Spireon Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Spireon
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2018
This is a call center so there are many people speaking at once. You have superiors in meetings constantly. They environment is very nice and overall it was a great experience.
terrible environment
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 10, 2018
Long hours, long over-time, poor management. The company is a result of merger between a number of companies and then quite a few acquisitions. They have a lot of different systems. No one understand the entire environment and the management was too afraid to really do anything to fix things - "If it ain't broken, don't fix it." You just go from one fire to the next. Be very careful about working there. Make sure you really know what you are getting into.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
hectic environment, systems are always breaking
Fun place to work. Relaxed atmoshper
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dyersville, IAApril 10, 2018
Contact as many leads as possible and set as many appointments as possible to reach you goal. Learned about high risk auto loans and GPS devices. Management was easy to work with and willing to help. Workplace was relaxed and they did a lot to make it fun. Hardest part of the job was days you couldn't reach anyone on the phone. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with everyone
Pros
Games, potlucks, trips
Workplace
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 23, 2018
This is an average place to work. People were nice and got along with each other. Do have to say that some of the upper management team was rude. Loved mt work hours.
Pros
Some of the workes
Cons
Upper management
Mass Changes
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dyersville, IAJanuary 22, 2018
Work environment was always changing.
Paid time off is good
Benefits are good have good vision and dental
Co workers are nice
Small office space
Always changing management
Lots of Opportunity
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2017
Overall we are expanding and moving in another direction but nothing that is immediate. There is a year to 3 years of wait to fill any position with different compensation.

If you continue working here there may not be advancement opportunities no matter how hard you work or how well you do your job.
Spireon
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 25, 2017
I started with the company as a new start up. Was very interesting work and to many changes in short period of time that affect pay compensation often
Hard to swallow culture
Technical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 5, 2016
Working for this company has had it's ups and downs. When I first came here, there were many chances to advance and to move forward with the right leadership but those days are long gone.
Sub par
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Anytown, USAAugust 19, 2016
Circling the drain, guys, figure it out. Hiring a hatchet man isn't the answer! Now you've affected over 100 families. The product wont sell itself.
Pros
Could play golf whenever I wanted to
Cons
Pay, micromanaged to death, weak leadership, too many chiefs, weak upward mobility
Was a decent place to work
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 17, 2016
Decided to lay off all the outside sales force on the first of august after obtaining obscene raises in quotas. (from june to july mine went up 81%.)
Spireon takes pride in its people
Regional Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJuly 5, 2016
Spireon does a great job in making sure to help out their employees. They concentrate on making sure their benefits package is higher than average, and they also want to make sure to concentrate on everyone's health and wellness.
N/a
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJune 21, 2016
Fast paced, innovative and constant change environment. I have had 4.5 years of success here and look forward to many more.
My Day
Customer Service\Warehouse Tech (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 1, 2016
Coming to work on-time
Be ready to work
Team player
Self Motivated
Honest
Dependable
I am always willing to help anyone
Management was always willing to assist with advancement
Pros
Hard worker
Cons
Hardly take time for a break
Good Company
Finance Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 12, 2016
It was a Contract position to clean up credit card payment. When I left the company all Credit cards were up to date and current.
Pros
Cons
Should not let Collections get to far out.
Productive Fast Paced Technology Environment
INDEPENDENT SALES AGENT/CUSTOMER ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 12, 2014
Sales
Order fulfillment
Create exemplary customer service experience
Website training
Sales training
territory management
Pros
Team was like a family
You are very productive in this job and always learning
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2014
I follow my work orders to arrive to customer's locations to perform the gps installation. It is a independent job.
Pros
good pay and get to travel
Cons
away from home to long and have to put alot miles on your own vehicle.
Company needs work
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 7, 2014
The atmosphere at Spireon is really laid back. The Hardware R&D team was like my second family and I liked working there. The issue is the company as a whole, it is pretty scrambled right now. There are people leaving faster than people getting hired. They are also turning them selves into a glorified retailer. They say there innovators but there not anymore. All there products are soon to be generic. What they are turning the company into, I don't think the company will have a bright future. In a lunch meeting the CEO of the company said to us, " If you're not willing to do the job for the price we will find someone who will." This is a harsh reality but doesn't give any type of confidence to your employees. I feel like your just slapping us in the face.
Pros
Smart peolpe and Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Everything else that a company should repersent this company fails at.
Tele Marketing, management to be desired, low pay
Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Dyersville, IAMarch 6, 2014
The management was not good, too many people thinking they were in charge, low pay, no room for advancement.
Good company working thru some growing pains.
Account Executive, Automotive Solutions Group (Former Employee) –  Dyersville, IADecember 3, 2013
Spireon manufactures and markets industry leading technology and has the lions share of the sub prime lending market for GPS tracking hardware and services. They are working thru some issues with new leadership and will soon be positioned for an advanced level of growth which will present great opportunities for the future.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Limited advancement.
Fast paced technology oriented
Account Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 29, 2013
I managed 30+ accounts worth 8 million dollars. Spireon is understaffed and going through corporate restructuring. I enjoyed helping my customers and building relationships with key contacts within my client's organizations.