bad Thing about Spindletop
* Co-Workers are ruthless and hostile
* Milage re-imbursement is complex and limited ( act of congress to get paid)
* Quality and Qualified employees are not valued. The short cutters are.

The hardest part of working there is getting your paperwork in a timely manner.You never have enough time in a day to document what you have done, and get out in the field to see more clients.
Pros
clients
Cons
balancing paperwork, clients, various meetings, and milage
Terrible Place to work if you are looking for appropriate compensation and a place to advance
Qualified Mental Health Professional III (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 17, 2018
Very low paying job
Management is terrible
Hostile work environment
They want yo to meet a certain number of billable hours per month and it is IMPOSSIBLE with all the work they require you to do
Super hard to keep up with your caseload and documentation
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Everything about the job
Helping People Help Themselves to Succeed
Unit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 24, 2018
Accomplishing Tasks, Individual accomplishes tasks, contracts fulfilled, multitask of a day, team builder, worked well without supervision, attentive to listen, responsibility completed
Pros
Cafeteria Available, Gym Available, Personal Leave and Holiday Leave
Cons
case loads
Very stressful and unorganized
MVPN Peer Coordinator/Vet. Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 23, 2018
Very stressful.The temp supervisor did not manage well.Hardest:trying to fit the job into the temp supervisor's mold. Enjoyable:helping vets&their fam
Pros
jot paid for travel
Cons
Trying to fit the job into the temp supervisor's mold
Overworked
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 4, 2019
No advancement, poor supervisor, low pay,tons of paperwork half unnecessary, CEO up on charges. But. The rest of the staff are scary group of women afraid to speak up. Instead of overtime they want you to flex your time.
Pros
Pl time off
Cons
To much paperwork low pay
na
CASE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXNovember 14, 2018
Spindletop is very unorganized at this time. Spindletop is attempting to revamp and rebrand; by doing so upper management is micro -managing the caseworkers. Spindletop does not provide competitive pay or the opportunity for advancement.
Extremely stressful meeting the demands of higher ups to meet approval of state requirements
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 26, 2018
So many state requirements but management makes even more stringent requirements than the state does. A very stressful environment. Good benefits though.
Benefits
Cons
High stress
A job that became very stressful without raises given.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 10, 2018
Poor management from Program Administrator
No opportunity for advancement
Liked the flexibility
The job began to go backwards for me instead of forward meaning that there was not
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management from Program Administrator
No room for advancement, low pay and unrorganized.
QMHP (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 3, 2018
I’ve been working for Spindletop almost 2 years. Never have I received or been offered a pay raise. There are always promises of a raise but it never comes. Management is very unorganized and they try to intimidate the workers(threaten to fire them) for the simplest of mistakes. Training is provided but it isn’t the proper training needed to complete your job successfully. No one takes credit for this because it would make them look incompetent. Our schedules use to be flexible but now they are implementing new changes to micro manage every part of the day. Insurance benefits only those in higher positions. We’re supposed to be reimbursed for mileage BUT the center only pays out what they want. Even when you have paid days off you aren’t allowed to use them. They refuse to pay overtime, even if you work over 40 hours. I WOULD NOT recommend anyone working here unless you just need to get your feet wet.

The only benefit to this company is being able to help and support the clients!
Cons
Low pay, stressful and lack of knowledgeable leadership
High stress, high turn over, just do it mentality
Manager of Information Services (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 18, 2018
Typical day at work would be arriving at the office 2 hours early to get a head start on primary job duties due to the constant interruptions.
High stress, high turn over, high production. Open door policy, constant daily interruptions. Management has hands off management style. Constant service outages leading to staff unable meet weekly goals.
Work place culture was toxic. Staff would threaten each other with contacting the chiefs if the request was not addressed immediately.
Staff would hang up during phone calls with other staff. Staff lacked professionalism.
Administrators would delegate work to staff that did not have the approval limit to make the requests.
Administration would take off work frequently not responding to staff.
