Spireon, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worst Place EVER!
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAMarch 28, 2018
I started what I thought was a great position with Spireon Inc. At first, it was great and I was under a great manager. My hours were consistent with a 40-50 work week. I loved who I worked with. After a few months, my manager had left due to issues with upper management. I, then, transferred under a new manager and that's when it became a complete nightmare. At first I had flexibility in the mornings ( cobb county traffic sucks) so I never worried about being there by a strict 8am. I was no longer allowed to leave for lunches, my hours changed from roughly 9am to 745am. I ended up being micromanaged. I don't ever recommend this place to anyone, unless they have a change in management.
Fast paced high stress sales
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dyersville, IAMarch 19, 2018
My typical day would be reaching out to new prospects and trying to earn their business with software/hardware packages allowing them to track their cars after the sale has been completed. Managing account managers that are handling my current book of business. Managing a group of lead developers. Training.
Fun atmosphere with focus on hard work and making money.
Business Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dyersville, IAJanuary 26, 2018
Management allowed me to grow as an employee and to advance when it was deserved. The culture is great, I enjoyed working with my coworkers and loved being able to have fun while making money. The company is always changing and the employees tend to feel the growing pains but the employees are used to that and know how to overcome the tough times. I would recommend Spireon as a great place of employment and I consider myself lucky to have been apart of the business.
Pros
Free Lunches, fun work enviroment, great coworkers, good pay.
Cons
You become a number and layoffs are common.
Not a lot of room for advancement.
Tier 1 Technical Support - CSR (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Was promised several times by management that there would be opportunities for growth but the follow through wasn't there. The company would change your working hours without asking and expect you to adjust your home life.
Pros
Co-workers, culture
Cons
Poor management
I actually enjoy working here.
Mobile 12 volt Installations (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 26, 2017
I have become friends with many fellow employees in various departments and areas of the company. I love seeing new places and meeting new people .
But, it does get old never knowing the schedule of your day to day work till very late the night before.
The cost of fuel really cutting into your profits and , the guilt trip played on you each time they call to pick up more work.
Seems you as for a day off and you will be punished by a very sparse scheduling the next week .
Also , the once great family atmosphere that existed before being bought out by current company is gone ! Managers are profit driven and you're the least of their concerns health or personal wise.
Pros
Seeing diffent places each day new people.
Cons
Lack of prepairness and feeling like you're punished if you ever as for time to be off.
Nothing to say
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 22, 2017
Lots of changes at the time and there was no fair process of putting people in position that can make an influence in the company. All about who you know not what you know
Good work atmosphere
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dyersville, IAMay 11, 2017
The management team respects and backs people on their sales teams. Effort must be put in every day to reap the rewards, and the pay is above average.
Good company culture with nice people
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 4, 2017
Depend on which department/manager you are working for, it can be a good company to work at. In some departments, the systems can be old and outdated, especially for a tech company. Most efforts seem to be focused on engineer/sales groups, and not much on the other support departments.
Energetic and productive environment with hard-working people
Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 9, 2017
I learned valuable business skills such as effective communication and using time effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people who were constantly helping me do better and achieve more.
Inefficient Culture
Region Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2017
Your left in an island when crud hits the fan. Way undermanned with needed engineers. They are losing business as fast as they can get it with horrible customer service. The Customer Account Managers are over worked and overwhelmed. It shows, especially after they lost their number one client CAC. Most of the upper tier VP's are in the good ole boys network getting paid while the rest are either getting laid off or losing their client base. Pay plans are constantly changing and the atmosphere is rocky and no one can trust what the other is doing. High positioned people are out of their league and can't get out of their own way! It's a shame how this company is in a dive and being driven in the ground. I'm sure it will be sold soon in a fire sale.
Pros
They have a nice booth for the convention
Cons
Horrible upper management
Great
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Great and good environment I loved it they had monthly lunches sometimes even weekly good pay great benifit. I worked in the wearhouse. Great schedules
R&D Hardware Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Job security has been a long time conversation here and is frankly the reason why I didn't enjoy day to day operations knowing that the curtain could be closed at any moment.
Spireon
Provisioning Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Management flaws, each department works for themselves and not as a cohesive team. Engineering department has been cut down to 2 people which the workload is too much to handle efficiently.
Not What it Used to Be
Director (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 13, 2017
The focus is clearly on selling the company. Culture is an afterthought; fear is rampant. Bad strategy to let go or push out multiple c-levels who built this company. Their teams will follow and there goes your tribal knowledge. Good luck with this strategy at a "tech" company
poorly run company
executive sales director/outside sales (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 6, 2016
My position was eliminated with the buying of numerous companies recently. They internally don't have their stuff together. Pricing all over the place, and inside sales team trumps outside sales. They can work your territory and steal accounts your working on.
Pay is poor!
If your needing a job or experience then try it. But if you like yourself and want a professional company to work for, this is not the place you want to be!
Pros
hands off
Cons
commission requirements ridiculous growth- 40% over last years numbers.
Absolutely terrible.
BDR (Former Employee) –  Dyersville, IAApril 2, 2016
Was hired by a temp agency. After 90 days they are to hire you on... Six months later I am still working thru a temp agency. Supervisors were very very for who they favored and didn't hire me on because I wasn't up their rear ends like everyone else. It didn't matter that I could do the job right. I worked my tail off for sales (and I succeeded) just to be called after I left to have them tell me I was laid off. Not to mention it was the Wednesday before thanksgiving so they let me go so they wouldn't have to pay me for holidays. They couldn't tell me that while I was there?! The worst management I have ever dealt with and honestly being laid off was the best thing that could have happened to me.

My advice to everyone.. No
Pros
8-5 Monday thru Friday.
Cons
Management.
Regional Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GADecember 14, 2015
Spireon prides itself on taking care of its people, and how its employees perceive their work place. They have done a great job making sure that as the expense of insurance has gone up, it has had a minimal impact on the employees.
Great first job
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Good place to start a career..
Need to be adaptable and a fast learner.
Pay attention to detail.
Understand what is required of you and attain those goals.
Pros
Lots of opportunities
Cons
Same as any other fast growing company..
Horrible. No work life balance. Disfunctional, toxic and political
N/a (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 14, 2015
This place is a disaster from the top to the bottom. The equity firm is calling the shots and new leadership doesn't understand how to turn those directives into revenue. Management seems like they might be in over their head.

Loooong hours. 12-15 hour days are the norm and expected. No time for lunch. "What have you done for me lately?" is the mentality. They are toxic, political and completely dysfunctional.

Run don't walk - to the next job opportunity.
New company working on alingning processes
Demand & Supply Planner (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 22, 2014
Worked there for 6 weeks. The position I was hired for was eliminated by upper management.