Spire Hotels Employee Reviews

Worst Egyptian front office manager
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 3, 2018
I worked for this company for almost 2 years and front office dept doesn’t allow you to grow because the Egyptian front office manager doesn’t know anything about handling his people. He is just like an idiot managing the team with his cheap experience in hospitality industry that made people quit in days of joining. Stay away from this company don’t waste your experience working here with a very low rate too
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
Worst place to work
Great place to work, feels like family.
Supervisor Housekeeping Department (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 31, 2018
The workplace is very enjoyable, on any given day. Being in management enables one to learn different ways to increase their knowledge of diversity. One of the most heartfelt moments is being able to exceed over the guest expectations...and they know it.
Pros
The free lunches are very appreciated.
Cons
There isn't any company involment much outside of the workplace.
Not a good place to work
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 22, 2018
No other review other than the questions already asked me, I answered all questions to the best of my ability. It was just a poor work place and the owners just cared about the profit.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
Poor management
Excellent Hospitality Management Company
Director of HR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2018
SPIRE Hospitality is an excellent employer, professional, caring who provide competitive benefits and lots of opportunities to grow whiting the company.
Awesome Company
Assistant General Manager - Courtyard (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 22, 2017
I would work for Spire Hospitality if the opportunity came available. Wonderful CEO in Bill Deforest and the leadership team. My time spent with Spire Hospitality gave me the insight to develop a award winning team.
Pros
Great team
Fun place to work
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 17, 2017
This company helps you grow, it's up to us we take it or not.
Celebrates our employees for working hard.
Fun place to work for.
Recognition of employees that work hard and deserve team members of the month awards.
Free parking
Pros
Free food
Cons
Healthcare, 401K, dental, vision
good managent
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 24, 2017
i have work here and the housekeeping manager is great she takes the time to talk to employees every morning and allows the opinion of the housekeepers to be heard. it has a good working environment
Cons
heavy work load
Love your co-workers, regret your payscale
Income Auditor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 5, 2016
I have worked for a Spire Hospitality property for a couple of years now. I can honestly say that I care about the people I work with, and they care about me. However, the corporate overlords under whom we toil see us as expenses to be minimized. Expect a hotel whose revenue management team regularly compares revenue numbers to competitors, combined with a labor model that will NEVER compare wages to competitors.
Pros
Free lunches, compassionate coworkers, dedicated coworkers
Cons
Low wages and high expectations
Great environment to work in
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 15, 2015
Specifically I am a server for one of their partnered restaurants next to a Hilton. A typical day at work is upon clocking in one checks the assignment sheet to see what opening duties one has, cutting lemons, making tea etc. and also checking one running duties which you are responsible for your entire shift such as filling up ice, keeping glass ware restocked. Most of the job is keeping an upbeat attitude for not only the customers you provide service to but your coworkers as well, it is very important to keep the morale high on a shift. Mostly what you learn on a typical day in the restaurant world is what mood people are in be it customers or coworkers. You have got to be empathetic and emotionally intuitive in your work environment. Management always seems to be supportive and aware of this as well. Their one draw back is they hired way too many employees in the beginning and now enough shifts are not available. The hardest part of my job is 6-8 hours of walking. The most enjoyable part of the job is bringing a smile to somebody, anybody's face.
Pros
Employee meal
Cons
Not enough shifts available
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Clark, NJMay 18, 2015
The company had a good compensation package and a very good management team. The Holiday Inn brand had a good work culture.