Hardest part of the job was juggling the daily interruptions, and attitudes. Not being recognized for the hard work. The systems would constantly go down.
Pros
Paid time off, flexibility
Cons
Consistent interruption, high turn over
Stressful in some areas but overall a steady job
Human Services Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 16, 2018
A typical day at work is taking care of physically and mentally challenged individuals, some of whom can't talk or move for that matter. Making sure these individuals are clean and cared for daily. Making sure that each consumer is doing something or learning a skill that is beneficial to their daily lives and development.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Having to deal with behaviors that are sometimes violent
It can be a productive and fun workplace
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 28, 2018
I loved working at Spindletop but it was my supervisor that prompt me to leave. She was unpredictable and did not train at all. Ig it had not been for the supervisor. I would still be there
Pros
Bring with clients and seeing them happy
Cons
Supervisor was not good
Productive and fun work place
Human Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at spindletop. The job clearly cares about the individuals taht we took care of as well as the employees. The hours were perfect and the pay was ok
Stressful low pay
Lcdc (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 8, 2018
Very stressful power plays,there only for the consumer. They don't support their employees , no significant raises,the supervisor yell at you,you have to do others work with no pay
a new experience
Consumer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 24, 2018
This was a temporary job that lasted a little longer than expected, which I was very grateful for. My supervisor was amazing! She was very understanding and extremely helpful. I am sad that this job is ending. The center itself, has undergone a lot of turnover in upper management. This has caused a little uneasiness, but so far so good.
Pros
Paid time off accumulation
Cons
job security
Horrible
Service Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 28, 2017
Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Low moral.
Unfair treatment
Over worked under paid.
No advancement.
No training.
Management over looks problems nothing solved.
Malfunctioning computer systems on a weekly basis.
High expectations with lack of time, training, or adequate equipment.
Management and department need to be revamped due to high turnover rate.
Caseload handed to you with no training.
Management not available or helpful.
Caseloads anywhere from 45 to 55 clients to see monthly not able to help clients adequately.
No lunch or time to take a vacation due to lack of assistance.
Challenging and rewarding
Service Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXNovember 15, 2017
A typical day at work can be at times unpredictable because of unexpected events with clients on your caseload and additional assignments added by the supervisor.
I have learned better time management skills in order to meet the various deadlines required by the job.
The workplace culture is friendly.
The hardest part of the job is multitasking, completing paperwork, and meeting deadlines.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility.
Pros
flexibility in taking time off; friendly atmosphere, and the clients.
Cons
no overtime pay; low salary; high caseload; lots of paper work and various deadlines
Too "by the book" and disorganized
Service Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 27, 2017
I only worked here for 2 weeks, so I can't say *too* much about the work itself. I had to suddenly end my employment and relocate. But I spent the first 2 full weeks doing mandatory training, and only 10% of it may have actually been relevant to my job. After the 2 week training, my boss had no idea what to do with me. I literally was left in my office for 4 hours with no tasks, nothing read over, study, etc. This organization is well-established, but desperately needs to be remodeled organizationally because every policy and procedure is incredibly antiquated. I had no desire to continue here because after two weeks, I may have encountered only 3 people who seemed remotely happy and content with their jobs. The service coordinators complained of case loads being incredibly high, (40+ individuals per case manager) and the complicated programs and systems Spindletop makes its employees use is incredibly ineffective.
Good workplace
Human Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 19, 2017
My typical day at work consist of providing care for my clients and I learn to listen to my clients needs if it verbal or non-verbal learn to communicate with my clients.Knowing that its all about the clients.The hardest part about the job mangement and the enjoyable part seeing a smile on my clients face knowiing I have meet their needs for that day..
Pros
Bonus time
Cons
Rights and wrongs
Way too much favoritism
Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXDecember 20, 2017
It once was a place that i once enjoyed being and working at. The supervisor at the Center that i worked under, was unfair and tried to be intimidating.
Pros
you will love the individuals that you work with.
Cons
too much staff favoritism.